Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Manager Hoyden posted:

Not that it really matters now, but there's a big difference between "that nation defeated the US" and "the US was unable to achieve specific goals under its self-imposed limitations"

It's like a bobybuilder trying to get a toddler to wear pants. Yeah the toddler might keep those pants off but you wouldn't exactly say the toddler defeated the bodybuilder in combat.

The metaphor would be more accurate by saying 'the body builder could only get the toddler to wear pants by killing it and stuffing the cooling corpse into the pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Anyway, if Texas seceded and the US had a mind to, and even if somehow Texas successfully seized all materiel with in its borders, they would burn us to the ground worse than Sherman ever dreamed

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

zoux posted:

Anyway, if Texas seceded and the US had a mind to, and even if somehow Texas successfully seized all materiel with in its borders, they would burn us to the ground worse than Sherman ever dreamed

Agreed.

zoux posted:

Personally I would move to Montana.

I am still trying to figure out how big of a mistake I may have made by moving to dallas from louisiana.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

zoux posted:

Personally I would move to Montana.

Bah! The clear answer is to join the Sam Houston Underground, honoring the best Texas Founding Father's wish to never succeed from the union by engaging in insurgency against the Texas Republic forces and providing aid and intelligence to Union forces.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

syntaxrigger posted:

I am still trying to figure out how big of a mistake I may have made by moving to dallas from louisiana.

The worst of Texas vs Louisiana.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/robillard/status/1338951199362609152?s=21

No, Joe

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

God, Biden has the same folksy loser energy as generations of loser Texas democrats. He's lucky he was hand picked by Obama.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FYI
https://twitter.com/SarahforHD134/status/1338954822867972099

Th....thank you Sarah Davis-chan

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 15, 2020

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Some unlucky Houston-area HVAC repairman got the scare of his life at the hands of a disgraced cop turned QAnon:
https://twitter.com/SchwartzChron/status/1338956972268326913

Houston Chronicle posted:

Aguirre ran his SUV into the back of a truck belonging to an air conditioner repairman he had been surveilling, convinced the truck contained 750,000 fraudulent ballots. Aguirre then pointed his gun at the repairman, forced him to the ground and put his knee on the man’s back, prosecutors said. No ballots were found in the truck.
[...]
Aguirre was fired from the Houston Police Department in January 2003, over his handling of a street-racing raid in which 278 people were arrested in a Kmart parking lot....

edit: dammit zoux

My condolences to all of the future procrastinators who will be scrambling to renew their tags and file their taxes in back-to-back days

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Notably, Steve Hotze's dumbass lawsuit had Mr. Aguirre as an affiant.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This reminded me: you need a gold star on your TX driver's license now to get through airport security.

I guess I'll have to figure that out between now and the end of the pandemic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my car registration expired in july. do i save $100 by waiting until next july to get it renewed? i drive about one mile a day so not really worried about getting stopped

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the cutoff to just get it renewed and waive the fee is six months

source: I got caught after two years

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

the cutoff to just get it renewed and waive the fee is six months

source: I got caught after two years

How'd you get caught

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zoux posted:

How'd you get caught

a cop was staking out the UNT entrance, checking for that specifically I assume

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Blotto_Otter posted:

Some unlucky Houston-area HVAC repairman got the scare of his life at the hands of a disgraced cop turned QAnon:

That fucker needs to be put away for decades. It's one thing to Internet Warrior your way through unbelievable bullshit, but when you draw down on someone, you need to be separated from society.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

i say swears online posted:

my car registration expired in july. do i save $100 by waiting until next july to get it renewed? i drive about one mile a day so not really worried about getting stopped

I've been wondering about this too. Mine expired after October. Does my registration restart when I register again, or from the date in which it expired?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It starts from whenever you get it inspected/registered

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i let mine lapse last year for a couple months because i wasn't driving much. expired in july, i got it inspected and registered in october, but my new sticker was still 07-19 to 07-20

that's why i wanted to wait, seems expensive for just a few months if i have to do it again next july

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

smoobles posted:

This reminded me: you need a gold star on your TX driver's license now to get through airport security.

Real ID doesn't go into effect until October 1, 2021.

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

saintonan posted:

Real ID doesn't go into effect until October 1, 2021.

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

Oh nice!

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

zoux posted:

Notably, Steve Hotze's dumbass lawsuit had Mr. Aguirre as an affiant.

That name seems to keep coming up, hmm weird

https://twitter.com/stjbs/status/1338984241804288003

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Nice, so he'll have money to pay the judgment.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
My apartment complex threatened to tow my car so I had to do my registration anyway :negative:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

JosefStalinator posted:

My apartment complex threatened to tow my car so I had to do my registration anyway :negative:

gently caress an apartment complex. They can all suck my filthy taint

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

JosefStalinator posted:

jesus christ

my weed dealer's apartment complex makes you install an app and check into individual guest parking spots with the apartment you're visiting. i do not do so

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Panty Saluter posted:

gently caress an apartment complex. They can all suck my filthy taint

Landlords are bad, my hot take.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I've been wondering about this too. Mine expired after October. Does my registration restart when I register again, or from the date in which it expired?

It seems to be based on when your registration last expired. Regardless of when you register again, your new registration sticker will expire in October 2021.

Source:
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/governor-abbott-extends-online-vehicle-registration-renewal-date

One other annoying thing, if your registration lapses by more than 9 months, you won't be able to get your new registration online--you'll have to do it in person.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gently caress

thank you for posting that but i'm still mad

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

JosefStalinator posted:

Landlords are bad, my hot take.

My current and previous landlords have both been pretty drat good. Apartment complexes? Not so much.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my roommate is my landlord and last week he tried to throw out the silverware and replace it with plastic stuff because it's easier to clean and/or toss. our dishwasher broke 16 months ago and he's too cheap to replace it so he washes everything by hand. we had a stern talking-to about being an adult and at least i have my silverware back

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys should all buy houses. Think about it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's insane that the austin suburban sprawl is hitting taylor now. i have a wedding to go to in buda/wimberley/dripping springs on saturday and i'm sure i'll be revolted at what i see

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
laughs in dfw-houston-san antonio

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

it wasn't supposed to happen here!!!!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

i say swears online posted:

it's insane that the austin suburban sprawl is hitting taylor now. i have a wedding to go to in buda/wimberley/dripping springs on saturday and i'm sure i'll be revolted at what i see

Dude even bitty-rear end Waco is getting some Domain style apartments and shops over by Baylor. They're also gentrifying the hell out of the old red light district - rebuilt all the infrastructure and everything.

Now that I think about it, I hope we get a bunch of prostitution themed shops. The tone's about right

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

So what went down in the Austin city council runoff? I’m hearing vague stuff about District 6 electing a nut job?

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

In the Valley, everything is sprawling north into what was once ranchlands north of Edinburg. They're building 2,000sqft homes on tiny lots for over $300k, it's crazy (for reference, I bought a 2,800sqft house on a 10,000ft lot in 2018 for $200k).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LanceHunter posted:

So what went down in the Austin city council runoff? I’m hearing vague stuff about District 6 electing a nut job?

They literally elected Romeo Roses ex gf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

IT BURNS posted:

2,000sqft homes on tiny lots for over $300k,

Please don’t call out Montrose like this??