Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

No interest in the parts, but a question, what set are those two torsos in the center from? I have these torsos too and have no idea what they are from.

The left is a bandit and the right is the sheriff I believe. My dog ate my bandit when I got it all those years ago but never any other LEGO after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Hey, I'm good, thanks! I appreciate it, though!

No interest in the parts, but a question, what set are those two torsos in the center from? I have these torsos too and have no idea what they are from.
https://brickset.com/sets/containing-minifig-ww021
https://brickset.com/sets/containing-minifig-ww007

Looks like you had 6765 or, more likely if you had no other Western figs, 6712.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

e: literally beaten

well, not Literally

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gonna have to look up some instructions and see what of these I can put together. Oh I am freakin' pumped.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just a protip: you can figure out the source and part number for minifig parts with scary accuracy with a google search. Like "grey minifig shirt sherriff" found the correct one immediately.

The other one didn't work this time, I couldn't come up with keywords to pull it up. But if you knew "bandit" it comes up easily.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

xzzy posted:

Just a protip: you can figure out the source and part number for minifig parts with scary accuracy with a google search. Like "grey minifig shirt sherriff" found the correct one immediately.

The other one didn't work this time, I couldn't come up with keywords to pull it up. But if you knew "bandit" it comes up easily.

Thanks for that. I was kind of wondering if there was a non-stupid way to figure out which fig is which.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I'm weird that this what I enjoy when I buy bulk lots, figuring out what parts / minifigs go to which set. Except Star Wars Clone Troopers, that head is on like 77 different minifigs.

Edit:

Carbohydrates posted:

Hey, I'm good, thanks! I appreciate it, though!
If anyone else wants some western minifigs they are up for grabs.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Yeah I've been buying sets, following the instructions to build them then that's it. Wanted something to just mess around with. So I ordered a buy 4 pounds, get two pounds free that should come soon. Interested to see what something like that gets me. If I get the kinds of pieces that could help me make an extra train car to hide a battery pack that'd be great.

What's the best way to sanitize six pounds of Lego?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

davebo posted:

Yeah I've been buying sets, following the instructions to build them then that's it. Wanted something to just mess around with. So I ordered a buy 4 pounds, get two pounds free that should come soon. Interested to see what something like that gets me. If I get the kinds of pieces that could help me make an extra train car to hide a battery pack that'd be great.

What's the best way to sanitize six pounds of Lego?

Pillowcase and washing machine on delicate/cold so long as you're not putting in transparent pieces.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

tomapot posted:

I'm weird that this what I enjoy when I buy bulk lots, figuring out what parts / minifigs go to which set. Except Star Wars Clone Troopers, that head is on like 77 different minifigs.

Edit:

If anyone else wants some western minifigs they are up for grabs.

Sure! DM me and I will pay for postage.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

The left is a bandit and the right is the sheriff I believe.

So much for no politics in the LEGO thread.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
All Creators Adore Bricks

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Chairchucker posted:

Welp time for me to eat a week

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chairchucker posted:

:lol:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chairchucker posted:

:nsavince:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I've been trying to cut back on buying sets because I am utterly out of room to put them, but he barracuda bay set is on sale for 150 euros. Go for it? Talk me out of it?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ika posted:

I've been trying to cut back on buying sets because I am utterly out of room to put them, but he barracuda bay set is on sale for 150 euros. Go for it? Talk me out of it?

It's not getting retired soon, if you are in doubt just wait.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Or just buy it and shove it in a closet and then surprise yourself after a couple of years.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Buy it, build it, then disassemble whatever is in its display space so you can rebuild that down the road.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ika posted:

It is the absolute best set ever, definitely get it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ika posted:

It is the absolute best set ever, definitely get it.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It’s the best thing in the current lineup and a must buy if you don’t have the BSB or SES.

(I am of the opinion that Ninjago City is the actual best ever set)

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

It’s the best thing in the current lineup and a must buy if you don’t have the BSB or SES.

