Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Poltergrift posted:

I realize Misfits Scans were rushing to get to this chapter (most likely) and we shouldn't expect this pace to be maintained, but I feel it needs to be said that they are goddamn scanlation heroes and deserve enormous amounts of praise for their work.

They should be caught up with the raws soon, so they will definitely end up slowing to a more sane pace (or just pick up the pace on retranslating the early chapters).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darth Walrus posted:

I wonder if they're ever going to bring up how uncannily similar Opera looks to the Azazel family.

Distant cousins, perhaps... but Opera is a kitty, the Azazels are foxes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Elfface posted:

Distant cousins, perhaps... but Opera is a kitty, the Azazels are foxes.

Sure, but their hair and eye colour and the shape of their faces look incredibly similar.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Lied's Meeting

F

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

appearson

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Purson continuing to be extremely good

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

NEW CHAPTER

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE

This is everything I wanted and more. :3:

It's neat how they made a "guys talk about girls" chapter rather wholesome. Lied's imagination aside, a small part of the chapter is everyone complimenting Eliza as pretty and friendly. Meanwhile, most of the chapter is spent on the guys goofing around giving Lied advice or putting Iruma on trial for having a harem.

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned before but it's really surprising how Caim is handled. Yes, he's interested in girls, but he never crosses the line into being a sex pest. He's mostly on the fringes, but his gags are less about creeping on girls and more about getting huffy that the others are going on dates. And while he did write that term paper about sex and seduction, the fact that it's an actual course in Babylus doesn't make it weird. He's not like Mineta from MHA, that's for sure.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he was definitely worse early on but got low-key walked back

i like how allocer has just... kept the mask

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No love for my boy wholesome Sabnock?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

chumbler posted:

Hes the only one who can do her like that.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1118258

they did it, the beautiful bastards

they did it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1118258

they did it, the beautiful bastards

they did it

The sheer amount of responsibility some of these characters have is refreshing. Alice telling Balam about Kirio and Balam calling Opera about Iruma's birthday. Nice

And congrats to Misfit Scans for powering through this series.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Misfit Scans are heroes, every one

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
So I guess Iruma is 15 now.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Those madmen actually caught up. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Misfits Scans did a wonderful job catching up. Just absolute heroes at giving speedy and quality translations.

Patware posted:

i like how allocer has just... kept the mask

Look, if you find a look that works for you, you stick with it.

chumbler posted:

Oh yeah, Sabnock's great. It's amazing how he started as this arrogant musclehead and improved himself and his studies. He's got that Kiryu energy going on where he's too dense to figure out girls like him.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the best part about the character evolution in this comic is how naturally it usually happens. way too many shounen comics can't have a character change at all without doing it in a whole arc with a big dramatic moment of change, which tends to mean most of the side characters never evolve

iruma, meanwhile, the big dramatic moments are more like a character now able to do something because of a change we watched them go through already

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The real tragedy about how quickly and effectively Misfits caught up is that now we won't be getting like 4 releases a week anymore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So we are well and fully caught up now, then?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Demonic Rites

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The author really wants to hammer home that despite Iruma's life being threatened multiple times while in the demon world. It's still a better existence than what he had with his parents.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Brought To You By posted:

The author really wants to hammer home that despite Iruma's life being threatened multiple times while in the demon world. It's still a better existence than what he had with his parents.

His life was threatened constantly while he was with his parents, too, it's just that he was in danger of dying due to neglect rather than due to angry demons trying to kill him.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

There are lot of things dangerous to Iruma in the demon world, but there are also a lot of people keen to protect him from them. Some of them even know he's human. I think it's fair to say he's safer where he is.

This was an adorable chapter.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like how Lied will never let go of who's the older/younger brother between him and Iruma.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
A Promise to Kerori

Be careful of the deals you make with the devils

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 12, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Booooo Our first real Gyaru character and she's a baddie. Here's hoping for a redemption arc

Also Lol at Irumi's signature.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Booooo Our first real Gyaru character and she's a baddie. Here's hoping for a redemption arc

Also Lol at Irumi's signature.

Half the characters who show up that seem to be bad end up being giant softies. It's the ones that look nice and unassuming on first introduction that are ones to worry about.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I laughed at how no one in the Misfits class even bats an eye when they figure out that Lied's freaking out again.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

This manga has no business being this comfy. I feel nostalgic reading it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The Evidol Games

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

So many unexpected twists I love it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Half the characters who show up that seem to be bad end up being giant softies. It's the ones that look nice and unassuming on first introduction that are ones to worry about.

Why did I even doubt this? Gyari basically being the physical embodiment of "One night I forgot to turn my swagger off" is definitely on par for this series but she's still rude as hell.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Kerori needs to defeat and then marry her rival. It's the only way.

Hoping they end up with a Kaguya-sama situation where each one insists on being the 'winner' in the relationship.

Also nice that Gyari can take a moment out of rivalry for autographs.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter. New member.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

It's great when couples can share hobbies

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This was my exact reaction for page 6
https://i.imgur.com/frnXxyM.mp4

Agents. Are! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is absolutely the best way this could have possibly gone

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I can't wait to see what the twist to this contest is because in terms of raw power and experience Team Kuromu is probably far above the competition.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThingOne posted:

I can't wait to see what the twist to this contest is because in terms of raw power and experience Team Kuromu is probably far above the competition.

I assume that Gyari is genuinely That Good, and they're going to have to get unorthodox to defeat her/convince her to make peace. She has come across as extremely competent so far (except at talking to Kuromu, of course). Theory: Amelie and Gyari are going to end up bonding over their crushes and their difficulty in expressing them.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

this is absolutely the best way this could have possibly gone

Really the big appeal of this manga is its ability to consistently find this.