Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
You know what’s a fun movie?

A boy and his dog.

E: since I have your attention you should read the Yogen no Nayuta one shot by Fujimoto too.

E2: also the one shot about mermaids and underwater pianos too.

Weird BIAS fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Weird BIAS posted:

You know what’s a fun movie?

A boy and his dog.

E: since I have your attention you should read the Yogen no Nayuta one shot by Fujimoto too.

E2: also the one shot about mermaids and underwater pianos too.

I'm still trying to find Sense of Justice and Paper Planes, but I've read the rest of his (published) one-shots. (For unpublished, he was apparently sending a rough for a new one shot to Rin every day for a bit there, so there's way too much to ever see. Got to respect that kind of work ethic.) It's really interesting to see how he grew as an artist.

Oh, and Kono Manga ga Sugoi gave Chainsaw Man first place for their men's manga category, so that's fun.

(Frieran at the Funeral got second place. Very different tone, but nice to see it succeed too.)

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

the mermaid one was great, the "evil" sister was good, but my favorite was the one where the guy kept trying to confess but more and more ridiculous things keep happening to interrupt all within a minute or so and he ends up saving the world by confessing lol

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

oh frieran rocks, that's good to hear

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://imgur.com/a/MDyAuKs

Scans of Speed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Can't believe Chainsaw Man is a dad manga now.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I didn't want to say it before because everything was so crazy and the stakes for everyone was high but I was worried about the pets and I'm glad they are ok. Power would be happy

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
wasn't hugging denji one of the very first things she did in the manga?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Can't believe Chainsaw Man is a dad manga now.

Chicks dig guys who seem responsible. A kid is the only way Denji could manage that.

Glad to be getting more, and there'd be a few things that'd tick me off if this was the Ending ending, (like the fates of Kobeni and the hybrids, or Denji looking for Power) but overall? This is an excellent finale.

Also, nice to know I was at least partially right about Makima.

Interesting that Nayuta introduces herself with one of Denji's signature gestures, especially since she keeps the bite. Seems like there's more of Makima in the kid than Kishibe thinks. And Poochita thinks so too. Funny how full circle Denji and the Control Devil's relationship has gone.

Excited to see where things go from here.

...Wonder if Reze is attending the same school as Denji. He did say school'd be fun if she was there, and Fujimoto just placed her as his favorite character in an interview.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
oh my god

how is the ending so pleasant and nice after everything this manga did? wow. what a ride

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That felt...abrupt. Wonder what the rush was. Big lol at Makima not caring about Denji to the point he "invisible" to her. Can't be too proud of picking up "actually Makima is bad" when I so badly underestimated the extent of her disdain.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
A surprisingly wholesome ending. Looking forward to part 2.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Perfect ending to the arc. There's lots more places for this to go, but that felt good. ESPECIALLY the fact he remembered the dogs. That's some proper wholesome!

Only one thing I find kinda really stupid: Makima straight up says being consumed will erase her; therefore, she told them exactly what to do. It's why the ending works, her blindspot in her contract was her explicit desire.

Then again the two characters conversing are also explicitly stated to be screw loose idiots so, hey.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
makima died, went back to hell, and lasted about ninety seconds before Darkness politely tapped her on the shoulder

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Huh, so it's not done-done? Interesting.

So uh, who's not dead? Denji, old guy, Kobeni?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The smell thing is weird though.

I'm all aboard for dad Denji!

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Finally we can get what everyone has been itching to see: CSM High School Festival Arc

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Last week would have been a good ending for Chainsaw Man if it just ended there, whereas this feels like a good finale to a really grand arc. I'm looking forward to some Lone Chainsaw and Cub in the near future (though I'm not sure how soon it's resuming?).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I never in my wildest dreams thought this manga would turn into a single dad series, but its all I ever wanted now.

Find the blood demon Denji, give the control demon a sister

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 11, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Perfection.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Get back to me in 3 more chapters, we'll see what genre this has become then.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I am almost scared of what Fujimoto will do in Jump+

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fabricated posted:

I am almost scared of what Fujimoto will do in Jump+
He'll go places I'll tell you what

10/10 Manga, hands down. Godamn nobel prize.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
How can this end in such a wholesome way? :allears:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
great ending great manga. lol at Nayuta calling Denji a dog on their first meeting

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Woof woof

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's a great ending and I really hope it doesn't get undone in part 2.

