Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

RatHat posted:

Neither has been revealed but if you go by what their names mean(Fuyumi has the character for winter and Natsuo summer) then Fuyumi has an ice quirk and Natsuo a fire one.

And Shoto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's got the Hadoken, Shoryuken, and Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
From what I remember his name is literally Burn-Freeze

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And thus, Icyhot, FreezerBurn was born.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

RatHat posted:

It’s also about how Endeavor pushed him to become a hero despite his frail body.

No different to All Might giving Deku One for All.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

serious gaylord posted:

No different to All Might giving Deku One for All.

This is exactly where this plot line is going isn't it.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
That's very different. Deku wanted to be a hero already, and his grueling training was entirely voluntary.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New Vigilantes Chapter is out!.
The Dream Team comes together!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mountaineer posted:

That's very different. Deku wanted to be a hero already, and his grueling training was entirely voluntary.

This is true from our and Deku's perspective, but from an outside perspective it's not really so clear cut. All Might willingly gave a ludicrously dangerous superpower that is potentially catastrophic to its user to a child to mold that child into a successor. For the average person getting these revelations in-universe there's probably not much daylight between what Endeavor did and what All Might did in terms of result, given that Deku is currently lying on the ground in a pile of his own shattered limbs.

(You could also make a lot of arguments about how voluntary a child's decision to take on a life-long responsibility and burden like OfA can actually be, especially when that child's hero worship target personally offers that opportunity to them.)

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 13, 2020

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mountaineer posted:

And o was Dabi's for all we actually know until it went overboard. All Might gave the ultimate power in this universe to a boy so weak his body shatters every time he uses it.The difference with Deku is he had magic to fix his body when he tried to use all his power way too early. Who's to say that Recovery Girl/Eri couldn't have fixed Dabi if he had them available.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 13, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck doing the duck/rabbit season bit, but it's Mirko and Rappa arguing kicks and punches.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Considering how easily All Might adapted to All for One and how its power is always increasing , I think there's an argument that he genuinely didn't know that Deku would be exploding his arms every five minutes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hogama posted:

New Vigilantes Chapter is out!.
The Dream Team comes together!

Hell yeah, now this is a teamup I can get behind.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

There's the Dabi we shitpost about. :allears:

Best Jeanist being alive is pretty much the worst thing that could happen to him at this point, it basically undermines his whole video. All it takes is someone saying "if he lied about Best Jeanist, what else could he have lied about?" to cast doubt over his whole message.

Also if Best Jeanist is alive, then what the hell is Hawks even bring up him in that bag? Did Dabi even check if it was a real body?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Here’s a link to the chapter: https://ww6.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-291/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vigilantes is so loving good, guys.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I think the artist likes drawing the smug rabbit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Now at avatar size for all your avatar needs!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

Best Jeanist being alive is pretty much the worst thing that could happen to him at this point, it basically undermines his whole video. All it takes is someone saying "if he lied about Best Jeanist, what else could he have lied about?" to cast doubt over his whole message.

Also if Best Jeanist is alive, then what the hell is Hawks even bring up him in that bag? Did Dabi even check if it was a real body?

A bloody pair of designer jeans, maybe?

Why is she always so smug? Is this her real power?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 13, 2020

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Chapter 291

Let's see if I got this right.

Endeavour married Rei to have super-babies, but the first one, Touya turned out to have just fire, so they had a second one, who had just ice. Endeavour decided it was fine, and abandoned the whole eugenics-plan temporarily, because Touya had more powerful fire Quirk than he did, and he resolved to raise Touya to surpass himself and All-Might. Touya actually seemed to like the training at first based on this chapter. Then it turned out his body couldn't handle the power of his flames.

We're missing what happened next but based on previous flashbacks, I think what happened was that Endeavour decided that Toyua wouldn't be able to surpass All-Might, flipped his lid, forced Rei to have more babies, and once Shouto manifested his Quirk, he focused all of his efforts on him, neglecting all the other children. Then Touya goes on his own to his old training ground, there's an accident, and everyone thinks he died. Was he trying to master his powers, to prove dad wrong, to show that he could become a worthy successor?

Anyways, goddamn this was a chapter.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Warden posted:

Chapter 291

Endeavour married Rei to have super-babies, but the first one, Touya turned out to have just fire, so they had a second one, who had just ice. Endeavour decided it was fine, and abandoned the whole eugenics-plan temporarily, because Touya had more powerful fire Quirk than he did, and he resolved to raise Touya to surpass himself and All-Might. Touya actually seemed to like the training at first based on this chapter. Then it turned out his body couldn't handle the power of his flames.

We're missing what happened next but based on previous flashbacks, I think what happened was that Endeavour decided that Toyua wouldn't be able to surpass All-Might, flipped his lid, forced Rei to have more babies, and once Shouto manifested his Quirk, he focused all of his efforts on him, neglecting all the other children. Then Touya goes on his own to his old training ground, there's an accident, and everyone thinks he died. Was he trying to master his powers, to prove dad wrong, to show that he could become a worthy successor?

