Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lid posted:

Apparently yes but I have zero memory of it as it seems to jave been the pre-feud to CM Punk v John Cena

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/648724-randy-orton-vs-cm-punk-a-history-of-their-rivalry

Of course Bray Wyatt was involved

Edit: ok i have no memory of this but they had a last man standing match at wrestlemania and a hardcore match at extreme rules, both of which Punk lost. Punk then turned around and became WWE Champion because WWE booking is really circular and they realised they'd had been jobbing out a guy whose contract was almost up so they gave him a carrot to re-sign.

I was watching for all of this and don’t recall it. It was an unstoppable farce meeting and unmoved audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Very sad opening moments of WOR today as Dave talks about his Mom who is apparently in the last days of her life. :smith:

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Wait why did Bryan think Brandi was a heel in the Shaq segment last night?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

duckdealer posted:

Bryan got worked by Shaq

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Unrestricted is so weird because Tony and Aubrey have the perfect "Dudes Chattin" chemistry but either due to time constraints or not having that podcaster mentality they really rush through things. It makes sense, backstage at a wrestling show is not the best time to do a laid back, meandering interview but it's a shame because it could be more fun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The pacing is not ideal but Tony and Aubrey have amazing chemistry which is mostly lacking in wrestling pods.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Unrestricted is so weird because Tony and Aubrey have the perfect "Dudes Chattin" chemistry but either due to time constraints or not having that podcaster mentality they really rush through things. It makes sense, backstage at a wrestling show is not the best time to do a laid back, meandering interview but it's a shame because it could be more fun.

While the fan questions are fun, the quality of the podcast has taken a dive since adding the segment since, as you mentioned, they have to rush through it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

The pacing is not ideal but Tony and Aubrey have amazing chemistry which is mostly lacking in wrestling pods.

Buddy you haven't listened to the Rudocast!!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Very sad opening moments of WOR today as Dave talks about his Mom who is apparently in the last days of her life. :smith:

When he asked about seeing his mom ~8 months ago when they had COVID experts on, it was kinda clear that this was coming, but it doesn't make it any less sad. :smith: Hope Dave can find some way to comfort her and say goodbye, even if it's through a window or something like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dango Bango posted:

While the fan questions are fun, the quality of the podcast has taken a dive since adding the segment since, as you mentioned, they have to rush through it.

I have only listened to episodes since the fan questions were added and my reaction was "what if they just ditched the fan questions."

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

CVagts posted:

When he asked about seeing his mom ~8 months ago when they had COVID experts on, it was kinda clear that this was coming, but it doesn't make it any less sad. :smith: Hope Dave can find some way to comfort her and say goodbye, even if it's through a window or something like that.

This got me thinking, I don't really recall Dave missing shows for personal or health reasons or even simply taking time off in the four or so years since I've been subscriber, surely he must have at some point tho.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

This got me thinking, I don't really recall Dave missing shows for personal or health reasons or even simply taking time off in the four or so years since I've been subscriber, surely he must have at some point tho.
When he fell off his bike and broke his hand iirc he actually did more podcasts to make up for the time he wasn’t spending writing

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That time he nearly died on a trip to Japan he took a week off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is the time he went to the beach for an afternoon and kept calling Bryan to see if any news happened.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
nia jax is going to beat her BEWWWWWBZ onto her BAAAAACK, DAVE

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I would 100% be behind them just adding another 30 minutes to every episode where they just shoot the poo poo and tell stories with the guests

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

MassRafTer posted:

There is the time he went to the beach for an afternoon and kept calling Bryan to see if any news happened.

I liked when the Jones/Gustafsson venue news broke while he was out holiday shopping.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Aubrey and Tony have GREAT chemistry together, it sounds like they've been friends for years. Agree that the interviews are super rushed though, I wish the stars aligned and they could have two hour shooting the poo poo podcasts with guests like the old Highspots videos with Steen or Best Friends

Hell, I'd listen to Aubrey and Tony talking for an hour without guests and just having an off-topic podcast.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

duckdealer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUGi2X42sQ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave’s mum being close to the end is very sad of course, but it did remind me of when Dave complained that he didn’t get to main event his dad’s memorial service

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

jesus WEP posted:

Dave’s mum being close to the end is very sad of course, but it did remind me of when Dave complained that he didn’t get to main event his dad’s memorial service

That was the mentality at the time. It was taken in a different direction.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I really hope Jim Valley gets better.

Orton reminds me of Kane. He’s the boring program every new champ has to get in after finally winning the belt.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Apologise to Kane

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

remusclaw posted:

Orton reminds me of Kane. He’s the boring program every new champ has to get in after finally winning the belt.

That's Dolph.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

remusclaw posted:

Jim's wife posted yesterday he was taken off the ventilator again and was able to call and speak to her over the phone, so hopefully he's back on the road to recovery.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

New Rudocast dropped talking AEW, NJPW, NOAH, and previewing tonight's TripleMania! Scotty reminisces about the many incarnations of the Stinger, and the team talks about the Hiromu-Despy Rivalry. We'll also do a New Years' Eve episode counting down all our picks for 2020 and giving out the most prestigious Wrestling Podcast Award: Rudo of the Year 2020. Will the Murderhawk Monster win his second consecutive Rudo of the Year award? Subscribe and find out!

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1337433657401733120

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

A friend of mine wanted some wrassles podcast recommendations and I’m glad to say that the one he liked the most out of the ones I gave him was Rudocast :cool:

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 12, 2020

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rudocast and AEW unrestricted are the only two I still listen to. You guys are great every week.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I stopped watching WWE before Dolph moved up to being the boring first feud guy. But yeah I can see that. Also, I liked Kane, but heel Kane has pretty much sucked forever.

I am happy to hear that about Jim Valley though. Hope his recovery continues.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Thanks for the support! Tell your friends about the Rudocast!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1338271756428206080

We wrap up the ring boy scandal with Bix. Tune in as I forget a lot of things and Bix has to do all the heavy lifting!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

part one won't load on google podcasts

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
same

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
or spreaker

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is it available on overcast?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Legit popped for the news on Dave's mom.

"I guess she can watch dirty dancing for the fifty first and fifty second times..."

I know that Dave knows she isn't out of the woods yet but it made me feel better.

81sidewinder posted:

That was the mentality at the time. It was taken in a different direction.

:vince:

Also I still love how Dave is still mad he didn't get to Tokyo when he nearly died instead. "It was the worst week of my life... that Misawa/Kobashi Taue/Kawada match would have been awesome!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Is it available on overcast?

Yep, works fine.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/smFISHMAN/status/1338656123285626880?s=20

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Jim Valley's got that Kobashi-level Fighting Spirit. :unsmith: