Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Posted by the former Ford factory worker making 30 bucks an hour screwing in door panels and now cries about his pension going bloop but wants the government to cover it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

CuddleCryptid posted:

That's a kitchen knife

When you spend you whole time going oooraaah guns guns wanna gently caress guns you can't give bad people guns because it might make you sympathise with them and no one has worked out how to make a racist dog whistle gun yet

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Twelve by Pies posted:

What does intelligence have to do with being able to pay for something? Why should only rich kids get to be doctors? "Sorry Timmy, but your family is poor, so get working on a minimum wage dead end job instead of trying to make a better life for yourself!"

That also is literally how health insurance works and they think that's the greatest thing in the world.

Well in their defense they don't know how health insurance works at all. They think insurance providers are medical providers and that insurance is just how they pay all the medical costs.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
From my pops -

Dear Mr. President:

During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive
Shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive
Brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ringtone.

While glancing over her
Patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed
Me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the
Result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly
Acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance.

It is a culture based on the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me".

Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care
Difficulties will disappear.

Respectfully,
STARNER JONES, MD
If you agree...pass it on

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo that's still going around

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The "gold teeth are wasteful and excessive!" thing always gets me. Gold alloy may be more expensive than other kinds of dental fillings, but it's also more durable and less reactive, and it doesn't damage or discolor neighboring teeth. I feel like a real, decent physician would know that gold fillings are a better value than the alternatives, but...do I even need to finish that sentence?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pththya-lyi posted:

The "gold teeth are wasteful and excessive!" thing always gets me. Gold alloy may be more expensive than other kinds of dental fillings, but it's also more durable and less reactive, and it doesn't damage or discolor neighboring teeth. I feel like a real, decent physician would know that gold fillings are a better value than the alternatives, but...do I even need to finish that sentence?

Yeah I think the meme is referencing rappers with gold teeth period.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ah yes, I would like to purchase (1) health insurance please, Mr. Merchant. Oh what? Several hundred dollars per month? And I have to pay 10,000 dollars out of pocket before it will cover anything? And I'm being told this is a good insurance that I should feel lucky to qualify for?

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Besides the dogwhistles.txt nature of it, I love the famously expensive luxury of pretzels. There’s no way to self-flagellate enough if you’re poor, someone is always going to be critical of your food choices. “Looks like someone is treating themselves to flavored nutrient gruel on my tax dollars.”

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

STARNER JONES, MD posted:

It is a culture based on the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me".

What do you want to bet that this is a guy (alleged medical degree notwithstanding) that doesn't want the gummint to tell him to wear a mask?

Doughy white suburbanite Boomers screeching about wearing a mask is muh freedom. Black people who dare to buy items that taste good in the grocery store is irresponsibility, of course.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That first paragraph is so full of dog whistles I'm surprised they said 'pretzels and beer' later on.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

What do you want to bet that this is a guy (alleged medical degree notwithstanding) that doesn't want the gummint to tell him to wear a mask?

Doughy white suburbanite Boomers screeching about wearing a mask is muh freedom. Black people who dare to buy items that taste good in the grocery store is irresponsibility, of course.

I quickly searched for it and it's been around since at least 2007, but yeah, definitely an anti-masker.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Do the people complaining about moochers on medicaid or whatever have good health coverage themselves?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Medullah posted:

I quickly searched for it and it's been around since at least 2007, but yeah, definitely an anti-masker.

The expensive ring tone didn't give it away?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lol, I'm the equipped R&B ringtone
Efb

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Medullah posted:

From my pops -

Seems this actually started from a chud doctor, I googled his name and got this:

https://www.liveabout.com/dr-roger-starner-jones-on-us-health-care-crisis-3299392

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I mean, I bet there's people out there that think buying ringtones is still a thing

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Pththya-lyi posted:

It also didnt happen so dont bother trying to give them credit.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Let's be real, any dental care that wasn't their tooth being ripped out by a pair of pliers would be scoffed as being too good for a poor blackthug.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Holy poo poo that's still going around

It's still so insane that nobody that reads this and edits it and updates it bothers to remove the part about the ring tone. They usually try to at least not have them be obviously dated but come on

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well to be fair it’s for broke brained boomers who still think it’s the early aughts. I don’t want them to have Medicaid! (Just because I’m on disability doesn’t mean “those people” should get any).

