Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alec Eiffel posted:

Imagine going to someone’s house and they pop in Speed Racer to wow you

My kinda folk. :dukedoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Alec Eiffel posted:

I'm already going down on them

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

VS saying it can take possibly weeks for orders to ship is killin' me. I need my Terry Kiser fix.

I don't understand why you didn't already have a copy of the movie.

caligulamprey posted:

https://twitter.com/BradFHenderson/status/1336161490617905159

It is now time to flood VS with requests for The Dark Backward in 4K. :getin:

BOYCOTT VINEGAR SYNDROME UNTIL THEY RELEASE THE DARK BACKWARD ON BLU-RAY.

If I do this enough they should have that out in about two years.

Roth posted:

I'm already going down on them

Booo, I was going to make this joke.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Alec Eiffel posted:

Imagine popping in speed racer for someone and finding out they're not wowed

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Man, Speed Racer's never getting a real 4k UHD is it? :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How is the collateral 4k

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Empress Brosephine posted:

How is the collateral 4k

I’m interested as well. I’m a Mann fan(n?), and I’d upgrade Collateral though I’d rather have Heat or Thief in 4K.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

caligulamprey posted:

VS saying it can take possibly weeks for orders to ship is killin' me. I need my Terry Kiser fix.

I already have a tracking number for mine, it pays to be a yearly subscriber :smug:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

How is the collateral 4k

The bluray.com review says it's a solid upgrade but nothing that will blow you away, just because it's not really that kind of film to begin with. I already own the movie on blu ray so I probably won't upgrade this one unless I see it for less than $10 somewhere down the line.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Boywhiz88 posted:

I’m interested as well. I’m a Mann fan(n?), and I’d upgrade Collateral though I’d rather have Heat or Thief in 4K.

The Keep 4K when????

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I read in a different thread that Mann hates The Keep, which is why it's never had a proper blu ray release.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Basebf555 posted:

I think I read in a different thread that Mann hates The Keep, which is why it's never had a proper blu ray release.

It’s such a bizarre movie because it’s got so much talent behind it and the source material is great, and look at what we ended up with.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm such a spoiled brat when it comes to presentation that I've been waiting for an HD release to catch The Keep for the first time. Now that I look, though, it appears there's an HDTV transfer floating around out there on :filez:

e: And a homebrew cleaned/color-corrected 35mm scan. Sometimes I love nerds...

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 8, 2020

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's worth checking out. Like Xeno said it's certainly a flawed film that didn't quite come together in the end but it has a lot of atmosphere and a great cast. And I'm a sucker for movies where the Big Ancient Evil is actually shown, and not just implied.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The movie's biggest problem is that it's so loving boring. And boring is the worst thing a movie can be.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

He hates it because it was originally like 210 minutes then the studio mandated a 2 hour cut, when that didn't test well they cut it to 96 minutes without consulting Mann, including taking out his preferred ending.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There is no preferred ending of The Keep because they never shot the ending of The Keep, 'cause Mann couldn't decide on a design, which is probably why he'll never go back to it again. Even an Ultimate Cut probably wouldn't sit right with that dude.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

There is no preferred ending of The Keep because they never shot the ending of The Keep, 'cause Mann couldn't decide on a design, which is probably why he'll never go back to it again. Even an Ultimate Cut probably wouldn't sit right with that dude.

From my understanding they did have an ending he liked, but then Veever died so they couldn't finish the effects. So he compromised on a different ending, which was then cut anyway by the studio. You're right though that cut one wouldn't have been his preferred ending.

I just meant the ending the movie currently has wasnt the ending Mann wanted when he turned his final cut.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

How is the collateral 4k

Pretty drat good.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Dammit. It looks like maybe my Total Recall preorder didn’t even make it to the UPS truck. Just a “label created” prompt from 3 days ago and nothing else. loving lame.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boywhiz88 posted:

Dammit. It looks like maybe my Total Recall preorder didn’t even make it to the UPS truck. Just a “label created” prompt from 3 days ago and nothing else. loving lame.

I wouldn't stress about that. It happens a lot with the smaller labels, where they'll create the label and it sits for a week before UPS comes to pick it up. Hell sometimes the next step I get is "delivered," that's usually through the post office though.