But with how CSM has been if it does it'll somehow be even better

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Even rushed this ending was good. I have faith part will end up just as good if not better.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
If it's on Jump+ does that mean it'll still be on the App or is it a separate thing?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I'm curious about that myself. I mostly read using the Viz app, wondering if I can keep doing that or if I have to go somewhere else.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It might not show up in the app, yeah. Hell's Paradise is also on Jump + and it's on the website only.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If this was the series finale and we didnt know that there'd be a continuation I would not like it. But as the end of a part 1 and knowing there will be more coming its a nice wrap up. I would have liked to have seen Kobeni interact with dadji or even get a mention of Power but I assume Kobeni will drop in part 2 at times and the blood devil may be a part. I would kill to have Dadji and Power as the mom to a baby Makima brat.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Kobeni should go back to school to become a teacher for that pension and be inevitably drawn in Denji's school life where he's still fighting demons.

Also hey look, another manga by Fujimoto with an older brother and a dangerous younger sister named Nayuta. I wonder if he had some particular attachment to this idea as it's kind of present in Fire Punch as well as Yogen no Nayuta.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Weird BIAS posted:

Kobeni should go back to school to become a teacher for that pension and be inevitably drawn in Denji's school life where he's still fighting demons.

Also hey look, another manga by Fujimoto with an older brother and a dangerous younger sister named Nayuta. I wonder if he had some particular attachment to this idea as it's kind of present in Fire Punch as well as Yogen no Nayuta.

Kobeni becomes Denji's teacher

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
finally, the reunion everyone has been waiting for. kishibe and his best friend meowy

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

I was guessing that Power would come back as a kid for Denji to raise but that works too.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I wonder how long it's been since Denji ate Makima. Did Nayuta just pop into existence at her current age, or did she grow into this age? If she just was created like this, will she stay this age forever, or grow up? Was she a normal girl that was taken over by the control devil, or is she the control devil herself? So many questions!

Darth TNT posted:

The smell thing is weird though.

I'm all aboard for dad Denji!

I think the "Makima percieves people via smell" thing may be a mistranslation, it would make sense if Denji is talking about how dogs perceive people via smell, which helped him realize Makima never really saw HIM, just Chainsaw Man.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 11, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spiderdrake posted:

Only one thing I find kinda really stupid: Makima straight up says being consumed will erase her; therefore, she told them exactly what to do. It's why the ending works, her blindspot in her contract was her explicit desire.

Then again the two characters conversing are also explicitly stated to be screw loose idiots so, hey.

I think she wasn’t erased because it was Denji who ate her, not CSM. A hybrid is both human and devil. When they’re in human form only their heart is a devil.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

RatHat posted:

I think she wasn’t erased because it was Denji who ate her, not CSM. A hybrid is both human and devil. When they’re in human form only their heart is a devil.

I think this is right. It's important too because it shows that Denji isn't chainsawman and reinforces that Mikima was wrong to only see CSM, since like Denji said, it ended up killing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RatHat posted:

No, other thing. The erasing (or lack thereof) isn't what I'm questioning.

She specifically says she wants two options - either she wins, or she gets eaten by CSM. The important part is just the part where she's saying its possible to being consumed. I'm saying of course the contract wasn't invoked to restore her. She explicitly says that's how to beat her - But she didn't consider Denji, who is so far beneath her, would be able to do it. She thinks only CSM could do the deed.

That's why the ending fits so well. She tells them how to beat her, they do it, then they act surprised? It's an odd wobble in an otherwise tight ending. Like I thought that was the twist, Denji hammers home she feels contempt for him, he's so nothing to her, then he gives her what she wants just not how she wants it.

Either way it's fantastic. Like I said, the manga also hammers you have to be a crazy idiot to be effective at the job. Hence the whole bit about him hitting on a lesbian for years to violent reprisal.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 12, 2020