Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

MF Doom has passed away. loving hate you 2020

Motherfucker this year is the worst. Ughhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

gently caress you 2020. guy was an absolute genius. :(

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

At least music journalism is far enough above the low bar wrestling journalism is that nobody will try to Bruce Mitchell this.

Dogshit thing to learn about at the end of the year but I'm glad his family had time to mourn in peace and release the information on their own timetable.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

MF Doom has passed away. loving hate you 2020

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CNN's NYE broadcast has Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen doing shots on air with Desus & Mero (segment just ended but the hosts are trashed).

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Being alone on holidays sucks but my cats are in full on party mode, wrestling, popping bubble wrap, catnip rolling, my Manx stole the drat treats and ripped them open and they keep jumping into my lap and furiously making bread.

I love my boys.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
2020 derezzed. End of line.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm hoping I'll end up less depressed in 2021, and that the vaccine roll out will allow me to be able to organize in public and have in person DSA meetings because it's soul sucking to just do things on zoom and slack; it's loving hard to get people to do things when you can tell people face to face to do the thing. I feel bad that I feel depressed because honestly I made out of 2020 alright, I reached 10 k in savings, made the most money, and got 3 free week long vacations when I chose when to get furloughed. All that I have to really worry about in 2021 is finding a place to live which I should be fine because things always end up in my favor.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Here's hope for a better 2021, yall.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You're all good people

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Happy new year

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Happy New Year's you all. Hope Americans can be more altruistic in the new year :pray:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
i'm celebrating the new year by getting whiskey drunk and eating a shitload of gabagool

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

CNN's NYE broadcast has Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen doing shots on air with Desus & Mero (segment just ended but the hosts are trashed).

Andy asking Snoop Dogg if he ever got high at a bris while Anderson laughed so hard he started crying was good stuff.

Also, happy new year, everyone! Y'all are cool as hell, and I hope this year treats us better.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hurrah to the arbitrary delineation of time! May this one be better than the last unit of revolution!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I've been in 2020 for so long now that it is over I do not know what to do with the rest of my life.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Woke up and remembered that season 3 of Cobra Kai drops today. Here's hoping 2021 gets off to a good start!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i woke up and realized i only slept for like 4 hours, im very upset

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Barry Lyndon is on HBO Max, Goon Bless

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They added the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and that was an enjoyable watch with my 3 year old this morning.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Woke up and remembered that season 3 of Cobra Kai drops today. Here's hoping 2021 gets off to a good start!

This is what I plan on doing on a rainy New Year’s Day.

And eating cake!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just beat Tyranny. I united the downtrodden and threw off the yokes of oppression from God herself. Now I've started over and its time for these peasants to learn why true tyranny is!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

kicked off the new year by rewatching 8 1/2. bye

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's a good movie I should watch it again. I'll always associate it with my college film classes, along with Stagecoach and Double Indemnity

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

updated my motherboard bios. the case fan i had outside my case but plugged into the motherboard stopped working after that. i was using that fan to cool a messed up wifi adapter that was overheating itself but works a lot better than any others i've tried. might have to find a usb fan. not thinking about replacing the adapter at this time. i wonder if that fan header is dead now from updating the bios. could be. i will let you know

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Keep us updated, I'm now worried that your case is going to spontaneously combust and 2021 is the year of safety

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

They added the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and that was an enjoyable watch with my 3 year old this morning.

A Jose Canseco bat?! Tell me you didn't pay money for that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

A Jose Canseco bat?! Tell me you didn't pay money for that.

Couldn't this wait till mornin'?

YOOOOUUUU will listen NOW

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think La Dolce Vita is better than 8 1/2 but then LDV is probably my favourite film so biased. 8 1/2 still v good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea LDV is my favorite fellini pretty easily. it's the best looking thing i've ever seen for sure.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

turn your monitor on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

update from last post: been too lazy to test the fan header with another fan to see if it's dead

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

first game beat of 2021: pokemon crystal

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

First game beat in 2021: Cyberpunk 2077. Want to do second run to see what I can do in chapter 1 now that the world/game mechanics have solidified in my head. But also the game throws so much heavy bizarre poo poo at you I don't know if I have a second full playthrough in me. I dun' wanna crucify the man again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

First game beat of 2021: Tyranny

2nd game beat of 2021: Tyranny again

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Haven't beaten it just yet, but first game played in 2021: Grim Fandango Remastered

I'm starting to get the feeling I am too stupid for 90s adventure games.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You’re not too stupid you’re just an adult with more important poo poo to do than combine every item in your inventory with every thing in the game world to see what makes the story move forward

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

grim fandango is still pretty good. the highly-regarded adventure game from the 90s that no one should waste their time on anymore (without already being nostalgic) is the longest journey

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Most of the puzzles in GF so far (I'm currently in act 3) have been reasonably easy to figure out by point and click adventure standards, but there have been a few that were some real galaxy brain poo poo I would never have figured out on my own.

I kinda wish they'd added a hint system to nudge you along a bit like the Monkey Island remasters had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I was huge into point and clicks as a kid and I remember Loom being the first game I ever heard a fanbase deride as being for filthy casuals, women and kids, and it was dumb as hell then and it's dumb as hell now because Loom fuckin' rules