The thing that gets me is we pay more to keep people off insurance than it would be just to give everyone healthcare. Who the gently caress do you think pays for people’s medical bills when they file for bankruptcy? It all comes out of your precious tax dollars one way or another.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The R&B ringtone part is just in there to be racist so the reader knows we're talking about black people to make sure they aren't tempted to feel sorry for the poor person who would be kicked off Medicaid.

Ringtones were like $2, it was never a serious financial complaint even when the meme was current, aint nobody paying for chemotherapy with the $2 they saved on Beyonce ringtones

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
God what is it with those types and their overuse of ellipses.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It's still so insane that nobody that reads this and edits it and updates it bothers to remove the part about the ring tone. They usually try to at least not have them be obviously dated but come on

I mean the fact its referring to the sitting president who is still Trump for a little under a month is pretty funny.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Dear President TRUMP ,
I’m so sick of seeing people who don’t work with their camera phones and DSL internet in their homes doing nothing but using Friendster all day. Please fix this President TRUMP .

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I also like the variant where they'll do a superficial edit of "USA" to "Britain" or "Canada" or whatever, but the body of the text will still be yelling about the second amendment and 1776 and poo poo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

borkencode posted:

Besides the dogwhistles.txt nature of it, I love the famously expensive luxury of pretzels. There’s no way to self-flagellate enough if you’re poor, someone is always going to be critical of your food choices. “Looks like someone is treating themselves to flavored nutrient gruel on my tax dollars.”

Something something webmaster something something patreon funded cookies.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

letthereberock posted:

Dear President TRUMP ,
I’m so sick of seeing people who don’t work with their camera phones and DSL internet in their homes doing nothing but using Friendster all day. Please fix this President TRUMP .

Dear Mister President,
People love to point out the myriad inequities that exist within the system, and yet minorities are still allowed to exist without directly benefitting me. Really makes you think :thunk:

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think the dog whistle's purpose flipped sometime around 2011, since there's this one and a gun store one which both are just baiting you to call them on it, as a trigger for clever responses like:

"TRAP SPRUNG, LIBTARD. I NEVER ACTUALLY SAID BLACK! NOW WHO'S THE REAL RACIST?"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I also like the variant where they'll do a superficial edit of "USA" to "Britain" or "Canada" or whatever, but the body of the text will still be yelling about the second amendment and 1776 and poo poo.

Yeah in Australia they always have weird incongruous elements that clearly out them as American in origin, I'm pretty sure that when people here talk about the constitutional right to free speech they have entirely picked it up wholesale from email fwds

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I like the obvious rebranded from America forwards that bang on about THE CONSTITUTION. Like what exactly about the Australian constitution is under threat Uncle Graeme, the federal executive council?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

As far as I can tell our constitution is a document designed to cement loving over western Australia in law. Unclear what other purpose it achieves since that alone seems worthwhile

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

As far as I can tell our constitution is a document designed to cement loving over western Australia in law. Unclear what other purpose it achieves since that alone seems worthwhile

I would love to know more if you can sum it up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It's 2020 and they still think they're going to be thrown into lion pits.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That or they're worried that they're not actually that good at living up to the ideals of those labels and so just loudly announce it on social media rather than throwing themselves into helping the community.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

WAR ON CHRISTMAS

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
I'm proud to use "Punctuation" marks & Capitalize
"Important" special Secret Meaning Words like;

Being a Middle School dropout or Unmedicated Psychotic person !

93% won't SHARE and LIKE
or INVITE ME TO FAMILY EVENTS

P.S. this is important because the words are in a picture

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 28, 2020

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Trivia posted:

God what is it with those types and their overuse of ellipses.

"i had to stop here and compose my thoughts, I presume my audience is also only capable of thinking in a few words at a time"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

They NEED to think that they're about to be thrown into the Totally A Thing That Happened Lion Pits