I feel like it's likely because they normally don't do enough volume for the carriers to show up but once a week.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My copies of Possessor and Total Recall 4k got delayed, so I'm kinda curious what's up.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I've got Total Recall from best buy somewhere in North Carolina and my copy of Poessessor with no ship date, but 'back ordered' on diabolik. I pre-ordered that as soon as it went up to. Gotta mean that it probably didnt even arrive to their warehouse.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It would be great if you didn't get tracking numbers until the thing was actually in the hands of the postal service. It's such blue balling.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Total Recall steelbook is really nice, it comes with like a clear plastic slip cover that has all the technical details printed on it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Looks like it just got handed off to UPS so I’ll have it Thursday. Annoying but I know there are worse things, like the lemon bars I made for my great aunt that dont have any progress on the USPS tracker despite next day shipping being selected.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I’m still waiting on my Dawn of the Dead UHD. gently caress you Zavvi.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

dorium posted:

I’m still waiting on my Dawn of the Dead UHD. gently caress you Zavvi.

Me too. I'm thinking that I'll just buy a copy when Diabolik puts them up for sale, and when / if my Zavvi package arrives, I'll just sell it on eBay.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
VS has been having issues too, but my Beastmaster 4k shipped today. Don't judge me. Swords and sorcery is my favorite genre and oh boy is there a dearth of quality cinema to be found there. Not sure how the black painted tiger is going to hold up under 4k.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s been so long without an update that I genuinely forgot I had ordered anything in the VS sale. But whatever, I don’t mind being patient on VS orders because they actually bother to fulfill shipments and they’re a good label.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mem posted:

VS has been having issues too, but my Beastmaster 4k shipped today. Don't judge me. Swords and sorcery is my favorite genre and oh boy is there a dearth of quality cinema to be found there. Not sure how the black painted tiger is going to hold up under 4k.

At least VS has been upfront about delays. Legit goes a long way in my book.

For you Zavvi Dawn of the Dead buyers, I got mine! Hold out hope! If you use usps informed delivery I believe they used United Shipping Solutions as their shipping manager.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s been so long without an update that I genuinely forgot I had ordered anything in the VS sale. But whatever, I don’t mind being patient on VS orders because they actually bother to fulfill shipments and they’re a good label.

It pays to read their newsletter

Vinegar Syndrome, 6 days ago posted:

First of all, we bow down in gratitude for your order(s) and support. And now, we want to thank you in advance for your patience as we begin the shipping process!

So with that said, here are a few very important things as you hold your breath in anticipation of your shipping confirmation email:

First and most importantly, you must remember that it could be several weeks before your order ships and this is not something to be concerned about. Considering the ongoing delays with both Fedex and USPS, along with other delays, Coronavirus shutdowns, and the like, orders will almost definitely take a bit longer than usual to go out.

Second, if you don't receive a shipment confirmation email in the next couple weeks, don't panic! We got a whole lot of orders this time around and (see explanation above) everything is moving slower than usual. With that in mind, there is absolutely no reason to email us to ask about the status of your order. We promise that it WILL ship and that we are working nearly around the clock (at three locations!) to get everyone their stuff as quickly as humanly possible. Order check-in emails greatly slow the process down because we have to take time away from packing to respond to them. We've literally received hundreds of them so far, and the sale ended barely half a week ago! 

Third, when your order does ship, the tracking info might take a while to accurately update. Fedex and USPS are collectively shipping tens of millions of packages right now. Remember that once your package has left our hands, we cannot do anything to make USPS or Fedex deliver it faster. Nor do we have access to any additional tracking data than you do.

Now, to thank you for your patience, we're giving everyone a $5 off coupon which you can use towards anything on the site, once it re-opens. The code is: patience5. It will be valid through March of 2021.

For anything else you might be curious about, simply check our Black Friday FAQs page, here:
medium.com/@vinegarsyndrome

Thanks again!

~ Team VS

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Beastmasters have already started shipping. I got a notification yesterday about it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hootin n hollerin

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

Hootin n hollerin

My delivery date says 12/12

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

My delivery date says 12/12

I got the whole month package but they just made the shipping label so I imagine mine will probably around the 14th

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My Beastmaster is due in tomorrow :smug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm trying to hold off watching the few uhds I own so beastmaster can be my first lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm trying to hold off watching the few uhds I own so beastmaster can be my first lol

Why wasn't Tammy and the T-Rex your first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
All memes aside, I assume The Beastmaster UHD is gonna look crazy good, and would be a fun first UHD.