Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
The website also says it connects to a phone app. Google translate:

"Transfer Digimon raised in Vital Breath to a dedicated app. Online battles with users nationwide are possible. In addition, you can get daily activity records, registration in the evolution picture book, new missions, and items."

Hope it's easy to use without knowing Japanese. A little disappointed that the really nice color screen from the tease was probably just a phone.

Edit: Oh, both the Youtube video description and the Twitter account posted in english. Maybe they'll bring it to the states.

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1335781077428793345

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Please don't be another goddamn P-Bandai exclusive like the Pendulums

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pulsemon has a really big and diverse line, surprisingly enough.
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1335800340957061120

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I don't much care for pulsemon's design. Pity.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
On one hand, this is probably never getting officially brought over ever, so getting it would absolutely require importing.

On the other hand, I can't afford it anyways, and I don't do enough walking around to get much use out of something like that. If I did, I'd still be playing Pokemon Go.

Edit: In bright yellow, Pulsemon looks pretty eh, I really like it in the kind of lime yellow-green the official art has it as? It looks like an energy drink mascot, but not necessarily in a bad way.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 7, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Zeether posted:

Please don't be another goddamn P-Bandai exclusive like the Pendulums

From the looks of it the only thing that is premium is the yellow brace version which is more expensive as it comes with the Veemon DiM card. Also, maybe the Blue MetalGreymon card as it is a preorder bonus.

Here are the boxes.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RedPV_KKDT/status/1335968654660227072

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 7, 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Here's the new ending. It has significantly less effort put into it than the last one, with a bunch of still shots and very little animation, which is disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQwCfi90DE

Low effort ending animations are a proud Digimon staple. Also lol nice Frontier shoutout with the pink scarf on Patamon.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

You all ready for this?

Episode 29: "Escape the Burning Jungle"

Taichi and co., who got separated as a result of the fierce battle between Angemon and Dark Knightmon, move out in hopes of reuniting with each other. Meanwhile, Taichi and Agumon, who enter a jungle in pursuit of his younger sister, Hikari, who was kidnapped by Skull Knightmon, are encountered by a group of Woodmon that hate fighting. Allomon and Megadramon led by Tankdramon attack them, and the jungle gets engulfed in flames. In order to rescue the Digimon that live in the jungle, Taichi and Agumon fight against Tankdramon's corps. Taichi and the others fight valiantly against the large army, but..... !?

Episode 30: "The Ultimate, War Greymon"

Taichi and co. escape from the burning jungle, accompanied by the Woodmon who were living there peacefully. However, the remaining enemies chase after them. In order to let everyone escape safely, Taichi and Metal Greymon decide to be bait They draw the enemies to them, but Parrotmon, a new enemy, appears. Although they manage to fight an even battle, Parrotmon is struck by black lightning from the sky, and evolves into Crossmon, an Ultimate...

Episode 31: "The New Darkness, Millenniumon"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The toy commercial is reaching the final third(?) or third quarter of its journey.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

The toy commercial is reaching the final third(?) or third quarter of its journey.

I thought they said this show was supposed to run like 60+ episodes or something?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

I thought they said this show was supposed to run like 60+ episodes or something?

66 episodes.

https://www.toei-animation.com/catalog/digimon-adventure-2020/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh so we're not even halfway. Goddamn. If the next dozen or so episodes are for the Megas for everyone, what the hell is the back half gonna be?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Xelkelvos posted:

Oh so we're not even halfway. Goddamn. If the next dozen or so episodes are for the Megas for everyone, what the hell is the back half gonna be?

It’ll be more Tai and Matt

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

There's probably going to be T.K. and Hikari too for some time at least.
Speaking of T.K. I feel like half of his lines is shouting Brother.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mmkay posted:

On the one hand, yes, half of his lines are ONII-CHAN.

On the other, the other half are significantly more interesting than the rest of this bland cast put together with the exception of Mimi, who rocks, and Joe, who also rocks but slightly less. So overall the balance says that he's still one of the best characters in the series by being allowed to actually do things (seriously, him just throwing himself at DarkKnightmon with no regards for his own life was so good) and not being just a passive existence that can't even bring character conflict.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

On the one hand, yes, half of his lines are ONII-CHAN.

