Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So I’m guessing the reason we didn’t see her is due to taking care of Holly most of the time? Between Kyo/Kei and Mitsuba I’m guessing that these seemingly forgotten characters are just dropped but still gonna appear later. Looking forward to a Karera reveal in 80 chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Are we still in a flashback? The timer has been counting down to the harvest of the new Rokakaka at the hospital, not the one Yasuho has, right? When was the last time we got an update on that timer? The "current" state where nobody knew Norisuke was dead and Joshu still had both arms was "13 minutes before the harvest of the new Rokakaka".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

somepartsareme posted:

Are we still in a flashback? The timer has been counting down to the harvest of the new Rokakaka at the hospital, not the one Yasuho has, right? When was the last time we got an update on that timer? The "current" state where nobody knew Norisuke was dead and Joshu still had both arms was "13 minutes before the harvest of the new Rokakaka".

I’ve got no loving idea. The timeline is very confusing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

somepartsareme posted:

Unless I'm really misremembering it's about an hour before the harvest

rko
Jul 12, 2017
Is it possible that the interaction of Wonder Of U and Born This Way could somehow reverse the flow of calamity and bring everybody back somehow? That would explain why the Higashikatas are so calm in the flash-forward, anyway—though if the patriarch’s missing arm is just how Joshu gets his back that wouldn’t work? Huh.

Big fan of all the developments in recent chapters—I love to see a part come together, and it feels like that’s what we’re getting here.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

goblin week posted:

I'm sad we didn't get to see Small Paisley Park :(

We saw some of it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

We saw some of it

I also think there was a shot of its hand in one small panel

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

overmind2000 posted:

We saw some of it

So what was the significance of the bite on her ankle back in the early chapters?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

So what was the significance of the bite on her ankle back in the early chapters?

Before the bite her stand was kind of awakened and after the bite it was fully awakened? Maybe?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Technowolf posted:

I also think there was a shot of its hand in one small panel

How the hell did I miss that

Also it's loving hilarious that in terms of Stands manifesting when their user is in danger it took Jobin nearly getting lit on fire to unlock Speed King whereas here Yasuho REALLY doesn't want to go to summer camp

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 19, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I imagine there was some amount of Yashuo always being able to access Paisley Park but because her life was never in danger it just kinda manifested as "huh that kid's really good at googling things"

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Before the bite her stand was kind of awakened and after the bite it was fully awakened? Maybe?
araki forgot

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Assuming Araki didn't forget/change his mind it was probably just a red herring.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If my colleagues are any indicator, being even basic bitch level at google-fu is a genuine superpower to 99% of people

Genuinely wish they'd just seach "EXCEL COPY WITHOUT FORMATTING" for once in their lives instead of dragging me into a feckin zoom call for 5 minutes to show them the magic of Paste Special

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also I know Tooru is gross but jeeze, grooming Yasuho?

I wish Araki would lay off the sexual violence and predatory danger for Yasuho because drat

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is Part 8 any closer to ending yet?

It seems like it’s been going on forever.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I. M. Gei posted:

Is Part 8 any closer to ending yet?

It seems like it’s been going on forever.

*pounding table* ten more years! ten more years!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a lot of this very much comes off like final battle territory, or somewhere thereabouts. we know the main antagonist and gamemaster anthony (araki) seems to be calling in everyone for a big party

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We've legit been having this conversation for 5 years.

Damo felt like the big boss before he wasn't.
As did Jobin (who still might be) and Cato (who still might be) or Toru (who might actually be and is leading the argument but also he's going to get loving OWNED by a motorbike).

Would be amazed if it wasn't the longest part by page count by now.

e: quick google suggests that jojolion overtook steel ball run as longest part in either chapter 100 or 101 (this month's was 102), i think 100, i just really suck at math and don't want to put effort into figuring that out

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 19, 2020

rko
Jul 12, 2017
We know the main antagonist?

e: I’d put money on it not being Tooru. He’s too connected to Yasuho now—even if it’s death by motorcycle, she’s the one that just pulled the trigger, following a flashback that shows they’ve been connected since she was a child.

It’s all going to come back to the Higashikata family and their internal struggle, and now that Kei came back, I feel pretty confident we haven’t seen the last of Caato, either. The part isn’t going to end until they sort out the family drama, and given that they’re about to get rid of everyone in their way of controlling the rokakaka, I suspect that’s up next.

There’s no way this is over in 2021, even. I bet it’ll be 2023 before it ends at the earliest, and that’s assuming we’re seeing the equivalent of big penultimate sequences like Green Day, Heavy Weather, and the Part 4 anime’s July 15 (Thursday) episodes. It’s also a bit like the way the gang gets split up when Jotaro & Co. arrive at Dio’s place.

rko fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 19, 2020

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We don't.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

rko posted:

The friends we made along the way.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm pretty sure it's the guy who has literally been impersonating the head doctor and running the black market rokakaka business unless araki is going to pull out cato soon or something, and in that case he's going to have to do it soon

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rko posted:

Probably not Jobin, Tooru and Joshu have both said that he's dead

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He might be dead, 100% straight dead.

He's also hanging out with Tsurugi, the dude who can make inanimate objects look like people. Or other things look like people.
Maybe they killed one of his beetles but they're seeing dead Jobin 'cos Tsurugi PMK'd it.

In Cato's favour, we don't know what her stand does at all.
In Jobin's favour, we know it can do more than it did.

