Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Y’all know Shinji would have fallen into the endless hole of Undertale AUs, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Rei woudl've been all over Undertale

Shinji would've made the Evangelion universe's equivalent of Freeman's Mind

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Shinji was an LPer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shinji was

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That moment when you realize that Unit-01 is just a super hosed up VR rig for Yui.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Mari is a mixed reality Beat Saber streaming superstar

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rei only plays Heiankyo Alien

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

kaworu only does pacifist runs and is really into deus ex

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Surprisingly Dope posted:

yeah that fight is so sick

I just rewatched that scene thanks to that gif, and goddamn that rivals anything in the series or Rebuilds for quality. The animation is astounding.

Also 40 new posts in the Eva thread! Oh it’s all fanfic about video games.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Sega Genesis Evangelion

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

nine-gear crow posted:

Sega Genesis Evangelion

At least there was a payoff to the fanfic. :golfclap:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

nine-gear crow posted:

Sega Genesis Evangelion

Can't wait for its inspirational progeny:

Sega Saturn Gurren Lagann

Edit: also; Dolphin in the Franxx

Robviously fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 26, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
They Called the Third Xbox the Eureka Seven

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Virtual-On Boy

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Game Boy Bebop

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They Called the Third Dragon Ball the Dragon Ball 3

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Robviously posted:

Can't wait for its inspirational progeny:

Sega Saturn Gurren Lagann

DreamCastXephon

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Gendo plays Minecraft exclusively, but he doesn’t like do intricate structures or redstone fuckery or anything, he just sort of putts around making dinky little sheds and digging holes into magma caves

fairlight
May 18, 2007

I hope 3.0+1.0 gets postponed again. and again

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Coxswain Balls posted:

Get PMs scrub, trying to send you something
i’ve gotten PMs like ten times! are you sure you’re doing it right?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

TenementFunster posted:

i’ve gotten PMs like ten times! are you sure you’re doing it right?

Don't bans strip plat or something? i don't see an icon by ur name friend.

serial port experiments Lain

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

T-man posted:

kaworu only does pacifist runs and is really into deus ex

He's tried to get Shinji into Planescape Torment but Shinji doesn't "do" fantasy

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Who are the ones who prefer Fallout New Vegas and 3, respectively?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Regalingualius posted:

Who are the ones who prefer Fallout New Vegas and 3, respectively?

Toji plays Fallout 4, Kensuke players Fallout New Vegas and Shinji plays Fallout 3.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Regalingualius posted:

Fallout New Vegas

oh hey i love that game too bad it's the only 3D fallout game and they never made any more

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

T-man posted:

Don't bans strip plat or something?
n-n-n-nani?!?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Asuka is obviously a hardcore fighting game enthusiast, the Low Tier God of the Evangelion world.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Weird BIAS posted:

I don't think so. If you mean Toji's sister Sakura, she doesn't look like that (the winter girl has blue eyes instead of brown and the hair is a different shade from most of the cast). Also by 3.0 does winter even exist anymore? It hadn't in the original series. I can't rule out that this person is someone beyond all that has transpired so far, either further in the past or future since that's felt like a theme.

Who are you???

Isn’t this just a young Asuka? The hair is due to a hue shift with it being ‘cold’.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They have a nice hat if nothing else. I'd love that hat.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Isn’t this just a young Asuka? The hair is due to a hue shift with it being ‘cold’.

It’s possible. My main question becomes when and where this is then. Especially after reading about the sci fi novel the subtitle likely comes from, Thrice Upon a Time by James P Hogan.

Like I don’t think Asuka would be so young here that winter still exists. And then I don’t think we got the impression that other parts of the world didn’t have the same issue Japan had of permanent summer that it can be explained that way.

This being the series it is and all the hints dropped that hit like sledgehammers, I honestly think this is the 1.0 of 3.0+1.0, the repeat :| as in the title. And it’s different somehow from the other timeline of rebuild or the og series. It’s funny if this is going to be a retake of the wacky slice of life for Shinji from 26.

Nate RFB posted:

They have a nice hat if nothing else. I'd love that hat.

This merch I want as well.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Weird BIAS posted:

This being the series it is and all the hints dropped that hit like sledgehammers, I honestly think this is the 1.0 of 3.0+1.0, the repeat :| as in the title. And it’s different somehow from the other timeline of rebuild or the og series. It’s funny if this is going to be a retake of the wacky slice of life for Shinji from 26.

