Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

cargohills posted:

That's a very weird response to a perfectly innocuous post.

Yeah I feel like I remember this happening once before, maybe there should be a coda to this rule that states "people expressing attraction to movie stars is not 'telling us what movies you masturbate to' "

Basically there's a very wide spectrum between "wow Brad Pitt is pretty darn hot" and "therefor I JOed 37 times to Benjamin Button" and the original post is firmly in the "not at all creepy or awkward" end of the spectrum

EDIT: just a world class page snipe, please use this page to continue NOT breaking rule 2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Wrong thread

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 30, 2020

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Peccadillo posted:

Sweet Home's pretty good, it has a Korean David Koechner

Did you watch all 10 eps or whatever?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I mean, holy gently caress:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lol

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

PeterCat posted:

2a) I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

I really can't believe this has to be a codified rule, how horrible is that? Just stop and think about it for one second, I actually had to sit here and type this thing out here saying that nobody in the entire course of human civilization wants to know what movies you jerk off to. Don't tell us, don't tell us, don't tell us. I will probate the gently caress out of you disgusting orangutan-rear end motherfuckers, Jesus Christ, just don't do it.

You ok man?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

Sweet Home's pretty good, it has a Korean David Koechner

Only four episodes in, but I love the ridiculous metalcore song they use for the big action scenes. The monster designs from the original comic are well realized, too, but it's funny how fast paced the show is compared to the comic. The fight with the protein monster takes one episode when it was literal months in the comic.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
People watching Fight Club: "Huh, Brad Pitt is pretty hunky in a slightly disturbing kind of way."

Brad Pitt: "Hold my beer."

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Sorry everyone, I shouldn't post before I've had my coffee.

I got the same rule posted at me when I posted a clip from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle referencing two characters watching The Gift to see Katie Holmes boobs.

I only posted the clip because the Sam Raimi movie came up in discussion.

Troy is interesting because the men in it are fetishized to a much greater degree than the women, despite literally having Helen of Troy in the movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

PeterCat posted:

2a) I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

drat. I didn't even say anything overtly or explicitly sexual! Lmao.

But for real, Brad Pitt's entire torso is sort of amazing in the movie—it's a character all its own and steals an entire scene in the film. Like, good lord. I have a greater appreciation for the male form and I feel like Brad Pitt as Achilles has to be like one the most aesthetically pleasing characters put to film; my apologies if any implied thirst on my part made you uncomfortable, lmao.

PeterCat posted:

Troy is interesting because the men in it are fetishized to a much greater degree than the women, despite literally having Helen of Troy in the movie.

It's cool, man. 100% agree with this assessment though.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I mean, holy gently caress:

Yeah, exactly. He tops most of the dudes in 300 too, imo, just in terms of like aesthetic proportioning or whatever.

Movie is just ok. I like the fight between Hector and Achilles. Not the director's cut version though—the music in the theatrical cut that scores the fight is so much better.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Grendels Dad posted:

People watching Fight Club: "Huh, Brad Pitt is pretty hunky in a slightly disturbing kind of way."

Brad Pitt: "Hold my beer."

I read a good article (I think from Men's Health?) about how torturous and ridiculous it is to expect all male action stars to conform to a homogeneous idea of fit, and apparently the movie that set them all on dudes with huge muscles and 1% body fat was Fight Club.

Side note: one of the funniest moments in Fight Club is Brad loving Pitt looking at an underwear ad and saying "real men don't look like that."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Robert Pattinson's response to what training he was doing for The Batman while in quarantine for a GQ interview was pretty great:

GQ interview posted:

The film studio hired a trainer who left Pattinson with a Bosu ball, a single weight, and a sincere plea to use both, but right now, he says, he’s ignoring her. “I think if you’re working out all the time, you’re part of the problem,” he says, sighing. By “you” he means other actors. “You set a precedent. No one was doing this in the ’70s. Even James Dean—he wasn’t exactly ripped.” He says that back when he was the star of the Twilight franchise, “the one time they told me to take my shirt off, I think they told me to put it back on again.” But Batman is Batman. Pattinson called another actor on the film, Zoë Kravitz, the other day, and she said she was exercising five days a week during their exile from set. Pattinson, well: “Literally, I’m just barely doing anything,” he says, sighing again.

Lmao.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love this dude.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The entire interview is fascinating. There's a whole segment about a business idea he had for handheld pasta. https://www.gq.com/story/robert-pattinson-on-batman-tenet-isolation-june-cover

quote:

Last year, he says, he had a business idea. What if, he said to himself, “pasta really had the same kind of fast-food credentials as burgers and pizzas? I was trying to figure out how to capitalize in this area of the market, and I was trying to think: How do you make a pasta which you can hold in your hand?”