I'd agree Toru is the front runner but it's definitely not confirmed by any stretch.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 19, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The main antagonist wasn't even properly introduced in part 4 until about halfway through, based on that I'd estimate we're at around the middle of or close to the end of the 2nd act.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
e: ^^^ I know that Japanese literature has its own series of multi-act-structure stuff going on, but I’d go with Act 4 of 5 rather than 2 of 3 here. It’s definitely the turn into the finale, and I suspect that immediately after Tooru dies, we’re going to find out what the deal is. I personally think there is no possible way Tooru is going to end up being the main villain though, and it would be the sourest possible note Araki could end the part on.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty sure it's the guy who has literally been impersonating the head doctor and running the black market rokakaka business unless araki is going to pull out cato soon or something, and in that case he's going to have to do it soon

We’re one motorcycle ride away from finding out, in any case. I’d bet money on her showing up for the grand finale though.

(Also, I’m swayed by the point that she is the only Higashikata family member who could’ve smuggled in the original rock humans that Kira noticed in an earlier flashback; Jobin clearly didn’t know about them until significantly later. If she just showed up to be a dick to her kids and ex-husband, it would be insane.)

overmind2000 posted:

Probably not Jobin, Tooru and Joshu have both said that he's dead

I feel like Jojo operates under strict “show me the corpse” rules so I’ll believe it when I see it. And even then we’re about to have a bizarre collision of stands that will almost have to include the first big clue as to why the spin has made its return. After all, causality is one of those things that gets a little fucky when you put the right spin on things.

rko fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 19, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

In Cato's favour, we don't know what her stand does at all.

We know it can at least trap and recall objects from between playing cards.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Patware posted:

I’d say it’s 99% likely there is more to it than that, especially since it harkens back to the way D4C works.

(Though this chapter pretty well debunked an amusing theory I heard, that the reason Kei disappeared from the family photo was because Caato had trapped her between cards, which causes something to be treated as though it had never existed at all. Still a neat idea, but firmly trashed now. Kei’s just been taking care of her mom, bless her.)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The main antagonist wasn't even properly introduced in part 4 until about halfway through, based on that I'd estimate we're at around the middle of or close to the end of the 2nd act.

Odd-numbered parts tend to have villains whose stand powers are mysteries that aren't fully revealed until actively fighting them, and a large chunk of the fight is figuring out how they work in the first place. Even-numbered parts' villains tend to have stand powers that are revealed and established comparatively early, and the "puzzle" of the final fights is more figuring out how to overcome the obvious power.

Granted there haven't been enough parts to really say this is a "pattern" - it could be a coincidence. However it also makes sense in that Araki likes to change things up every other part - odd-parts tend to be about traveling across a large area, while even-parts tend to be confined to a single general area or location to explore.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Patware posted:

Good point yeah, totally forgot about that.

Araki bring her back you coward

but dont be pervy anymore too

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Caato, seeing that the latest of her Fuckboy Army has failed: ...Fine. I'll do it myself.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

rko posted:

I personally think there is no possible way Tooru is going to end up being the main villain though, and it would be the sourest possible note Araki could end the part on.
After this chapter I doubt it, too, mostly because we now know for a fact what Tooru's motivation is: He has set this whole long race for the New Rokakaka in motion because he wants to... sell it to some random rich people for fat rolls of cash. Which is admittedly a motivation that fits his character, but it's not really Jojo's-main-villain material, especially with the whole quasi-mythic importance implied for the New Rokakaka.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rko posted:

I’d say it’s 99% likely there is more to it than that, especially since it harkens back to the way D4C works.

(Though this chapter pretty well debunked an amusing theory I heard, that the reason Kei disappeared from the family photo was because Caato had trapped her between cards, which causes something to be treated as though it had never existed at all. Still a neat idea, but firmly trashed now. Kei’s just been taking care of her mom, bless her.)

It's still possible, we see the family photo after everything has apparently went down and has been resolved, so Kei could be on her way to getting wiped from existence. Although I still got money on Paper Moon King fuckery.

Funky Valentine posted:

Caato, seeing that the latest of her Fuckboy Army has failed: ...Fine. I'll do it myself.

It's gonna turn out Caato has been at the house this whole time. She hasn't done anything yet because she's still making drinks after Jobin blew up Norisuke.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Still betting on Jobin being the main villain in the end, after receiving some sort of endgame-upgrade from Caato. Perhaps she even uses the new rokakaka to heal Jobin, giving up her life in the process, which also gives Speed King a sick-nasty upgrade. Also turning Jobin into the ultimate momma boy he was always meant to be.

I feel like there's just way too much investment gone into Jobin. He's done abhorrent poo poo out of sheer entitlement, and he keeps digging deeper. He's too far gone to be a good guy, and he really doesn't feel like an evil rival. We're looking at main villain material.

All he's missing is that final power upgrade.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's definitely room somewhere for something big to happen at this point. it just needs to actually, like, occur.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=657_DXOOhcQ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't like how part 4 gets brought out as an example of the main villain being unknown until halfway through as an example when it's the outlier. Phantom Blood was Dio from the beginning, Battle Tendency was just Straights and then Santana (iirc there is some jump famicom game that at the time had a Battle Tendency portion where Santana was treated as the major antagonist) but the Pillar Men were pretty clearly the main antagonists once they were introduced, Stardust Crusaders was Dio again, part 4 had a major antagonist through Akira until Kira was introduced halfway through, Vento Aureo made it clear that Giorno wanted to overthrow the boss though who exactly the boss was was kept in the dark for most of it with his stand revealed about halfway through, Stone Ocean had Pucci introduced early on and as one of participants in the first fight of that part, and Steel Ball Run had Funny Valentine early on as well even though he was still in fatmode.

Basically, it wouldn't be out of the norm for JoJolion's main antagonist to be someone we've already seen and it wouldn't be out of the norm for them to be someone they've already fought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I feel like we need more Stand shenanigans from the final boss for Araki to be satisfied