Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's good to get out of the constant fights and get some world building in Mashle
also

🎵 Shot in the head, with snot (so lame)
This seems like... a bad game 🎵

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ethiser posted:

We Never Learn

Sick burn on the other girls Yuiga to not invite them to your wedding.

It didn’t say anything about ending next week so I’m curious to see how much longer it’ll run.

It would be fun to do a realistic mini arc where Yuiga just meets some random girl and starts dating her instead of only these girls he knew in high school.

Also this bonus chapter of Promised Neverland sure was full of feelings.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Here's a quick question before you read the current chapter of Ragna Crimson. Can you remember every member of the Silverware Corp? If so, this won't be as much of a surprise to you.

Also interesting we finally get the name of Ortho's former princess. Good timing for that flashback as well

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Magu-chan is too sweet every week. I love it so. CHRISTMAS ARC!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Mashle and Magu were both incredibly sweet in different ways.

:ohdear: I hope Ruru gets what she wants.

Agravity boys: WTF did I just read? This is the type of over the top insanity that makes me keep reading this.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The yozakura family manga makes more sense now

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yozakura Family's comment is the clear winner out of that bunch. :lol:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The Mashle one is also very fitting

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Horikoshi is a bro.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

The Mashle one is also very fitting

I mean, if Kengan Asura can get officially branded Protein. When does Mashle get his own real world brand?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope Mashle gets an anime adaptation and it's good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

seeing it not even crack top 20 in Kono Manga was a relief that no i'm not alone

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fabricated posted:

I hope Mashle gets an anime adaptation and it's good

It is still a little early for that.

Brought To You By posted:

I mean, if Kengan Asura can get officially branded Protein. When does Mashle get his own real world brand?

Mashle brand cream puffs.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Protein puffs

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Milk is basically liquid protien. Ergo so is cream.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

So I've not read any of Alice in borderlands but a live action version just appeared on netflix

Two episodes in with a friend and overall I think it's good but some changes were to be expected as is any adaptation.
They reworked the 4 of clubs from the flaming arrow challenge to a more direct escape room challenge revolving around choosing between a door labeled 'life' and a door labeled 'death'. It's not a bad game but the solution to the game felt very convoluted even though the answer is simple enough. Also, my confusion about the first game has always been weird because it doesn't play or feel like a clubs game. The manga setup was more about diamonds game and the live-action turns it into a hearts game. It's a rough first game. They also changed some things that I have hesitation about. There aren't any ticket machines issuing Visas anymore, it's a cell phone that acts as an announcer. And venues only issue a single card instead of multiple ones for each player that survives. Both of those aren't super critical but the former comes into play in the 2nd episode.

Thankfully, "Tag" was kept mostly intact. But the fact that the phones players carry now chime in randomly got one guy killed since the sound alerted the horse mask gunner. They also changed the game in a big way since there are now two gunners instead of one gunner with two guns. And Agni is in the game as well for literally no reason. And instead of a gun, the medical student has a tazer built into his walkman :shrug:

Those aside, I think it's shot well and still engaging. They didn't go for an overgrown dystopia Tokyo and more a vacant one it still looks nice. The acting also seems good. Onto episode 3 hide and seek

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Also I never saw anyone point it out, but roboco's Twitter account is real https://twitter.com/roboco_hizanapa?s=09

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao
https://twitter.com/roboco_hizanapa/status/1339571463754379264

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

CodfishCartographer posted:

Also I never saw anyone point it out, but roboco's Twitter account is real https://twitter.com/roboco_hizanapa?s=09
I considered looking it up but realized there was a 100% chance it existed and would have every tweet in the chapter so I didn't bother

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
drat they aren't translating Engan no Cyclops.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was just nonstop laughing at this week's Roboco.

Also We Never Learn was a lot of fun but I kind of wish that this was an actual mini arc where Yuiga did actually end up in a giant relationship with everyone.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Magu-chan is really good.