On the other, the other half are significantly more interesting than the rest of this bland cast put together with the exception of Mimi, who rocks, and Joe, who also rocks but slightly less. So overall the balance says that he's still one of the best characters in the series by being allowed to actually do things (seriously, him just throwing himself at DarkKnightmon with no regards for his own life was so good) and not being just a passive existence that can't even bring character conflict.

mmkay posted:

So this is Adventure alright.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Boy that sure is some wheel spinning. Episode 30 better blow my socks off with how hard they've been budgeting these last few episodes.

On the other hand I'm extremely interested in what they're doing with Hikari seeing as she clearly left with Skull Knightmon voluntarily. Even money he's replacing Wizarmon for the series and there's a meta-thing where he turns face like he didn't in Xros Wars.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Boy that sure is some wheel spinning. Episode 30 better blow my socks off with how hard they've been budgeting these last few episodes.

On the other hand I'm extremely interested in what they're doing with Hikari seeing as she clearly left with Skull Knightmon voluntarily. Even money he's replacing Wizarmon for the series and there's a meta-thing where he turns face like he didn't in Xros Wars.

Speaking of which, do we know when Tailmon’s showing up yet (unless she appeared this week, I haven’t seen the episode yet)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 13, 2020

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, do we know when Gatomon’s showing up yet (unless she appeared this week, I haven’t seen the episode yet)?

If she has I haven't heard it yet. Next episode is a big ol' fight, the episode after promises War Greymon, and the episode after is about Millenniumon. There's a good chance she'll show up/be mentioned/hinted at coming in one of those episodes, but no summaries have mentioned her yet. The only information so far is from the pre-release information that stated Tailmon is out of sight for some reason.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
some people are suggesting a kinda ridiculous theory that SkullKnightmon/DarkKnightmon is in fact a Corrupted Tailmon, the main evidence they have for this is that A) he has a really heavily modulated voice, and B) is apprently uncredited

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The one I heard was that but for the Digimon they're riding on which apparently is part of Gatomon’s evolution tree?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

some people are suggesting a kinda ridiculous theory that SkullKnightmon/DarkKnightmon is in fact a Corrupted Tailmon, the main evidence they have for this is that A) he has a really heavily modulated voice, and B) is apprently uncredited

Heavily modulated voices that go uncredited in Japanese productions are always done that way for a reason, so I could buy this lol.

Source: They did it a couple times in Sentai.

Scratchman Apoo fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 13, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ConanThe3rd posted:

The one I heard was that but for the Digimon they're riding on which apparently is part of Gatomon’s evolution tree?

In fairness Gatomon's tree is nonsensical enough that I could buy literally any Digimon is part of it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
puppy to cat is...well theyre at least both household pets so i can kinda see it in a broad (very very very broad) sense

angel to dragon is similar in that dragons are kind of seen as godish in a lot of cultures so like, once again, in a broad sense i can see the connection

now cat to angel is really the only one i have a bit of difficulty rationalizing

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
How about cat to angel to pink goat?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Heavily modulated voices that go uncredited in Japanese productions are always done that way for a reason, so I could buy this lol.

Source: They did it a couple times in Sentai.

They also did literally this in the current Kamen Rider series, one of the villains went uncredited in the opening until the episode where his identity is revealed when they not only started crediting him but actually doubled down and gave him an extra title in the opening credits to explain what relation he has to the rest of the cast and why it's important he's a bad guy now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This off-model nothing series sure keeps being off-model and nothing. At least it gives me something to laugh at.

https://twitter.com/JellyZombies/status/1338207240092717056

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Agumon slide digivolved to Big Head Agumon.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I'll be the first to admit that the reboot is wearing on me a little with the way it lurches from one fight to the next with little down-time for character moments, but that image is clearly edited. (Unless that's the joke and I'm not getting it)

On the episode itself, there were so many noticeably repeated clips in that MetalGreymon fight even I found it a bit grating. I hope that the Nanimon stuff leads to an interesting character dynamic.

