Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It certainly died like a grunt suit. Thing couldn't even handle the Alex's rotary cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Sazabi posted:

The higher the grit the better. That said 600-800 has been about as good as I need before I notice any real loss in smoothness.

Pretty much this. If it's a rough break you could go down to 400, but if you cut it with an xacto 600 should be good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I am a little surprised that no manga or sidestory has ever had a Kampfer [Mass Production Type]

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Arcsquad12 posted:

It certainly died like a grunt suit. Thing couldn't even handle the Alex's rotary cannon.

Seriously I know that was supposed to be a serious moment but I lmaoed at that. Like oh, so that's why they bothered to put Vulcan cannons in Gundam heads. Apparently lots of mobile suits are total rear end.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Marx Headroom posted:

Seriously I know that was supposed to be a serious moment but I lmaoed at that. Like oh, so that's why they bothered to put Vulcan cannons in Gundam heads. Apparently lots of mobile suits are total rear end.

That's like part of the plot for thunderbolt right? they put gundam heads on normal mobile suits for morale purposes, and because they think they will find more newtypes

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I still need to do some touching up (And I'm not sold on the shifter paint on the pauldron), but it's the deadline, so here's a Zaku custom.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Snail Information posted:

That's like part of the plot for thunderbolt right? they put gundam heads on normal mobile suits for morale purposes, and because they think they will find more newtypes

Yeah there's a line of GMs called Gundam Heads that developed into the Ground Gundam Spartan Type. Theyre just up armored GMs with scary heads to psyche out Zeon troopers. No relation to the Ground Gundam 79G variants from 08th ms team.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
In addition to my Maganac I did a Daughtress:

Why the heck was that p-bandai?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Do we want someone to collect all the group build grunts and dump them in a gallery post or something? Would be fun to see all of the contributions and hard work side by side

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Found a really good local hobby store and got myself an airbrush, some paints, and an hg gogg and byarlant custom. I think I need some more stuff that they’ll have in stock in a week like properly sharp nippers, sanding sticks, and topcoat but it feels good to be moving beyond just oob builds.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Also needs some touch up, but I have no idea when I'll get back to it.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I still need to do some touching up (And I'm not sold on the shifter paint on the pauldron), but it's the deadline, so here's a Zaku custom.

Sometimes I feel like using a zaku is cheating. Cause how can you make it look anything less than fantastic. Good work.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cthulu Carl posted:

That's a 30mm head right?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

That's a 30mm head right?

Yeah, a Portanova head with a Commander faceplate.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://twitter.com/TaurusOxford/status/1344777865825558528

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This is great.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Great googles of moogles.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Onmi posted:

Great googles of moogles.

Yeah, the Devolution design's pretty cool.

A smaller company made that kit, right? How's the build?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

its easy to forget but in early 0079 amuro gets multiple kills with the head vulcans

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, the Devolution design's pretty cool.

A smaller company made that kit, right? How's the build?

It was M.J.H that made it, but that's basically Dragon Momoko now so not really???

Anyway, the build was great. Would probably double-dip if they do that Black Getter version that Sentinel also released.

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

The arm gatlings are bigger then the head vulcans. The vulcans are 60mm, the gatlings are 90mm. For comparison: the machine gun that the ground gundams use is 100mm.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

overlordbunny posted:

The arm gatlings are bigger then the head vulcans. The vulcans are 60mm, the gatlings are 90mm. For comparison: the machine gun that the ground gundams use is 100mm.

For real world comparison, the bigass machine gun on the A-10 is "only" 30mm and something like an F-15 is chambered in 20mm.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Grunt contest entries. When things weren't specified, I just copied the posts of anything with a grunt suit in it.

I think that's everybody. If you think your robot should be on or off this list, let me know. Happy New Year, and don't fuckin' go out and get the virus.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 2, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How much does a scopedog go for in Canada bux? I want one.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Arcsquad12 posted:

How much does a scopedog go for in Canada bux? I want one.

According to HLJ, 54 CAD before shippping. Amazon.ca? lol, don't even loving bother. :gonk:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

overlordbunny posted:

Also, the same size as the machine guns used by the GMs in War in the Pocket.

On top of that, of course, the Kampfer is built to survive on speed, not durability. The design goal was to make a high speed Mobile Suit that could get in, tag the targets, and get out. Extended firefights without an ambush weren't in the plans.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

plus the whole point of the plan was to not fight the alex. them not being prepared to fight the alex kinda makes sense

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

TaurusOxford posted:

According to HLJ, 54 CAD before shippping. Amazon.ca? lol, don't even loving bother. :gonk:

I was looking at treating myself to the PG Red Frame, shipping doubled the cost plus fifty bucks.

Shits crazy expensive atm.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Last build of the year, HGAW Airmaster Burst. I like the transformation, seems pretty solid and it's not too bad to pull off.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

grassy gnoll posted:

I think that's everybody. If you think your robot should be on or off this list, let me know. Happy New Year, and don't fuckin' go out and get the virus.

I shared a tweet about my Jegan, but here's the images broken out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Work gave me a nice bonus at the end of the year so I'm getting myself the MG Barbatos and RG Gundam MkII.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Work gave me a nice bonus at the end of the year so I'm getting myself the MG Barbatos and RG Gundam MkII.

Hell yeah.

Happy 2021 everyone!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TaurusOxford posted:

What you mean you don't spend $150 CAD before shipping for your mecha toys? The last time I bought from Amazon I bought from USA Amazon and actually managed to save about ten bucks. I should really use HLJ whenever I'm not buying local.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I got super distracted constantly trying to figure out ways to redo my existing customization on my GM/GM that it's incomplete.

:negative:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Working on my Christmas pile, HER-SELF Mobile Doll Sarah's hair is bigger than her entire torso.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

So what's our Q1 Group Build?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Scopedogs and VF-1 Valkyries.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hmmm, I think the small one first.

I will do the 1/48 and it will be glorious, but I'm not ready yet.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arcsquad12 posted:

"A giant robot that isn't from the Gundam franchise" would be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Gripweed posted:

"A giant robot that isn't from the Gundam franchise" would be fun

im down for this. I've been eyeing the SD Gao Gai Gar and the cross-silhouette frame.