Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
I just finished inventorying all my kits for unrelated reasons, and all five of my PGs have stickers and not waterslides. Including Perfect Strike. I had assumed they'd have waterslides since they're premium kits, but nope.

It's extra weird since even some regular-release MGs come with waterslides these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Daban's MG Sazabi ver. ka Metallic Finish, completed:

Burns
May 10, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Daban's MG Sazabi ver. ka Metallic Finish, completed:

Looking good.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Found the Japan p bandai post for the 1/60 clear parts and it clearly has a bullet point that it comes with waterslides, so it looks like Bandai is hoping to get waterslide lovers to dip in the extra 50 dollars for waterslides.

Interestingly though the listing says its the same stickers that come with the kit, and I can't tell if they mean it's the same sheet of stickers but as watersides, or if they mean its a second water slide sheet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

Found the Japan p bandai post for the 1/60 clear parts and it clearly has a bullet point that it comes with waterslides, so it looks like Bandai is hoping to get waterslide lovers to dip in the extra 50 dollars for waterslides.

Interestingly though the listing says its the same stickers that come with the kit, and I can't tell if they mean it's the same sheet of stickers but as watersides, or if they mean its a second water slide sheet.

I suspect it’s the first one.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Yawgmoft posted:

It says the designs are the same as the marking decals that come with the base PG. So it's the same stickers but if they were born as waterslides.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/DogBarkingBees/status/1334875210319876098

New SRW kits :getin:

Hopefully Alteisen is among them because I would kill for one and the Koto kit is way too much now

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The ATX team is mostly goodies bolted onto Gespenst frames anyway that should be catnip for Bandai considering how they pumped out IBO Gundam frames

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm extremely impressed by the engineering, but I'm also deathly afraid of its delicacy.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's very delicate, but where you are in the construction was my favorite part because of how drat goofy it looked.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Azubah posted:

It's very delicate, but where you are in the construction was my favorite part because of how drat goofy it looked.

It looks like it should be bobbing it’s head into a nearby glass of water.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So I'm looking to buy some items that were supposed to be in the Nov 30 restock. How long until they'd become available in the states?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

So I'm looking to buy some items that were supposed to be in the Nov 30 restock. How long until they'd become available in the states?

They seem to be available in stores near me on the east coast that are supplied by Bluefin about two weeks after release in Japan.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I managed to get a pre-order in on the new PG RX-78-2 on HLJ and this is actually the first time I've pre-ordered a kit. Are release dates always this vague? It just says "December", is that going to be the end of December or just at some point this month when Bandai decides to send it out?

I'm really hoping to be able to work on it over my Christmas break.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Veotax posted:

I managed to get a pre-order in on the new PG RX-78-2 on HLJ and this is actually the first time I've pre-ordered a kit. Are release dates always this vague? It just says "December", is that going to be the end of December or just at some point this month when Bandai decides to send it out?

It's gonna be towards the end, it always is in my experience.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Welp. I almost finished my mg impulse blaunch. I had it all painted shaded panel lined and everything. All that we left was grabbing the flat coat.

Me being an idiot I accidently grabbed the wrong tamiya spray. I picked the silver spray paint. Guess what happened.

Have to strip it now and start from scratch. Fuuuck.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Celebrated the weekend by slapping together the Astray No Name

7/10 the proportions are perfect but the joints are very old school and the cape is incredibly finicky. Like it explodes if you sneeze at it. This makes posing with the right arm a huge gamble.

Not sure I'd recommend even though it looks really sassy and good. I think I'll panel line and topcoat this bad boy and cement the cape together before passing final judgment

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 7, 2020

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Does anyone have hands-on experience with the Unicorn MGEX? I'm selling off some tabletop stuff (to make more shelf space for Gundams, natch), and the quote they gave me is just about enough to cover the MGEX's considerable price tag. Wondering if there are any big downsides I should watch out for before shelling out for one kit instead of, like, six to eight smaller kits.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

Celebrated the weekend by slapping together the Astray No Name

7/10 the proportions are perfect but the joints are very old school and the cape is incredibly finicky. Like it explodes if you sneeze at it. This makes posing with the right arm a huge gamble.

Not sure I'd recommend even though it looks really sassy and good. I think I'll panel line and topcoat this bad boy and cement the cape together before passing final judgment

Mulder seems impressed.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Welp. I almost finished my mg impulse blaunch. I had it all painted shaded panel lined and everything. All that we left was grabbing the flat coat.

Me being an idiot I accidently grabbed the wrong tamiya spray. I picked the silver spray paint. Guess what happened.

Have to strip it now and start from scratch. Fuuuck.

That sucks dude. Did you spray the whole model or are there parts that didn’t get tagged?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Just Dan Again posted:

Does anyone have hands-on experience with the Unicorn MGEX? I'm selling off some tabletop stuff (to make more shelf space for Gundams, natch), and the quote they gave me is just about enough to cover the MGEX's considerable price tag. Wondering if there are any big downsides I should watch out for before shelling out for one kit instead of, like, six to eight smaller kits.