Yeah, I'm assuming that his reaction to Touya burning himself is basically the moment where he decided his son wasn't up to the task.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Smugs Bunny

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

https://youtu.be/O2djHEIxPVs

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jeanist being alive doesn't really torpedo Dabi's whole thing- because even if Hawks gave him a fake body uh...there's still the footage where he 100% absolutely murdered a terrified and crying twice by stabbing him to death from behind as he crawled away, and while I wouldn't give a poo poo the MHA-verse seems to care if your parents are villains.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Warden posted:

Chapter 291

Seems correct, yeah. Biggest question now is who saved Touya? Is it more AfO fuckery? Was he saved by the government and turned into an agent?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

OK so I figured that best jeanist would just have the plane with his wire bundle flying around and he'd do some crazy poo poo with that

i did not expect him to air drop with like 8 full wire bundles into the battlefield controlling all of them

best jeanist.......is good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

Jeanist being alive doesn't really torpedo Dabi's whole thing- because even if Hawks gave him a fake body uh...there's still the footage where he 100% absolutely murdered a terrified and crying twice by stabbing him to death from behind as he crawled away, and while I wouldn't give a poo poo the MHA-verse seems to care if your parents are villains.

Lol come on man he states in the chapter itself he's not trustworthy and one of his biggest claims got proven to be a lie

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It kind of depends how sympathetic people would be towards a villain like Twice dying, especial after the villain organization he belonged to wrecked half the country.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think the chapter is pretty clear about how people are reacting to this information. People were freaking out before Dabi talks about how Hawks killed Jeanist so I don't think that point being wrong is going to invalidate his whole spiel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Folks were already panicking and emotional, yeah. They're not going to be logically thinking "oh, he must have lied about everything else, too", they're going to be thinking "what the gently caress what the gently caress"

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
If this was set in the US, Hawks would be invited to be a guest speaker at the next republican national convention and Andy Ngo would start a gofundme to cover his hospital bills

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Seeing a hero run a guy through in an explicit and uncensored video is definitely the kind of thing that would leave an impact on a viewer.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Worth consideration also that even if you believe that Hawks was 100% correct and justified in handling Twice the way he did, MHA’s society has spent most of a generation seeing heroism handled in the style of All Might, overwhelming power that manages to completely stop villains while also stopping short of killing them - seeing the way the sausage gets made like this is still entirely beyond the ken of what this world expects to see when they think “one of the top heroes in the country.”

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Er, is what's happening around Machia and Shigeraki even on air at the moment? Best Jeanist can be as alive as he wants, but I don't think there's a broadcast of what's actually going on right now so him showing up does nothing to contradict the pre-recorded video Dabi's airing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Er, is what's happening around Machia and Shigeraki even on air at the moment?

Nope! Best case, he can show up in public LATER (assuming he's not killed now) and maybe try to alleviate the damage Dabi has caused, but even then it'll have had time to set in.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Worth consideration also that even if you believe that Hawks was 100% correct and justified in handling Twice the way he did, MHA’s society has spent most of a generation seeing heroism handled in the style of All Might, overwhelming power that manages to completely stop villains while also stopping short of killing them - seeing the way the sausage gets made like this is still entirely beyond the ken of what this world expects to see when they think “one of the top heroes in the country.”

It doesn't help that Twice was clearly trying to run away from Hawks, tears in his eyes, rather than attack him. Hawks went for the kill on someone who was fleeing; you could try to argue that Twice is such a massive threat that he could not be allowed to escape, but it looks really bad for him to be literally and figuratively (since Dabi also explained that Hawks was infiltrating them) stabbing someone in the back when that person isn't even being aggressive towards him, plus the whole "too dangerous to be allowed to live" thing might not go over well with people who also have dealt with prejudice over having dangerous or scary quirks, to the point that I think you'd just make your case worse if you tried. It just looks awful in a way that's hard to sell to a population that's not really bloodthirsty.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 14, 2020

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Roland Jones posted:

It doesn't help that Twice was clearly trying to run away from Hawks, tears in his eyes, rather than attack him. Hawks went for the kill on someone who was fleeing; you could try to argue that Twice is such a massive threat that he could not be allowed to escape, but it looks really bad for him to be literally and figuratively (since Dabi also explained that Hawks was infiltrating them) stabbing someone in the back when that person isn't even being aggressive towards him, plus the whole "too dangerous to be allowed to live" thing might not go over well with people who also have dealt with prejudice over having dangerous or scary quirks, to the point that I think you'd just make your case worse if you tried. It just looks awful in a way that's hard to sell to a population that's not really bloodthirsty.

Based on the edit alone, yeah, he's fleeing Hawks. But we have the context to know he was running toward the rest of the battle to join it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

With Best Jeanist alive, I think what we're actually going to end up with is a massively divided population between people upset with the hero system for failing to protect them and because of the actions of Endeavor and Hawks, and people who think the villains are just full of lies and that Twice deserved it. Again, you have a villain army rampaging through the country right now hurting and killing lots of innocent people, some people might not be that sympathetic towards one of their members getting killed by Hawks, even if he was running in fear. Still a pretty bad situation all around though.

Also, if he makes it out of this alive, Best Jeanist is probably going to be the new #1 hero for a while.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Based on the edit alone, yeah, he's fleeing Hawks. But we have the context to know he was running toward the rest of the battle to join it.
Where else is he supposed to run? Hawks literally cut his muscles and bones so he could barely escape- this is in the text of the chapter. Hawks stabbed a terrified, mostly incapacitated guy in the back as he was desperately trying to get away from him.