Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
SperglordFirecock IIRC. From what I recall he still posts in DND and actually has his head screwed on right these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kastein posted:

SperglordFirecock IIRC. From what I recall he still posts in DND and actually has his head screwed on right these days?

That’s him, he was posting in c-spam protest threads over the summer and his advice there wasn’t terrible.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Who was the guy that had a 60s VW bus (and something else, maybe a Crown Vic?) that he was trying to work on while living in an apartment in Arizona(?).

He was 3d printing a lot of new plastic pieces to replace broken poo poo.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Captain McAllister posted:

Who was the guy that had a 60s VW bus (and something else, maybe a Crown Vic?) that he was trying to work on while living in an apartment in Arizona(?).

He was 3d printing a lot of new plastic pieces to replace broken poo poo.

If I remember correctly, that was Queen Combat, who is a "she" but otherwise I believe matches your description

IIRC she became a nurse, so that would explain a recent slow-down in posting :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I believe she's still active on Reddit. The magic dragon bus got sold a long time ago.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Queen Combat left SA over the summer during the whole Lowtax debacle and was one of the people astroturfing for the bread and roses forum at that time. She also got one of her accounts banned for doxxing on the way out; not sure if all of them got popped or not. Either way, she's probably gone for good.

EDIT: That was not QC with the doxxing, sorry about that. Bans appear to have been reversed too.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 30, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wanted to reach out and apologize for being a dipshit to her. Guess I missed that opportunity.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Who was the dude with the International pickup and the Integra Type R he had hidden in his basement or something and never drove because it was his "retirement plan"?

I always think about how prescient he was whenever I see a Type R.

I also remember his International pickup and I didn't like trucks at the time, but now that I have one to tow race cars and stuff, I constantly think about his posts about how nice at low the bed was on that truck and how insanely jacked up and ridiculous truck are now.
My old 04 F150 2wd is so high for no reason at all I want to lower it like his International was stock :banjo:

Also LeTronFu and Dweezil were the funniest mother fuckers ever and AI was the worse for banning them.

Whatever happened to Sigtrap? He was a good guy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

aventari posted:

Who was the dude with the International pickup and the Integra Type R he had hidden in his basement or something and never drove because it was his "retirement plan"?

Pretty sure that's Trouserchili you're talking about and he posts here on a regular basis. He doesn't have an International anymore I don't think but he still has the ITR.

I don't remember him mentioning the ITR as a retirement plan, but at this point it sounds like a great plan :v:

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Oh I'm glad he still has it, I always liked him.

<---- I think it was RIMZunk who gave me this custom title :lol:

Just looking through some old files I wonder if anyone remembers this

aventari fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 29, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I knew a kid with a green (spray painted) Neon and he had multiple jackets that matched.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

aventari posted:

Just looking through some old files I wonder if anyone remembers this

This is Icy Hot Stuntaz vintage.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Pretty sure that's Trouserchili you're talking about and he posts here on a regular basis. He doesn't have an International anymore I don't think but he still has the ITR.

I don't remember him mentioning the ITR as a retirement plan, but at this point it sounds like a great plan :v:

Is that the same goon that had an ITR that they were just afraid to drive the thing because they didn't want to get followed home/have the car get jacked?

I think they bought the car brand new back in the day IIRC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't it in fact, get jacked?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Not SA, but does anyone remember [H] cars and the magic Canadian idea of OARTEC? I can’t find a single loving reference to it on the internet so I’m hoping it’s not just a figment of my imagination.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Trouser Chili is an awesome dude and sold my sister a 4th gen Accord that was a great car until it died from cancer.

He also has a fleet of 4th gen Accords. The ITR is undergoing an engine rebuild. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893289

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Is that the same goon that had an ITR that they were just afraid to drive the thing because they didn't want to get followed home/have the car get jacked?

I think they bought the car brand new back in the day IIRC.

Yes

Rhyno posted:

Didn't it in fact, get jacked?

No I don't think so, but I remember him talking about how he worried about it and I don't blame him

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Raluek posted:

If I remember correctly, that was Queen Combat, who is a "she" but otherwise I believe matches your description

IIRC she became a nurse, so that would explain a recent slow-down in posting :v:

You don't really need the quotes around she. :v:

Midjack posted:

Queen Combat left SA over the summer during the whole Lowtax debacle and was one of the people astroturfing for the bread and roses forum at that time. She also got one of her accounts banned for doxxing on the way out; not sure if all of them got popped or not. Either way, she's probably gone for good.

EDIT: That was not QC with the doxxing, sorry about that. Bans appear to have been reversed too.

Yeah, QC's ban during that was for promoting B&R. It was reversed shortly after. As far as I'm concerned she is still more than welcome to post in AI anytime. :sun:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 30, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yes

No I don't think so, but I remember him talking about how he worried about it and I don't blame him

Back in 2006 someone claimed to have gotten a carfax report on all the Integra R VINs sold in the US and over 10% of them had a "stolen" or "recovered after theft" entry at that time so yeah.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
I remember when Trouserchili sold his pickup because I really wanted to buy it. He made a cool roadtrip out of it and found a dust-covered 250GTO in a garage of what looked like an abandoned house.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Not SA, but does anyone remember [H] cars and the magic Canadian idea of OARTEC? I can’t find a single loving reference to it on the internet so I’m hoping it’s not just a figment of my imagination.

