Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

He was presumably demon for a good while and at the time of his disappearance - in every flashback he's got the horns and ears and is also 10 feet tall and stuff. Previously human is an interesting idea, though...

Somewhat related to the subject, I like that Iruma kept his painted nails from the music festival. He's blending in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Love Trio

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Poltergrift posted:

While we're on the subject of Ali, considering the Legendary Leaf was set up to find the least demonic demon and everyone keeps talking about how Iruma and Dercila are similar, what odds are we putting on Dercila being human/formerly human, now a weird ring spirit?

Isn’t it just an iffy translation of Alucard and Dracula? I assumed vampire.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
That makes sense if he's a former human. The closest Goetia name is Decarabia.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I don't remember, did they reference King Solomon at some point?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't remember, did they reference King Solomon at some point?

I definitely recall a Ring of Solomon being mentioned at one point.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Together with a Friend

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

amigolupus posted:

This was the previous chapter, but whenever Kirio shows up, I just let out a deep sigh and wish this nerd stops derailing the plot so we could go back to what really matters: When would Iruma and Amelie go on their next date?

i want to cycle around to note that without characters like kirio showing up to cause tension you don't get the full emotional impacts of things like this chapter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
All these updates are really nice.

RE: the Delkira conversation. I think he's a demon but one that's well traveled and has obviously been to the human world given things like the cherry blossom surprise in the Harvest Festival.

Patware posted:

i want to cycle around to note that without characters like kirio showing up to cause tension you don't get the full emotional impacts of things like this chapter
That's my feeling as well. Kirio is necessary to give an antagonist to Iruma that's on his level. Someone like Baal feels more like an opponent for Sullivan at the end of the day given he's older and more powerful. Kirio however can show up and stir the pot of Iruma's life like he has with taunting Alice and that not only is a part of the story pushing forward the Baal Sub-plot (since Amduscias was also recruited to his side) but yeah, gives us this chapter of bromance. This is also the 2nd time in the story where he's actually appeared to do anything. The previous two times he's just in the background being horny for Iruma.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Iruma's demon harem is going swimmingly.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I do hope Iruma never becomes some sort of Shonen protagonist with his powerups. Sure his powers do improve and they exist in the plot to help his friends, but it feels way more thematically appropriate for a few of the people around him to become a metaphorical power house for bad guy beat downs while Iruma (and Clara) remain the adorable support roles.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Nemo2342 posted:

I definitely recall a Ring of Solomon being mentioned at one point.

Made my friend read Iruma and he sent this: it's from the demon king prophecy!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

M_Gargantua posted:

I do hope Iruma never becomes some sort of Shonen protagonist with his powerups. Sure his powers do improve and they exist in the plot to help his friends, but it feels way more thematically appropriate for a few of the people around him to become a metaphorical power house for bad guy beat downs while Iruma (and Clara) remain the adorable support roles.

Iruma has already done some fairly shonen things and probably will do more in the future, especially since his ring buddy is getting narrative focus again, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. The manga has been one of the better ones I've ever seen about spreading the spotlight around to the side cast quite equitably. You could make a strong argument that Amelie got the most impressive big hero moment of Walter Park, for example.

The author seems very invested in everyone from the Misfits(and Amelie) being really important and useful even if Iruma is the focus.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When is Iruma going on another date with Ameri and why is it not every chapter?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

chumbler posted:

The raws (or Chinese translations on mangadex if you prefer) answer the first question and the second question is the problem with having a harem.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm not sure about the translation's use of the term 'soulmates", since it's a term that you usually see in romance stories. I get the feeling it's supposed to be more like best friends/besties.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

amigolupus posted:

I'm not sure about the translation's use of the term 'soulmates", since it's a term that you usually see in romance stories. I get the feeling it's supposed to be more like best friends/besties.
just hanging out, with my friend. I'm super nervous cuz it's just the two of us. He just called me his soulmate, he must really think of me as a friend. Why does my heart hurt?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

amigolupus posted:

I'm not sure about the translation's use of the term 'soulmates", since it's a term that you usually see in romance stories.

you're right

It is.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
It seems like the word was "shinyuu", judging by the extra copy of that page the scanlators put in. Anyone here understand japanese well enough to weigh in on that translation?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Soulmates Meeting

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Jesus they're just pumping these translations out.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Yeah, holy crap. I guess they're trying to catch up to the raws? Whatever the case, godspeed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A jargogle posted:

It seems like the word was "shinyuu", judging by the extra copy of that page the scanlators put in. Anyone here understand japanese well enough to weigh in on that translation?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E8%A6%AA%E5%8F%8B

1. close friend, bosom buddy
2. crony, chum

Just guys being allies

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

We just don't have a good word for deep friendships.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
a reminder that this manga takes place in a Disgaea-like universe where good is bad and bad is good and no one knows what a friend is even though they all act normally anyway

and I love it

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E8%A6%AA%E5%8F%8B

1. close friend, bosom buddy
2. crony, chum

Just guys being allies

But did the author use those characters or did they make a pun either in the read-as way or just with different characters?

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

i dunno y'all seems straightforward to me

(i've seen this kind of "does the author mean they're gay by using this word?" sort of discussion many times, and i have to say the new chapter coming now and doing this is a hilarious coincidental followup)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

chumbler posted:

Let's loving GO!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
NEW CHAPTER

Brought To You By posted:

Let's loving GO!!!

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

NEW CHAPTER

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE

I can't get over just how much I love the expression panels in this manga (flip back and forth between pages 18 and 19).

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Take your hat off indoors, Sullivan.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

NEW CHAPTER

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE

:kingsley: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
One thing I really appreciate is that this story doesn't drag out the despair. Clara could have spent a whole chapter being tormented by that one Nerd's trauma illusions during the harvest festival but it got shut down in a couple pages. Amelie could have actually danced with these otherwise upstanding gentlemen but no this dance goes to her future husband.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is this sullivan pulling the ultimate wingman move

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Marry your wife already, Iruma.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

chumbler posted:

Marry your wife already, Iruma.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1115314

yooooooo

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like that the attempted Typical Shonen Interruption failed to actually interrupt it

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 26, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just dancing back and forth on the stairs to compensate for the height difference without remark was great..

Luckily those are gigantic stairs

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

Don't forget Opera suggesting the lady killing move.

Also, this is the kid who didn't flinch when faced with explosives, giant monsters, and so much more. His demeanor shattered in one fell swoop

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Patware posted:

I think that honor goes to Opera, who just managed to make magic happen.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if they're ever going to bring up how uncannily similar Opera looks to the Azazel family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I realize Misfits Scans were rushing to get to this chapter (most likely) and we shouldn't expect this pace to be maintained, but I feel it needs to be said that they are goddamn scanlation heroes and deserve enormous amounts of praise for their work.