He says he went so far as to design a prototype that involved the use of a panini press, and then, he says, he went even further, setting up a meeting with Los Angeles restaurant royalty Lele Massimini, the cofounder of Sugarfish and the Santa Monica pasta restaurant Uovo. “And I told him my business plan,” Pattinson recalls, “and his facial expression didn’t even change afterwards. Let alone acknowledge what my plan was. There was absolutely no sign of anything from him, literally. And so it kind of put me off a little bit.” (Massimini says: “It’s 100 percent true, everything he told you.”)

Nevertheless, Pattinson says, he conceived of a brand name for his product, a soft little moniker that kind of summed up what he thought his pasta creation looked like: Piccolini Cuscino. Little Pillow. He thought he’d give the product another go, with me now: “Maybe if I say it in GQ, maybe, like, a partner will just come along.”

So he now takes hold of the bag that he’s brought from the corner store, out of which he produces the following:

One (1) giant, filthy, dust-covered box of cornflakes. (“I went to the shop, and they didn’t sell breadcrumbs. I’m like, ‘Oh, gently caress it! I’m just getting cornflakes. That’s basically the same poo poo.’ ”)

One (1) incredibly large novelty lighter. (“I always liked the idea of doing a little flambé, like the brand name, with kind of burnt ends at the top.”)

Nine (9) packs of presliced cheese. (“I got, like, nine packs of presliced cheese.”)

Sauce. (Like a tomato sauce? “Just any sauce.”)

He puts on latex gloves. He pulls out some sugar and some aluminum foil and makes a bed, a kind of hollowed-out sphere, with the foil. He holds up a box of penne pasta that he had in the house. “All right,” Pattinson says. “So obviously, first things first, you gotta microwave the pasta.”

I watch as he pours dry penne into a cereal bowl, covers it with water, and places it in the microwave for eight minutes. He says using penne is already new territory for him. Usually he uses…well… “Do you know the pasta that’s, like, a little, it’s like a blob, a sort of squiggly blob?”

“Gnocchi?”

“No, no, no, no, it looks like—what would you even call it? It looks like a sort of messy…like, the hair bun on a girl.”

“I have literally no idea what you’re talking about,” I say.

“There was one type of pasta that worked. It definitely wasn’t penne.”

Nevertheless, penne and water in the microwave for eight minutes. In the meantime, he takes the foil and he begins dumping sugar on top of it. “I found after a lot of experimentation that you really need to congeal everything in an enormous amount of sugar and cheese.” So after the sugar, he opens his first package of cheese and begins layering slice after slice onto the sugar-foil. Then more sugar: “It really needs a sugar crust.”

Then he realizes that he’s forgotten the outer layer, which is supposed to be breadcrumbs but today will be crushed-up cornflakes, and so he lifts the pile of cheese and sugar and crumbles some cornflakes onto the aluminum foil before placing the sugar-cheese back on top of it. Then he adds sauce, which is red. The microwave dings, and Pattinson promptly burns himself on the bowl of pasta. He sighs, heavily, looking at it. “No idea if it’s cooked or not.” He dumps the pasta in anyway. At this point, his spirits have visibly begun to flag. “I mean, there’s absolutely no chance this is gonna work. Absolutely none.”

The little pillow now mostly built, he pours more sugar on top of it and then produces the top half of a bun, which he hollows out, places it on top of the rest of whatever the hell this thing is, and…begins burning the top of the bun with the giant novelty lighter. “I’m just gonna do the initials.…”

“You look like you’re cooking meth,” I say, because he does.

“I’m really trying to sell this company. I’m doing this for my brand.”

At this point, he accidentally ignites one of his latex gloves, which promptly melts onto his palm. He yells in pain. Then he gingerly holds up the finished product: some approximation of a P, followed by a C, for Piccolini Cuscino, burned into the top of a hamburger bun.

He starts wrapping the whole thing up with more aluminum foil, and then compacts it, and then wraps it some more, and then squeezes it again. Suddenly he stops: “Can you actually put foil in an oven?”

I say yes, you can, but what you absolutely cannot do is put foil in a microwave. And he says cool, cool, and then he goes looking for his oven, which he’s never used before, and this is a nice house, so there are multiple options, and the one he settles on, well: It looks like another microwave to me. He assures me it is not.

“I reckon probably…10 minutes?”

He puts the aluminum sphere, the little pillow, into what he thinks is an oven and I think is a microwave. He attempts to turn it on. “I actually knew how to do this before,” he tells me. “I literally did this yesterday. And now it’s just impossible. It’s going to look like I can’t cook at all.”

He fumbles at some more buttons. “Oh, oh, oh,” he says, excitedly now. “A thousand watts, there you go.”

Proudly he is walking back toward the counter that his phone is on when, behind him, a lightning bolt erupts from the oven/microwave, and Pattinson ducks like someone outside has opened fire. He’s giggling and crouching as the oven throws off stray flickers of light and sound.

