Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1323592563002122240?s=19

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I dont follow celebrity. did this tweet fall out of the HBO’s Watchmen dimension?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pingui posted:

Yes, so you should either get covers (which I haven't so I can't help you there) or something like these from 3M:

These are great. Less bulk and heft than the gas carts, less resistance when inhaling, and protective of their filter elements.

They’re designed so that asbestos remediators can wear them into the decontamination shower, so rain isn’t going to faze them.

For a while the prices were jacked up, but now they’re back in line with the rest. 3M part № 7093 is the U.S. equivalent.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gyms are closed?

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
oh

Pooky has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Nov 3, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I still have a cough and a sore throat (much less severe than several days ago)

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Melbourne just had four days of zero new cases and zero deaths and the lockdown restrictions have been mostly lifted (and will be eased off even more in a few days) but we still had a huge anti-lockdown rally today.

The discontent over pandemic responses in general has been a great organizing opportunity for reactionaries all around the world. It's almost a key plank of the Republican party platform at this point. Kind of funny they're trying it in Australia, where the responses worked and everyone knows it.

Also I'm really glad NZ and Australia eliminated the virus again, it was depressing even for outsiders to see those outbreaks after people had gone through the first lockdowns.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm sorry, SKULL. Hope you feel better, and here's to avoiding long COVID

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

SKULL.GIF posted:

I am not sure I understand your result. It says both detected and not detected, or does "Your Value" = "Detected" mean you have a job?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

SKULL.GIF posted:

o7

best wishes for a speedy recovery

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
They make them very hard to read, but that's a positive result. It's also saying "normal value is 'not detected'", which must be a standard part of their test result form, so that you can determine whether you're iron is good or bad.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

On the plus side if you recover fully like most do you're immune now, probably, for a bit at least

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Platystemon posted:

These are great. Less bulk and heft than the gas carts, less resistance when inhaling, and protective of their filter elements.

They’re designed so that asbestos remediators can wear them into the decontamination shower, so rain isn’t going to faze them.

For a while the prices were jacked up, but now they’re back in line with the rest. 3M part № 7093 is the U.S. equivalent.

They really are, and anyone living in a rainy climate should consider these over the 2135's (the round particle filters). They are more expensive yes, but filters last a long time when they are unexposed like this and you aren't actually using them in an industrial setting.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What's the recommendation for attaching a surgical mask to the front of a 6000 series 3m respirator? There doesn't seem to be a way to ziptie it - im wondering about just making a surgical mask's earbands as tight as possible and looping those around the cartridges?

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

cant think of any other way to workout besides going to the gym or running in darkness. ah well, guess ill die

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i had forgotten how good the crack ping could be

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Standing in line in a covid Hotspot only seen one non masker at least.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

blatman posted:

there's an infinitely remote chance that because birx did a 180, president biden will actually do something resembling a covid response to set himself apart from tormp

keep in mind, "do something" will probably be some useless garbage like giving everyone a coupon for $5 off of pots and pans so they can bang them together to honor the applebees staff

“Dr. Birx, welcome to the Biden Administration”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

Standing in line in a covid Hotspot only seen one non masker at least.

fear will keep the COVID hotspots in line

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the only thing i can see Biden allowing is some sort of federal backstop for municipal bonds to keep them out of junk territory, so that cities could issue more to cover covid related tax shortfalls . theoretically with that backstop cities could lock down again (they wont)

and even then he's done so much austerity signalling it seems pretty unlikely

gradenko_2000 posted:

fear will keep the COVID hotspots in line

hey it works in the summer with no schools (in arizona and florida), just gotta get back to may!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

On the plus side if you recover fully like most do you're immune now, probably, for a bit at least

Lol is there a better time than right now to get a 3 month immunity???

I get to ride out the winter without any worries

2fat4sex
Apr 18, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Could be up to 6 months or more if that one study about lasting t cell immunity is true

Oh, I should mention for respirator crew: digikey has the 3m hf-802 back in stock: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/HF-802SD/11487716. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger, but I already bought an envomask and I really can't afford to keep blowing my budget on masks

2fat4sex has issued a correction as of 14:29 on Nov 3, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Does anyone have recent numbers of how many corona cases end up in the hospital? I remember the earliest Chinese numbers came out to something like 20%. As a comparison, though I'm aware that it's not the same number, about 3.5% of the cases in my country are hospitalized. Without thinking too hard about time periods and just looking at the change in overall cases I'd say 5% ish?
The CDC has this:

So around 5-10%?

