Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
No seriously Dabi is 100% the best villain in this show. What a ludicrous last line. Its amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

No seriously Dabi is 100% the best villain in this show. What a ludicrous last line. Its amazing.

This. Dabi has real goals even if they are completely insane and selfish.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It was never going to be a satisfying twist after four years of it being telegraphed to the audience, but it was a hella satisfying development just because of the sheer sadistic glee that Dabi is portraying. He's basically gravedancing on top of Endeavor's career and that's hilariously douchebaggy of him. I love it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Dabi is giving me serious Ur-Quan vibes here. Like, you get where they're coming from, but that doesn't make them any less than a villain and menace that must be stopped.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm actually curious where Dabi goes from here. I would imagine he'll probably want to leave Endeavor alive to writhe in the ruins of his shattered reputation and career. I guess he'll want to kill Shoto to twist the knife and also get revenge on the "successful" one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GimmickMan posted:

It was never going to be a satisfying twist after four years of it being telegraphed to the audience, but it was a hella satisfying development just because of the sheer sadistic glee that Dabi is portraying. He's basically gravedancing on top of Endeavor's career and that's hilariously douchebaggy of him. I love it.

Also probably more impactful to hero society that the entire run of the Liberation Front

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Just because a twist is known doesn't make it a bad twist. The entire monologue was great.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dabi did some good work here, this was the perfect moment to absolutely crush Endeavour. And gently caress knows what the mother is going to do, but I'm guessing it will be horribly tragic, since she was very deliberately shown watching it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The MHA universe is channelling Nolans Batman wheras Dabi is Adam West.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

serious gaylord posted:

The MHA universe is channelling Nolans Batman wheras Dabi is Adam West.

This analogy makes zero sense

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
All these goobers trying to get in a character arc at the 11th hour.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MHA 290

Mangaplus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007929

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I think this would be really funny if it ended like every other plan Dabi has had

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jose posted:

I think this would be really funny if it ended like every other plan Dabi has had

He'll probably gloat about Hawks and mention luring him into killing Best Jeanist, only for BJ to show up.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I'm just thinking about all those news viewers who want to know more about Gigantomachia's path of destruction and are annoyed it got pre-empted so some dude can air out Endeavor's family drama.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Mountaineer posted:

I'm just thinking about all those news viewers who want to know more about Gigantomachia's path of destruction and are annoyed it got pre-empted so some dude can air out Endeavor's family drama.

"Man, this commercial sucks!"

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The revelation that he sent Starservant and Ending makes the Dabi is a failure meme all the better.

Skeptic: Sucks that High End and Starservant couldn't kill Endeavor, huh?
Dabi: ... yes. Trying to kill Endeavor was exactly what I was doing... By the way, I wonder if you could help me get this convict Ending some Quirk enhancer.
Skeptic: You think that'll be enough to help him kill Endeavor.
Dabi: Yes. Of course. Because that's definitely what I want to do. Kill Endeavor, hahaha.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Amazing how, for all the times I've disliked Dabi as a character, this chapter is absolutely incredible and watching him dance around with glee while Endeavor and Shoto are too shocked to do anything is just absolutely perfect.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder what Dabi's plan was before Endeavor took over as #1. Or was it just killing Shoto?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder what Dabi's plan was before Endeavor took over as #1. Or was it just killing Shoto?

Yeah, he says it in this chapter, he was going to kill Shoto after he became a full-fledged hero to maximize the impact of crushing Endeavor's lifelong work

When Endy became #1 he just shifted tactics, the goal was still the same.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Im not a fan of Dabi's tactics, but honestly endeavor kinda deserves this lol

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I just realized that back when Endeavor barely defeated the High End and Dabi was approaching to finish him, he was probably preparing that bottle of hair dye removal and rehearsing the speech, he maybe even had that video with Endeavors crimes ready somewhere, only to be completely cock-blocked by Mirko. :allears:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lt. Lizard posted:

I just realized that back when Endeavor barely defeated the High End and Dabi was approaching to finish him, he was probably preparing that bottle of hair dye removal and rehearsing the speech, he maybe even had that video with Endeavors crimes ready somewhere, only to be completely cock-blocked by Mirko. :allears:

I like the implication that Dabi carries the remover wherever he goes just in case.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Eustace posted:

Im not a fan of Dabi's tactics, but honestly endeavor kinda deserves this lol

well well, if it isn't the consequences of my etc etc

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Well at least it now makes sense why it took so long for him to say it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyaOYfpq9Fc

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

he maybe even had that video with Endeavors crimes ready somewhere

Probably not, I think the League's new buddies in the liberation army were pretty important in being able to get that out there

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The translator trivia points out that Gigantomachia starts shrinking a bit after he finally cashes Shigiraki and waits for another order. I wonder if this will be when Momo's anesthesia finally starts to take effect? He already seemed out of breath when he spoke, but that could just be him being tired from the run over.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Probably not, I think the League's new buddies in the liberation army were pretty important in being able to get that out there

Plus the video looks like it was filmed in the hotel where the Liberation Army was operating out of anyways.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope that if this is ever animated that they just have Dabi doing the Joker dance down Machia's back

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fabricated posted:

I hope that if this is ever animated that they just have Dabi doing the Joker dance down Machia's back

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

:perfect:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

How do we make pictures the thread title

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Spent the last few hours catching up on the last forty chapters or so of Vigilantes.

Holy poo poo.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/Rogue30384783/status/1325588644892086272?s=19

I don't think I ever had any particularly strong opinions on Dabi in the first place but gently caress it, Horikoshi planned all of this perfectly, and you should all read Caleb's chapter notes, which includes a section on every piece that was put in place for Dabi.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah when it's laid out like that Dabi's had a very consistently depicted plan and ideology from the start

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We all saw it coming a mile away but gently caress it was so good when it finally came.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Cannot wait to hear Hiro Shimono go loving ham on this in the anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Season 6 is gonna be bonkers