I found a great video the other day breaking down what the importance of the titles mean to the series and it was an absolutely fantastic watch that tweaked to something no one else seems to have noticed yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ops28EQoEM

In every official publication regarding the series, the colons are included in the number abbreviations of the titles, and it's because they're not punctuation, they're musical instructions. So it's not 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.0+1.0, it's :1.0, :2.0, :3.0, and :3.0+1.0--ie: Repeat 1.0, Repeat 2.0, Repeat 3.0, and Repeat 3.0+1.0. The implication being we're seeing at least the second iteration of whatever timeline the Rebuild films are following, and the :‖ of the katakana title in musical terms basically means "repeat the last bar of notes, and THEN end the song."

So if the Rebuild films are iteration 2, then :3.0+1.0/:‖ is going to go back and repeat things a third time around, hopefully not loving everything up this time, and then finally reaching a real, definitive proper ending. So if it's restarting the story for a third time in a row, then you'd start it with, in terms of ye olde storytelling "Thrice upon a time..."

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Archer666 posted:

Asuka is obviously a hardcore fighting game enthusiast, the Low Tier God of the Evangelion world.

"You said that Ryu was inspirational, idiot Shinji?! [Get that rear end banned, but in German]"

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I found a great video the other day breaking down what the importance of the titles mean to the series and it was an absolutely fantastic watch that tweaked to something no one else seems to have noticed yet

In every official publication regarding the series, the colons are included in the number abbreviations of the titles, and it's because they're not punctuation, they're musical instructions. So it's not 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.0+1.0, it's :1.0, :2.0, :3.0, and :3.0+1.0--ie: Repeat 1.0, Repeat 2.0, Repeat 3.0, and Repeat 3.0+1.0. The implication being we're seeing at least the second iteration of whatever timeline the Rebuild films are following, and the :‖ of the katakana title in musical terms basically means "repeat the last bar of notes, and THEN end the song."

So if the Rebuild films are iteration 2, then :3.0+1.0/:‖ is going to go back and repeat things a third time around, hopefully not loving everything up this time, and then finally reaching a real, definitive proper ending. So if it's restarting the story for a third time in a row, then you'd start it with, in terms of ye olde storytelling "Thrice upon a time..."

Yeah this is basically confirming a lot for me about the titles but couldn't know completely because I don't know Japanese. Very good vid.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Weird BIAS posted:

Like I don’t think Asuka would be so young here that winter still exists. And then I don’t think we got the impression that other parts of the world didn’t have the same issue Japan had of permanent summer that it can be explained that way.

Bethany Base looked pretty cold to me

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Yeah, the Rebuilds had a very different Second Impact - Antarctica still exists, for one - so, the 'eternal Summer' from the original series probably doesn't apply to the Rebuild world. Fairly sure it's snowing wherever it is they're preparing to launch the Wunder in Rebuild 3, too.

Speaking of 3.33 and whatever happened between 2 and 3, the Wunder holds the original MAGI.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
wait do we have an idea of how many times this has looped? i mean, i assume it could be infinite... bit we're only seeing two loops, yeah?

1 Original series and EoE
2 Rebuilds

Though i suppose you can interpet EoE as the end of a different loop depending on how you read the last eps of the anime yah?

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

Theoretically as many times as possible depending on how the repeats are to be interpretted. As in the rebuild movies are titled, :1.0 :2.0 :3.0 and then :3.0+1.0. To be specific with () to indicate an implied meaning, (the) repeat(ed) 1.0 (the) repeat(ed) 2.0. (the) repeat(ed) 3.0 and then (the) repeat(ed) 3.0 and 1.0

Note the last 1.0 may just be a repeat of the original 1.0 so to speak, however it could also imply it's a new 1.0

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

nine-gear crow posted:

imagine if the plot actually conveyed this aside from like 1 line by kaworu

at least the ramiel fight redo was cool

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
How many sexy Kaworu boxes were on the moon??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

How many sexy Kaworu boxes were on the moon??

Nine in total. Four are already open, and Kaworu climbs out of the fifth one, leaving four more yet to be opened. The first three in the line are placed outside the blood stain that runs across the moon, from number four onward they're all located inside the blood stain.