Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThingOne posted:

That's because we mostly saw him with the Scabbards who are also huge (except for Izo who's a little baby man).

Like Kiku is twice the size of Izo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like Kiku is twice the size of Izo.

Kiku got all the dominant genes while izo got all the recessive ones :hmmyes:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

Wait I just realized the fish is fighting a bunch of cats

Holy poo poo I didn't even think of this :vince:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maybe Who’s Who lead the Spade pirates after Ace left

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It's Gin who lead the Krieg Pirates during the timeskip and is lying about his age.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My favorite dumb theory about Who's Who that falls apart under any real scrutiny:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Maybe he’s her brother or nephew. Sorta like my dumb theory that Catarina Devon is the sister of Usopp’s Mom.

Edit: Also, I’m seeing some spoilers for Chapter 999 on Reddit. Apparently Kaido DOES have a Devil Fruit; A Mythical Zoan called the Uo Uo no Mi, or Fish Fish Fruit, likely in reference to the legend of a Carp swimming up a Waterfall and turning into a Dragon.

That’s right, Kaido are the Magikarp fruit and evolved into Gyarados. And he’s not even a Shiny!

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Dec 15, 2020

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I wish op would go totally digital

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

i am tim! posted:

Maybe he’s her brother or nephew. Sorta like my dumb theory that Catarina Devon is the sister of Usopp’s Mom.

Edit: Also, I’m seeing some spoilers for Chapter 999 on Reddit. Apparently Kaido DOES have a Devil Fruit; A Mythical Zoan called the Uo Uo no Mi, or Fish Fish Fruit, likely in reference to the legend of a Carp swimming up a Waterfall and turning into a Dragon.

That’s right, Kaido are the Magikarp fruit and evolved into Gyarados. And he’s not even a Shiny!

And apparently Big Mom gave it to him on the day they left the Rocks pirates.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I don’t, it sounds rad af to be a Japanese kid waiting for the new issue of One Piece to come in the mail every week (and those other series too ig), even if I’m a thirty one year old American reading on a smartphone.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It would totally end spoilers. Chainsaw man did it. Not for that reason ofc. Also I imagine those kids would be just as happy reading digital

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

i am tim! posted:

:kamina:

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I choose to believe Kaido has the koi koi fruit, which awakened after he made it up the waterfall :colbert:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i get that the fruit name is just a fun thing about how its not really a fish anymore its a dragon, this is entirely a tangent: what would happen if you ate a devil fruit that turned you into a fish like a shark or a trout or something? would you still drown? I know we've seen a fishman eat a fruit before, but this is different since fishmen can innately live underwater, this would be the fruit giving the ability (presumably, since fish need water) so would it be rescinded?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's Tuesday, man

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yeah and my text above had basically nothing to do with the spoilers but was a tangental question based on them so i tagged it out of courtesy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julias posted:

My favorite dumb theory about Who's Who that falls apart under any real scrutiny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfBhIM5tb4

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's Tuesday, man

It’s cool to read questions about spoilers based on an engrish translated blog post of someone who hlanced at the chapter. This is the intended reading experience and authentic to the Japanese

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I don't want to go on a boring adventure like that

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
I do, it's great fun!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont think theres been a marine animal zoan yet
And i feel there wont ever be

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Reading the tea leaves of thrice translated spoilers four full days before the chapter is even scanned is a staple of the One Piece thread. Y’all should know what to expect when you see spoiler bars before the weekend when the official translation is out.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Paper Lion posted:

yeah and my text above had basically nothing to do with the spoilers but was a tangental question based on them so i tagged it out of courtesy.

I mean, thank you for using tags, but it's pretty annoying that the thread becomes a FOIA document only two days after the official chapter came out

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I honestly feel like this thread rarely actually talks about spoilers, but it being the run-up to chapter 1000 and hype building, it makes some sense for it to start now

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I wanna read the scattered spoilers days before the chapter. Then I wanna read the meme filled garbage scans. Then I wanna read the official chapter. Then I wanna read the entire arc again when it's done. Then I wanna read the colour manga when it eventually comes out. Then I wanna read the entire manga from the start. Frankly, spoilers should come out the day after the last chapter, so I never stop thinking about One Piece.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Reading the tea leaves of thrice translated spoilers four full days before the chapter is even scanned is a staple of the One Piece thread. Y’all should know what to expect when you see spoiler bars before the weekend when the official translation is out.
I feel like discussing spoilers before there’s even a scan should be frowned upon. They usually appear on Tuesdays, and that means that there’s five days out of seven that people who only read the officials can browse this thread without being super careful. And we all know that sometimes people gently caress up their tags or quote a post incorrectly and accidentally give details away! Spoiler tags aren’t much of a safeguard against boring adventures.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

I wanna read the scattered spoilers days before the chapter. Then I wanna read the meme filled garbage scans. Then I wanna read the official chapter. Then I wanna read the entire arc again when it's done. Then I wanna read the colour manga when it eventually comes out. Then I wanna read the entire manga from the start. Frankly, spoilers should come out the day after the last chapter, so I never stop thinking about One Piece.

this

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

I feel like discussing spoilers before there’s even a scan should be frowned upon. They usually appear on Tuesdays, and that means that there’s five days out of seven that people who only read the officials can browse this thread without being super careful. And we all know that sometimes people gently caress up their tags or quote a post incorrectly and accidentally give details away! Spoiler tags aren’t much of a safeguard against boring adventures.

Yh

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Every chapter should end with a double page spread of misleadingly picked panels from the next chapter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mail a copy of chapter 1000 to everyone of the world imo.

Make it an event like how everyone in South America gathered together to watch Goku and Frieza save the universe.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Every chapter should end with a double page spread of misleadingly picked panels from the next chapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuNOt7lNmkk

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1338910281963958272

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
i like not having spoilers in this thread

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont think theres been a marine animal zoan yet
And i feel there wont ever be

Not exactly the same thing, but Smiley had an axolotl devil fruit, which is an animal that thrives underwater. Page One's Spinosaurus fruit is also a sort of aquatic dinosaur.

So Oda has dipped his toes in, but I think he realizes how boring it would be to have a marine animal zoan that can't function underwater.

Though maybe that guy from Whitebeard's allied forces who looked like a walrus might be a walrus zoan?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

EmmyOk posted:

as a person who owns 95 volumes of One Piece I cannot disagree more

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Bleck posted:

They still make printed volumes of digital manga.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bleck posted:

Ethiser posted:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ethiser posted:

they also make digital pages of printed manga, so I suddenly don't understand what the distinction is

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bleck posted:

they also make digital pages of printed manga, so I suddenly don't understand what the distinction is

What that poster was saying is that since the chapters initially release digitally instead of via weekly physical release, there aren't any early spoilers/scanlations due to leakers. They are wishing for One Piece to not get preemptive spoilers and leaks before the official release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Maybe instead of Oda switching to a digital release we could make his life easier by just having a spoiler thread and a non-spoiler thread.