Jesus, there's a forum I haven't thought about in a long long time. I still have both styles of RatPadz. I used to post my overclocking shenanigans there. Liquid N2 cooled P4s, oil-bath Slot A Athlons and the like.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Elmnt80 posted:

You don't really need the quotes around she. :v:

Oh jesus, I didn't mean it like that and am mortified that my post could be read in some snide way.

I just meant the other poster said "he" when they should have said "she"!

I'll shut up now. :cripes:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah, QC's ban during that was for promoting B&R. It was reversed shortly after. As far as I'm concerned she is still more than welcome to post in AI anytime. :sun:

Yeah, I remember her being a Good Poster, pre and post transitioning.

I did make an account on B&R back when there was a real danger of SA dying, I haven't really used it much since there really isn't that much discussion I'm interested in and all the threads I like are on SA :shobon:

She's an admin there, so quite active obviously and a lot more political than I remember her being in AI.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Midjack posted:

Back in 2006 someone claimed to have gotten a carfax report on all the Integra R VINs sold in the US and over 10% of them had a "stolen" or "recovered after theft" entry at that time so yeah.

Same for 99-00 Civic Sis, if not more. Both of them are so drat easy to steal. No immobilizer back then, no factory alarm.. most of the EP3 Sis have also been stolen. Just need to bring your own ECU and a paired key to get around the immobilizer on those.

sharkytm posted:

Jesus, there's a forum I haven't thought about in a long long time. I still have both styles of RatPadz. I used to post my overclocking shenanigans there. Liquid N2 cooled P4s, oil-bath Slot A Athlons and the like.

I had a couple of Ratpadz. Had some OC shens, but nothing like that. :stare:

Looks like my old account got purged.: But my Genmay account is still active.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Raluek posted:

Oh jesus, I didn't mean it like that and am mortified that my post could be read in some snide way.

I legit didn't realize "she" was...well, a she. All I really remembered for sure was the 3d printing of parts for an old VW and working on stuff in an open parking lot.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I read your post the way you intended it - politely correcting the previous poster.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Raluek posted:

All good :)

Whatever happened to sza? And what was that car he had?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

All good :)

Whatever happened to sza? And what was that car he had?

The firebird of doom. I still have a spot weld piece from it somewhere.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Yeah, the Firebird. I had my tetanus pog for a while but I think I finally managed to lose it.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Well, I'm trying to post here again on regular basis. Life kinda took me by the scruff of the neck the last decade or so and demanded I pair down my personal activities, but as life does, things changed and I'm finding more personal time these days. Regarding my retirement strategy I may have said that, but today the ITR represents something south of 5% of my portfolio. It's been a good investment as cars go, but would be soundly beat by the most mundane of index funds over the same time period. Not complaining, I can't drive an index fund. The car has never been wrecked or stolen, is largely unmodified from stock configuration (shift knob and tire size), and I still have almost all the original parts. When I say that I mean I don't have the original wipers or tires, and that's about it. Event the original battery (although totally flat) remains on a shelf.

I only own International parts anymore. Mostly rust. Wish I had held on to my trucks longer. While I more than doubled my money on every one, I could double those sale prices again today with ease. I'd keep the green truck though, I miss it a lot.

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

I remember when Trouserchili sold his pickup because I really wanted to buy it. He made a cool roadtrip out of it and found a dust-covered 250GTO in a garage of what looked like an abandoned house.

That did happen, it was around 2011 according to my records. The car was recently "discovered" and made available for sale. Check the pictures in the article. It matches up with the picture I took below.

https://journal.classiccars.com/2020/07/13/pick-of-the-day-garage-found-1961-ferrari-250-gte/

Edit: This is the exact same car in the October 1961 Autosport magazine. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55b17431e4b07de0642552ee/t/577f2378893fc07dd8464535/1467949950017/1961-10_Autosport.pdf

Barchetta.cc details on the car: http://www.barchetta.cc/english/All.Ferraris/Detail/2325GT.250GTE.htm

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 30, 2020

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
What ever happens to the guy who used to explore the NJ Pine Barrens? ZippySLC, right?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember whenever Cait Sith/Octopus Magic would post about his DSM 4G63T people would reply with “lol crankwalk”.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sza also had a C4 Vette he made go around corners really nicely.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Captain McAllister posted:

I legit didn't realize "she" was...well, a she. All I really remembered for sure was the 3d printing of parts for an old VW and working on stuff in an open parking lot.

To be fair, she wasn't identifying as she until after being on the forum for quite a while. After the VW and motorcycle at least. I have some little jack stands she 3D-printed up for a bunch of us.

grzydj
Oct 4, 2000

You say agricultural or thrummy, I say totally yummy.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I remember whenever Cait Sith/Octopus Magic would post about his DSM 4G63T people would reply with “lol crankwalk”.

I got to drive that car when I was in Boston years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

grzydj posted:

Dude! You're alive!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

grzydj posted:

!

Holy poo poo. Blast from the past alert. I mentioned you in the first post! How's it going?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I couldn't help myself; that's an eleven year posting break. drat.

grzydj
Oct 4, 2000

You say agricultural or thrummy, I say totally yummy.

sharkytm posted:

!

Holy poo poo. Blast from the past alert. I mentioned you in the first post! How's it going?

It's going great. I moved on with my life and no longer post on the forums, but happened to see this post and thought I'd say hello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

grzydj posted:

It's going great. I moved on with my life and no longer post on the forums, but happened to see this post and thought I'd say hello.

Awesome. Congrats on moving on with life, there are many paths to happiness. It's just nice getting that people are doing well with all the shittiness in the world.