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Gio posted:

the memory of birx that will forever be seared into my memory is her smiling and nodding as trump suggested they were exploring mainlining bleach and shoving UV lights up our rear end to cure covid. gently caress her.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol at using an "ignore list"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

thanks to jeffrey’s forums upgrade, I now have ‘coronavirus’ on my ignore list

thanks Jeff

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lock Him Up

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hoping your recovery keeps going well, I know several people who bounced back just fine from this, nasty as it can be.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's a great point, its gonna go absolutely apeshit this winter lmao

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

genericnick posted:

Does anyone have recent numbers of how many corona cases end up in the hospital? I remember the earliest Chinese numbers came out to something like 20%. As a comparison, though I'm aware that it's not the same number, about 3.5% of the cases in my country are hospitalized. Without thinking too hard about time periods and just looking at the change in overall cases I'd say 5% ish?
The CDC has this:

So around 5-10%?

You'd probably need to look at hospitalizations as a multiple of deaths to be honest. Like peak new hospitalizations vs peak deaths. Doing anything off cases is going to be problematic because testing has varied so much in space and time

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

gradenko_2000 posted:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah looking back at deaths vs hospitalizations maybe 4-5% hospitalization based on a 1.5% ifr?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Congratulations

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

thread going for herd immunity

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Ugh I thought too hard about this and broke my brain

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Google Butt posted:

i wonder what percentage of people truly have a mild case and recover 100%

It's a mystery, because instead of taking the incredible opportunity to conduct the greatest pandemic research study in human history, American government decided it'd be better to just pretend it doesn't exist and use it as a weapon against political opponents to own the libs.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Happy Thread posted:

How are some of you even in CSPAM? Like, how did you even find it. D&D is right over there

We'll help you remember this even after the election is over now that you've shown yourselves
i saw cspam drag a covid doc bc he’s voting biden. there are countless leftists who do far more actual on the ground organizing of workers voting for biden. bfd

it doesnt matter. voting right now doesnt really matter much right now. the thing that matters—the only thing that gets us out of this mess is mass organizing of workers along class lines. we’re not even in the nascent stages of that organization. the labor movement is moribund, we have no class consciousness.

i dont have much hope at all things can be turned around. im not doing anything to help. could i? should i? probably. one thing i do acknowledge, fully and wholeheartedly: posting not only doesnt matter, its probably making things worse.

who gives a drat who you vote for? “youre scum for voting biden!” lol ok, and what are you doing to foment revolution from your covid hole, comrade? its all performative virtue signaling nonsense—very lib mindset.

some cspammers are the other side of the coin to lib mindset brain rot. all performative, no action. (im not professing to be any better! i just acknowledge how powerless i am and that im doing nothing to make things better...)

this is all just posting. we all acknowledge how screwed we are. just sit back, chill, and laugh. :)

Serf
May 5, 2011

you probably shouldn't vote for a rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gio posted:

i saw cspam drag a covid doc bc he’s voting biden. there are countless leftists who do far more actual on the ground organizing of workers voting for biden. bfd

it doesnt matter. voting right now doesnt really matter much right now. the thing that matters—the only thing that gets us out of this mess is mass organizing of workers along class lines. we’re not even in the nascent stages of that organization. the labor movement is moribund, we have no class consciousness.

i dont have much hope at all things can be turned around. im not doing anything to help. could i? should i? probably. one thing i do acknowledge, fully and wholeheartedly: posting not only doesnt matter, its probably making things worse.

who gives a drat who you vote for? “youre scum for voting biden!” lol ok, and what are you doing to foment revolution from your covid hole, comrade? its all performative virtue signaling nonsense—very lib mindset.

some cspammers are the other side of the coin to lib mindset brain rot. all performative, no action. (im not professing to be any better! i just acknowledge how powerless i am and that im doing nothing to make things better...)

this is all just posting. we all acknowledge how screwed we are. just sit back, chill, and laugh. :)

nice meltdown

hope all the dead muslim kids as a result of Biden’s wars appreciate your declaration that they are subhuman scum who deserved it