I find it hard to describe, but while a lot has happened it also doesn't really feel like much has happened. Everything has moved just as fast as those first three episodes with the exception of the "everybody (but Tai and Matt of course) stares at a computer screen doing nothing for six episodes straight arc". The kids don't feel much closer as friends either. If your gonna separate the kids at least give me interesting/underused combinations like Joe and Kari or Mimi and TK. Everybody being on their own is kinda boring, but I guess having the digivices be a communicator kinda hampers the feeling of separation anyway. I guess I don't really know what I want from this series anymore. :shrug:

At least they're making good on their statements about upping the variety of Digimon shown as I wouldn't have expected Xros Wars Cyberdramon to ever show up again.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Updates on the Vital Bracelet from WTW: https://withthewill.net/threads/dig...-sprites.24987/

Includes larger images of Pulsemon's evolution line, Bulkmon, Boutmon, and Kazuchimon, as well as better looks at Exermon, Runnermon, and Namakemon.

Also has the line up for the Ancient Warriors DiM card that comes with early purchases of the special edition of the Vital Bracelet:

Baby through Child: Chicomon, Chibimon, V-mon
Adult: V-dramon, XV-mon, Fladramon, Lighdramon
Perfect: AeroV-dramon, Paildramon, DinoBeemon, GoldV-dramon, Sagitarrimon, Digitamamon
Ultimate: UlforceV-dramon, Imperialdramon Dragon Mode, Magnamon, and a mystery Ultimate

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm glad the devs agree Sagittarimon is blatantly a Flamedramon-Raidramon cross evo and not the Digimental of Hope, and put him in his rightful position accordingly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We also have a profile for Pulsemon.

Wikimon posted:

A Digimon that evolved under the influence of heartbeat waveform data stored in hospitals and gyms. It has a lively personality in that it treats anyone without discrimination. Pulsemon's characteristic fringe is linked to its emotions, and droops when it feels down. It is a cunning fighter who battles by capitalizing on its natural agility, and moving around in the shape of a lightning bolt.
Its Special Moves are ramming into the enemy with all its might at lightning speed (Elec Rush), and discharging electricity generated within its body from its fringe (Petit Impulse). In addition, many Digimon that are influenced by the vital data of others like Pulsemon, improving their physical abilities and evolving, have been discovered.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Preorders for the normal version of the Vital Bracelet with the Black Roar Dim Card bonus are up at Amazon Japan according to WtW: https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-vital-bracelet-pre-orders-at-amazon-japan-black-roar-dim-included.24996/

I glad that I won't have to resort to resellers for that bonus card.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The new battle song is called Break the Chain, by Tanimoto Takayoshi like every non-ending song so far. We'll get a peek of it this weekend, alongside the WarGreymon evolution sequence (of which we got some pics today)
https://twitter.com/digimon_tv/status/1339894800133189632

As well, we got the first image for DCG BT-05 "Battle of Omega", showing the namesake Digimon alongside Zwart D, alongside several others that would likely be on their side.

Omegamon has BanchoLilimon, Cutemon, OmegaShoutmon, Jijimon, and a silhouette I don't recognise (the one in the center)
Zwart D has Shademon/Eyesmon (hard to say without more of a view, both Digimon are extremely similar), Algomon Perfect (I think?), Troopmon, ChaosDukemon? (very unsure on this one) and the last one's too small for me to see.

People with better eyes may find more than I do, I'm really unsure about the Zwart D side.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I want to say the central one on Omegamon side is Medieval Dukemon? That looks like the Staff side of its axe and it looks like it has a cape. It also makes sense in contrast because that's definitely some version of the standard issue Dukemon with Zwart.

On Zwart side I think that's Shademon at the top judging by them having concentric circles in the eyes. Eyesmon only has the pupil.As for the bottom one I'm unsure, but I think it has two mouths?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just watched the latest episode and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm completely over Greymon and Metal Greymon at this point.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Built the BlackWarGreymon model kit. It took around five hours

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Dec 19, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

JT Smiley posted:

Just watched the latest episode and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm completely over Greymon and Metal Greymon at this point.

Yeah, I don't disagree.

Can the other kids actually get some screentime?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, I don't disagree.

Can the other kids actually get some screentime?

Probably after next ep, if only because we're likely getting six Megas in a row like we did with every previous level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I gave up after Taichi got vored and it looks like I’m not missing a lot.

That BWG looks sick.