It's clever to frame this evil god being benevolent to his "Follower" by insisting that she be "more selfish", as an excuse to help her.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

muscles like this! posted:

I was just nonstop laughing at this week's Roboco.

Also We Never Learn was a lot of fun but I kind of wish that this was an actual mini arc where Yuiga did actually end up in a giant relationship with everyone.
It probably wouldn't have been a great way to end the manga, but not gonna lie I was kinda disappointed that isn't what happened when I saw route 6/5.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

It probably wouldn't have been a great way to end the manga, but not gonna lie I was kinda disappointed that isn't what happened when I saw route 6/5.

Even the order of the endings seemed like it gave credence from most likely to least likely . The 5/5 was clearly the absolute fan favorite given the poll rankings but made the least narrative sense for obvious reasons. Suddenly swerving hard in a completely different direction would almost feel like reading a different series.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Romance manga do a polycule ending you cowards" 2020 challenge

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

pentyne posted:

Even the order of the endings seemed like it gave credence from most likely to least likely . The 5/5 was clearly the absolute fan favorite given the poll rankings but made the least narrative sense for obvious reasons. Suddenly swerving hard in a completely different direction would almost feel like reading a different series.

Fumino was probably more likely than Rizu, but yeah.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I liked senpai and sensei routes a lot, but all the routes that involved time skipping basically just dodged what the other girls were doing in order to justify them. Though rizu route highlighted it the most with Sekijou just recapping everyone just disappearing for reasons.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Allarion posted:

I liked senpai and sensei routes a lot, but all the routes that involved time skipping basically just dodged what the other girls were doing in order to justify them. Though rizu route highlighted it the most with Sekijou just recapping everyone just disappearing for reasons.

I think all the routes were good besides Rizu, although I am a huge fan of Sekijou pretty much taking over Rizu's route which is v funny.

Also it's not that uncommon for people in high school to fade out of your life move on and do other things.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I read through the swimming friend ending, "that was pretty good", found out the author was doing an ending for each of them and decided nah, i'm good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

I read through the swimming friend ending, "that was pretty good", found out the author was doing an ending for each of them and decided nah, i'm good.

I'll acknowledge your devotion to one girl.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

chumbler posted:

I'll acknowledge your devotion to best girl.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This week's jjk was very confusing to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't like when they just remove half the connective tissue from the story like that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jjk occasionally forgets what a transition is

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

This week's jjk was very confusing to me

This was the opposite for me It's just a series of flashes to what different people were doing in the leadup to the current moment.

First is Todo and his partner showing up on the 5th subway floor where Gojo used his domain expansion for a split second. This was already stated to not have killed any of the humans present but has left them catatonic.

Second is after Jogo (the fire curse) dropped his meteor where Panda and the other Exorcist are basically aware of Sukuna being active.

Third shows that even though Mei-Mei was about to fight the fake Geto, it apparently wasn't going her way and her brother's ability activated sending them somewhere safe. She's basically written off Japan as a loss and is securing her money as is her character. I can at least rest well knowing she made it out alive.

Chose is still mindfucked from Itadori's "power of friendship" ability so he might actually be joining the good guys temporarily.

And last is Mahito finally getting dunked on and shoved into a pokeball while the imposter Geto finally reveals his hand. Apparently he's taking credit for Yuji's current circumstances

To be fair I actually re-read most of this arc so I think that's the missing ingredient. Otherwise it's referencing stuff from almost last year at the earliest so people are going to feel lost.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The one thing I don't understand about this weeks JJK, is why Mahito attacked Getou

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

The one thing I don't understand about this weeks JJK, is why Mahito attacked Getou

well since he is a curse made based from humanity, he inherently knew Getou would always betray him in the end. it also signifies whatever is possessing Getou is human-ish and not a curse

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

Magu-chan is really good.

It's clever to frame this evil god being benevolent to his "Follower" by insisting that she be "more selfish", as an excuse to help her.

A child should be selfish. To expect a child or even an adult to be selfless all the time is an unhealthy expectation--as is shown in the latest Magu-chan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sensei ending deserves an OVA at least :colbert: