Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

legooolas posted:

In unrelated news, the case rate is highest among school and university age groups! :doh:

Liar! Schools are clearly not a risk area and can stay open.
Sincerely,
German and US government officials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

This stupid MAGA rally is going to get us locked down. Assholes.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

pro starcraft loser posted:

Schools around here have been closed all school year. They were thinking about reopening around mid October but walked back on that pretty quick. I'm just curious if any state had the first quarter closed then opened the second.

Some districts in johnson county KS did this, like Olathe and maybe some of the OP ones, I believe. Others around KC started up first quarter. Most of the rest of the state has been in person since first quarter.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

This stupid MAGA rally is going to get us locked down. Assholes.
He’s probably not going to stop holding rallies for the foreseeable future either, especially if he plans to run again in 2024, so that’s awesome.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

He’s probably not going to stop holding rallies for the foreseeable future either, especially if he plans to run again in 2024, so that’s awesome.

There's like 50k chuds in DC in close proximity to one another and of course aren't wearing masks.

stump collector posted:

Some districts in johnson county KS did this, like Olathe and maybe some of the OP ones, I believe. Others around KC started up first quarter. Most of the rest of the state has been in person since first quarter.

What a waste of time and effort.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

There's like 50k chuds in DC in close proximity to one another and of course aren't wearing masks.
Oh I know. I meant that in addition to this superspreader event, he will personally be holding many more because he will collapse into a psychological black hole without his rallies.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He kills thirty‐eight people every time he holds a rally.

And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

xtal posted:

It's really too bad that the United States sowed doubt among their population by giving them syphilis presented as vaccines for 40 entire years. What's that r word for what you do after you sow?

In this case it's 'grim reap' what you sow

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Zugzwang posted:

Oh I know. I meant that in addition to this superspreader event, he will personally be holding many more because he will collapse into a psychological black hole without his rallies.

The downside is its not his rally. His idiots are doing this on their own.

Judging by the vids of the 'convoys' and people at airports hopefully most aren't from around here and gently caress off quickly.

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

The downside is its not his rally. His idiots are doing this on their own.

Judging by the vids of the 'convoys' and people at airports hopefully most aren't from around here and gently caress off quickly.

So basically like sturgis

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

xtal posted:

What's that r word for what you do after you sow?

Republican

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My friend got 2 memo within 2 weeks at work saying someone covid positive was inside their mall wandering around. He works at a cell phone kiosk and was there both known dates so he's not having a great time.

That mall is a 5 minute drive from my house and we get our curbside pickup from the Walmart it's attached to. Woot. I won't be setting foot inside there for a while.

Here's the real fun part: Somewhere between 60-70% of cases here are from unknown origins and can't be traced back to where they were exposed :toot: even though I still see people arguing that asymptomatic spread is a conspiracy and a myth lolol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The US just passed a quarter million reported* coronavirus deaths

* Actual number of coronavirus deaths is probably 200,000 higher according to the CDC excess deaths 2020 page

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But they don't hide deaths in first world countries!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Colonel Cancer posted:

But they don't hide deaths in first world countries!

Yeah but America is a developing nation

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Faffel posted:

It's not hiding if you lack the appropriate infrastructure to even keep track of it all.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Faffel posted:

Development in reverse is still development, I guess.

naem
May 29, 2011

so we’ll see hit a half million for sure, will we cross a million?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

naem posted:

so we’ll see hit a half million for sure, will we cross a million?

im thinking we'll be lucky to stay below 10 million

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
America is just being modest. They don't want other countries to feel bad that US OF A is once again number one. Or going to be number one!!!!!!! U S A! U S A! U S A!!!!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/mytime2vote/status/1327672490630508547

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1327670155355312130

"We tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Assuming texas laws will prevent those inmates from ever working in the mortuary industry after release

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

stump collector posted:

im thinking we'll be lucky to stay below 10 million

That would be way high even if 100% of your people got infected - that would be a case fatality rate of 3.28% compared to the ~2% we're seeing (with the real rate being much lower because we're still definitely not detecting anything close to 100% of cases).

Mind you if you factor in other deaths caused by health system overload then it wouldn't be surprising to see it going past the 1.5-2 million deaths you get if you scale up the 1918 flu pandemic to the modern US population.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If we're lucky, all the reports about Covid-related impotence turn out to be a common result of Covid-19 and the American problem will solve itself, with time.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That would be way high even if 100% of your people got infected - that would be a case fatality rate of 3.28% compared to the ~2% we're seeing (with the real rate being much lower because we're still definitely not detecting anything close to 100% of cases).

Mind you if you factor in other deaths caused by health system overload then it wouldn't be surprising to see it going past the 1.5-2 million deaths you get if you scale up the 1918 flu pandemic to the modern US population.
You can get reinfected after 3 months, so in a year you could do 400%

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stack the bodies in the courthouse.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Assuming texas laws will prevent those inmates from ever working in the mortuary industry after release

Release? How are the CEOs of private prisons suppose to afford a new boat with that attitude?

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

If we're lucky, all the reports about Covid-related impotence turn out to be a common result of Covid-19 and the American problem will solve itself, with time.

I can't wait to live in Children of Men

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

shovelbum posted:

You can get reinfected after 3 months, so in a year you could do 400%

Maybe it'll just setting in to a stable 20% positivity yielding ~5k dead a day, forever!

Also, first 100k day in the US was Oct 31 - sometime next week we'll start to see the 21 day average mortality start to show up in the daily death counts. Crazy that todays 184K new cases could make for a 5k death day by the end of the first week of December..

Blitter fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 15, 2020

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Fame Douglas posted:

Have there been many reports of this? I saw a speculative article ages ago by some Chinese guy who pointed out that ACE2 receptors were stored in the balls and this could potentially lead to the balls getting hosed up by covid, but I haven't seen anything since.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1327705116619759617

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
double post!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Platystemon posted:

Stack the bodies in the courthouse.

lovely thing is the local county judge keeps trying to stop the spread but anytime they pass an ordinance the texas attorney general sues and gets the local order overturned.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sounds exactly like my governor and the WI GOP.

I was at the ER today and asked the nurse if there were any covid patients there. He said, "Do you want me to tell you the truth... ooorrrrrr?"

:patriot:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Republicans are trying to ignore dead bodies as much as they’re trying to ignore ballots.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This really was the perfect storm of poo poo, to have a pandemic come through the US with gently caress face in charge, ready to let it get as bad as possible.

rbk
Nov 2, 2005

I really believe there are things nobody would see if I didn't photograph them.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Sounds exactly like my governor and the WI GOP.

I was at the ER today and asked the nurse if there were any covid patients there. He said, "Do you want me to tell you the truth... ooorrrrrr?"

:patriot:

My sister is a nurse in MN and her ward was never meant for COVID, but there are no more ICUs so they have a section now for the COVID patients who are dying because they can’t get intubated. I’m just sitting around in Nebraska waiting for poo poo to explode because our governor is pro-doorknob licking.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zil posted:

lovely thing is the local county judge keeps trying to stop the spread but anytime they pass an ordinance the texas attorney general sues and gets the local order overturned.
The Texas AG who has been under indictment for....how long now? Years?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/JodiDoering/status/1327771329555292162
https://twitter.com/JodiDoering/status/1327771331920883714

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

They had done that earlier this year. The hospital was lucky to not need it... until now.