(I am of the opinion that Ninjago City is the actual best ever set)

Ninjago city is just sooo good, every step is rewarding, the detail is fantastic, the colors are vibrant, it just really exemplifies everything lego should be. I really can’t wait to build the docks, and I’m so excited for the gardens. A modular sized city park is at the top of my wishlist

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Get Barracuda Bay. It is what I imagined the big base playsets to be like when looking at the catalogues in the 80s and 90s, but 10x as awesome.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I think if the GOAT battle is gonna come down to Barracuda Bay versus Ninjago City, I'm fine with that competition. I would certainly say that both of them are easy contenders and would recommend the hell out of either to anyone with even a passing interest, plus Barracuda Bay is actually still in production right now so it's a no-brainer.

Streamin' in ~10 minutes! Back to my roots tonight: we're doing a car.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Enjoying so far dude, this is rad. :)

Also, a pleasant discovery. I thought I'd thrown all my Lego out in 2016, but I found a couple of bits of Space Police at the top of a box of old Transformers. I just dug a bit deeper this afternoon and found out that I'd saved a a significant amount of Space Police, Blacktron and Futuron sets and loose pieces. I'll dig them out over Christmas and see what I manage to salvage.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 12, 2020

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

fappenmeister posted:

...I'd thrown all my Lego out…

:negative:

E: :denmark:

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
I haven’t built either barracuda or ninjago city yet. Own both of them. Are they really that much better than assembly square?

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

The boxes were taking room in the garage, and I was going through some poo poo and couldn't handle the thought of them being there. :smith:
Oh, and that I was an adult and didn't need them anymore (but kept the Transformers wtf).

But it's OK now!

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 12, 2020

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Earth posted:

I haven’t built either barracuda or ninjago city yet. Own both of them. Are they really that much better than assembly square?

Send them to me and I’ll tell you.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Ultimate Mango posted:

Send them to me and I’ll tell you.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

fappenmeister posted:

The boxes were taking room in the garage, and I was going through some poo poo and couldn't handle the thought of them being there. :smith:
Oh, and that I was an adult and didn't need them anymore (but kept the Transformers wtf).

But it's OK now!

Nah, just giving you a hard time. Glad things are better now!

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Blue Moonlight posted:

Nah, just giving you a hard time. Glad things are better now!

Thank you goon, please send some UFO sets tia.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Earth posted:

Yes. Assembly square isn't even the best of the modulars. It's just big. It is very atractive, though.

The reason I put Barracuda #1 is it is the complete package. An utter joy to build, start to finish, it looks great when done and it has interesting build techniques. Ninjago City is great but a step behind. An A+ and a A, if you will. Assembly Square is a B.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Carbohydrates posted:

I think if the GOAT battle is gonna come down to Barracuda Bay versus Ninjago City, I'm fine with that competition. I would certainly say that both of them are easy contenders and would recommend the hell out of either to anyone with even a passing interest, plus Barracuda Bay is actually still in production right now so it's a no-brainer.

Streamin' in ~10 minutes! Back to my roots tonight: we're doing a car.

That was fun to join in.

I gotta say I was blown away at your ability to just keep delivering good information on your process, part choices, and overarching design for such a long time and still make it interesting and fun. Thanks for doing this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fappenmeister posted:

But it's OK now!
I think it was the "threw them out" part. Always donate legos.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Captain Invictus posted:

I think it was the "threw them out" part. Always donate legos.

I know, I would have donated them if I had my time back.
:(

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
As a kid I missed out on a garbage bag full of old LEGO but it got thrown out, because they put it in a garbage bag :argh: :negative:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
What’s the deal with the sets listed under the AFOL Designer program on BL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

What’s the deal with the sets listed under the AFOL Designer program on BL?

It was a design contest that they ran with lego. Then the sets were produced. They are doing a second contest of it soon.