“The loving electricity…oh, my God,” he says, still on the floor. And then, with a loud, final bang, the oven/microwave goes dark.

In the silence, Pattinson and I both stare at the mysterious piece of machinery built into the wall behind him.

“Yeah, I think I have to leave that alone,” he says, sighing again, picking himself off the floor. “But that is a Piccolini Cuscino.”

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

PeterCat posted:

I got the same rule posted at me when I posted a clip from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle referencing two characters watching The Gift to see Katie Holmes boobs.

I only posted the clip because the Sam Raimi movie came up in discussion.

lol this is the exact instance I remembered happening that I mentioned in my post, where I thought "this doesnt really violate the rule..."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jesus loving christ, two months without unemployment payments because I made a little too much one week from part time work, and after finally getting to talk to a human being after 8 calls and 3+ hours of waiting and they refuse to even tell me how long it will be before they can look at my claim, much less release any payments, and they may decide to loving recalculate my payments to be less than what I was getting before.

gently caress this worthless country, I hope every member of the ruling class gets flayed the gently caress alive.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They found my cousin dead in a park the day after Christmas. This year continues to be super loving lovely.

RIP to Ozone from Breakin too electric boogaloo. Mother gently caress a 2020.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

ruddiger posted:

They found my cousin dead in a park the day after Christmas. This year continues to be super loving lovely.

Jesus, man, I’m sorry. That’s awful.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ruddiger posted:

gently caress man.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

ruddiger posted:

gently caress. I hope you're alright and things get less lovely for you real soon.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBHSzef9btE
Here's the angel video. It's in Icelandic unsubtitled and full of references that only Icelanders would know.

Angel sketch starts around 2:30

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I started watching The Mandalorian Show. I pointed at the screen and said "That's Grogu" when Grogu appeared. I also pointed at the screen and said "That's Werner Herzog" when Werner Herzong appeared. And "That's the circle wipe" when the circle wipe happened.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I started watching The Mandalorian Show. I pointed at the screen and said "That's Grogu" when Grogu appeared. I also pointed at the screen and said "That's Werner Herzog" when Werner Herzong appeared. And "That's the circle wipe" when the circle wipe happened.

I'm absolutely going to lean over to my parents and whisper "that's Werner Herzog" when Werner Herzog appears if my parents ever get Disney+

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ruddiger posted:

Sorry, that’s horrible.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skwirl posted:

I'm absolutely going to lean over to my parents and whisper "that's Werner Herzog" when Werner Herzog appears if my parents ever get Disney+

Going off the first two episodes I'm saying thw show is worth 7 bucks. Plus one of my resolutions next year is to learn Spanish, and they a ton of their shows have Spanish language options.

I don't know if Disney Plus has any value beyond that though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Going off the first two episodes I'm saying thw show is worth 7 bucks. Plus one of my resolutions next year is to learn Spanish, and they a ton of their shows have Spanish language options.

I don't know if Disney Plus has any value beyond that though

I've seen the show. My issue is beyond that and maybe Ducktales there's almost nothing I'm interested in on there. I like the Marvel films and the Pixar and Disney Renaissance stuff but I don't have any real need to rewatch any of it.

Loki and WandaVision look pretty cool though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ruddiger posted:

That is absolutely horrible. My condolences.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ruddiger posted:

I'm sorry to hear that, that's awful.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

teagone posted:

The entire interview is fascinating. There's a whole segment about a business idea he had for handheld pasta. https://www.gq.com/story/robert-pattinson-on-batman-tenet-isolation-june-cover

This man could buy and sell every one of us

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ruddiger posted:

Condolences.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ruddiger posted:

I'm so sorry.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Troy is such a bad historical movie and movie itself but man I can watch it all the time and always be entertained.

I wish there were more historical movies (even lovely ones) of that scale. I'm just a sucker for any ancient history interpretation in movies.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Digital Jedi posted:

Troy is such a bad historical movie and movie itself but man I can watch it all the time and always be entertained.

I wish there were more historical movies (even lovely ones) of that scale. I'm just a sucker for any ancient history interpretation in movies.

This is me with Gladiator

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My favorite historical movie of that type is Kingdom of Heaven: Director’s Cut. I also have a spot for Ben Hur.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Please tell me y'all have seen Spartacus.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

I, in fact, have not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gatts posted:

I, in fact, have not.

Fix that.

(Though I wrote that post before you posted yours and at least you've also seen Ben Hur).

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Skwirl posted:

Yeah it owns

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gatts posted:

I, in fact, have not.

Skwirl posted:

Fix that.

Will do. It's been on my list for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I’m just realizing now that Bong Joon Ho’s (arguably) 2 biggest movies are Parasite and The Host.