From what I've read, the lighting system is nerve wracking as it's all super thin ribbon cables that you need to thread through joints.

The end result does look pretty drat good however, I'll probably pick one up for my birthday next year.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If I had to describe this build in one word? Stressful.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

If I had to describe this build in one word? Stressful.

Take care with those arms.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Veotax posted:

The Japanese in stock date is 12/19. HLJ generally gets it around the in stock date, so 12/19+ your shipping speed should be fairly accurate.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yawgmoft posted:

The Japanese in stock date is 12/19. HLJ generally gets it around the in stock date, so 12/19+ your shipping speed should be fairly accurate.

Welp, if I want to get it for Christmas FedEx will have to be pretty loving speedy. Normally 5-7 days to the UK I think, oh well.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Painted this fella for the grunt contest and almost forgot to cross-post about it here!

https://twitter.com/justdanonline/status/1335294003894337536?s=20

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

For your consideration, my submission to the Grunt Group Build Contest.

The Toshiba EC 160 Electromotive Style Injection Machine, EFSF version. "The Grunt that makes your Grunts"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Just Dan Again posted:

Painted this fella for the grunt contest and almost forgot to cross-post about it here!

https://twitter.com/justdanonline/status/1335294003894337536?s=20

Black Tristars/Skywarp is a tier 1 paint scheme

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
My wonderful brother got me the P-Bandai HGUC TR-6 Kehaar II, must've found someone in Japan selling one. It's a really nice kit, transforms with a lot of part swapping just like the other AoZ kits.

And an AoZ family shot!

...And Gabby being super helpful while I was assembling it!

I guess I've got a small but growing Advance of Zeta collection, with how modular the MS' are you can kind of build silly things with them. I'll probobly leave Kehaar II in MA mode while it's on the shelf, I like the odd hockey-puck-with-rabbit-ears look it's got.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

AoZ all being P-Bandai is about as obnoxious as the hobby can be. It's like they knew precisely how to annoy Zeta fans.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Also weird given the toyetic partsforming gimmick

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Xaerael posted:

AoZ all being P-Bandai is about as obnoxious as the hobby can be. It's like they knew precisely how to annoy Zeta fans.

On the other hand, it's a fairly astute observation that the only people who even remember AoZ are nerds on the internet who are willing to pay a small premium for space rabbits.

(I also keep the Kehaar in donut mode.)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

On the other hand, it's a fairly astute observation that the only people who even remember AoZ are nerds on the internet who are willing to pay a small premium for space rabbits.

I just adore the Zeta family.

Realpost Grunt submission time, since I finally found my Camera gear after the house move. It's been ready for about a week!

(I'll also finally be able to photograph all the kits I've been making in the past several months)

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Xaerael posted:

I just adore the Zeta family.

Realpost Grunt submission time, since I finally found my Camera gear after the house move. It's been ready for about a week!

(I'll also finally be able to photograph all the kits I've been making in the past several months)

Gundam? More like GunDAMN! That looks really awesome, dude. :golfclap:

My grunt kit arrived today and I am going the lazy spray paint the parts on the runner route. What could go wrong? :v:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Thanks! It was a really nice paint and build. The P-Bandai parts are a bit problematic, the shoulders and backpack make it so there is zero rotation at the shoulder, and the cannons can't actually lower without totally crashing. It's very much like a lot of it's Unicorn brethren in it's statue-y ways.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Yeah, that's a very pleasingly painted suit. Mine's more on the latter side of trial and error, unfortunately.

What we learned: pigment or oil weathering on big robots, not both; death to Bandai stickers, semper decals.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

death to Bandai stickers

The only time Stickers have ever worked for me in on the PG Strike (and even then I trimmed the heck outta them), but 15 years later they're utterly sun-bleached to the point I kinda want to sell it off and replace it with the perfect.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

RillAkBea posted:

Who knows, maybe someday we'll get a full scale TR-5 Fiver or something else crazy like the massive TR-6 mobile fortress designs.

I only need most of my liver...

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Anyone have thoughts on the PG astray Kai? Like is it just the 09 red frame. Or did they update the kit with modern engineering closer to the PG exia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Queadlunn posted:

Who knows, maybe someday we'll get a full scale TR-5 Fiver or something else crazy like the massive TR-6 mobile fortress designs.

I only need most of my liver...

Ooh, I'd definitely open my wallet for a TR-5 Fiver!

Sazabi posted:

Anyone have thoughts on the PG astray Kai? Like is it just the 09 red frame. Or did they update the kit with modern engineering closer to the PG exia?

It's the regular PG Red Frame with new accessories. They very rarely update the base kit for a weapons pack, doubly so for PB/limited releases. Heck they didn't even update the mechanics for Perfect Strike and that was a full scale release.