Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of Santana you think it's a coincidence that the new rokakaka seems to work like Santana absorbing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Somewhere, in that place where the rokakaka grows, deep beneath the roots:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Torquemadras posted:

Still betting on Jobin being the main villain in the end, after receiving some sort of endgame-upgrade from Caato. Perhaps she even uses the new rokakaka to heal Jobin, giving up her life in the process, which also gives Speed King a sick-nasty upgrade. Also turning Jobin into the ultimate momma boy he was always meant to be.

for some reason the coin didn't drop that obviously the final boss is going to get a rokakaka powerup. like obviously that's what's going to happen, for duality's sake it has to be another fused person with a fused stand to go against gappy

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't like how part 4 gets brought out as an example of the main villain being unknown until halfway through as an example when it's the outlier.

Also "halfway through" was a year and a half.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Props to Yasuho for finding a style she likes at the age of 10 and just sticking with it ever since.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Patware posted:

for some reason the coin didn't drop that obviously the final boss is going to get a rokakaka powerup. like obviously that's what's going to happen, for duality's sake it has to be another fused person with a fused stand to go against gappy

*bangs on table* King-Crim-son! King-Crim-son!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I really, really want to see how Born This Way interacts with Wonder of U.

Tooru said that the act of pursuing directs the calamity towards the pursuer: by causing bad luck and strengthening the impact of that misfortune to a ridiculous degree. This gets worse the closer you get to the stand or Tooru himself; Mamezuku got killed immediately when he was just millimeters away from knifing Wonder of U. If what Tooru says is correct, seeing his face directly while within the calamity would mean instant death, too.

So what happens if you have a stand that pursues forever?

Does this mean the kill order of Wonder of U would be "stuck" on Born This Way, unable to target anybody else also pursuing Tooru? And what about the kill order itself - would it target Kei, or the stand doing the pursuing automatically? And if it targets the stand: would the calamity even have any effect at all, since only stands can hit other stands? Or does the misfortune strenghtened by Wonder of U (like falling rain, etc.) count as stand attack?

Are automatic pursuit stands the critical weakness of Wonder of U? :aaa:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Cool Giorno is coming to Jump Force

https://youtu.be/4Q38mZeyLfo?t=290

Not sure how this game is still getting DLC.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Torquemadras posted:

Are automatic pursuit stands the critical weakness of Wonder of U? :aaa:

If so, Tooru really picked the wrong loving Morioh to set up shop in.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've been hoping for a while now that Tooru just gets his poo poo completely wrecked by a stand on a motorcycle and it looks like my dream's about to come true

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

One thing from this chapter that I thought was interesting is that Wonder of U can change its appearance to various people, and that there was an actual original head doctor that he’s impersonating.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey does Soft & Wet shoot bubbles at opponents or do the bubble track them down.

What I'm getting at here is could this end with Tooru being forever pursued by a biker and a bubble?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey does Soft & Wet shoot bubbles at opponents or do the bubble track them down.

What I'm getting at here is could this end with Tooru being forever pursued by a biker and a bubble?

Biker IN a bubble. Like a big hamster ball.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I seriously need to see Josuke's bubbles turn into Sheer Heart Attack at least once before the part ends.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

at some point a part of johnny and/or jesus is going to get uprooted from under the tree or be found inside of gappy

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

at some point a part of johnny and/or jesus is going to get uprooted from under the tree or be found inside of gappy

"Josuke, Kira actually had no testicles"
"But... but I have four now. Where could I have gotten-"
"Josuke"
"Yes"
"JOSUKE, YOU HAVE JESUS' BALLS"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

"Josuke, Kira actually had no testicles"
"But... but I have four now. Where could I have gotten-"
"Josuke"
"Yes"
"JOSUKE, YOU HAVE JESUS' BALLS"

1 from Kira, 1 from Josefumi, 1 from Johnny, and 1 from Jesus

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Arzaac posted:

I've been hoping for a while now that Tooru just gets his poo poo completely wrecked by a stand on a motorcycle and it looks like my dream's about to come true

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Joshuu keeps being the biggest scumbag and eating poo poo and I love it. I'm also pleasantly surprised that Ms. Nijimura is making a comeback.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

https://twitter.com/RadiantAeonstar/status/1330343756520968193?s=19

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

the Tao of Trouble

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is a real 'sticky situation'

do you understand?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The whirlwind of whoops

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

he's just so perfectly strange

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Araki talks like one of his own characters.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Araki, slowly contorting himself out from under your car: Do you know...what the [second shortest] mountain in Japan is...?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

he's just so perfectly strange
He is just an odd guy. I remember hearing something like if there was a murder around where he lived, his grandma or aunt or something would call and see if it was him.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 25, 2020

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

he's kinda like the insanely suspicious psych profiler serial killer in a detective story, except he doesn't actually kill people and just weirds people out as a hobby

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

This is an all-timer author's note.

The concept of everyone agreeing to destroy Mt. Kita just to make it shorter than the more aesthetically pleasing Fuji. Perfection.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jojo is biographical, after all.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

he's right

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Yoshikage Kita

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RatHat posted:

I still want Tooru to be a red herring but it doesn't seem likely at this point. He's definitely connected to the head doctor and the rock humans somehow, maybe he even IS the head doctor and the old man is his stand or something.

:golfclap:

I've been rereading the thread and I'm pretty sure this is the first time someone figured out what was up with the Head Doctor

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The deep lore from Araki's interviews is so beautiful

quote:

My doubt over supernatural powers helped me come up with Stands. I doubt such powers like, "Just think hard enough and things will begin to move." I don't see anything? How can you say your "willpower" moved things? I wanted something visible that could explain these powers. For example, if a person is in the dark and something moves, you can't really see what's happening. But, if something visible pops out from the person and actually touches things and moves them, then you'd say, "Oh, I see!" Stands are proof of those superpowers, basically my way of explaining how these invisible powers work. Well, they're kind of like "pseudo" proof, but they still work as an explanation (laugh).

I called it a "stand" after "light stands," the type that sit beside your bed in a "looming" manner when you read.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i stopped following jojolion ages ago whats its status now? like maybe 20 chapters in if that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Jose posted:

i stopped following jojolion ages ago whats its status now? like maybe 20 chapters in if that

we're probably at the fakeout main villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jose posted:

Everyone's getting the poo poo kicked out of them by an Elvis song so Yausho is calling in a motorcycle to fix everything.