Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if you're like me, a giant fat daikon radish monster, you aren't racist, and you enjoy jazz music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nrXosfSpg

MJQ stands for Modern Jazz Quartet. The Modern Jazz Quartet Bar. i love to go down to the MJQ Jazz Bar to shoot some pool and listen to jazz music with my buddies.

edit: welcome to page 442. page 442 jazz celebration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seth Rollins posted:

442 is the best soccer formation

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

forkboy84 posted:

442 is the best soccer formation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

regarding the jazz sucks and racism discussion in the other thread, when it comes to jazz it's fine to dislike appropriated garbage you've heard in a shop or the real deal but if that's how you feel and you want to point out inherent flaws in it you should be aware that it's a cultural artform. not just something sitting between house and pop in a list. so it's best to be specific about what stuff inherently sucks rear end for being too indulgent, etc. if that doesn't seem sensible and you can't come off it that jazz is not good as a rule then ponder how many people are racist because they are ignorant and how much you do not accept that from them. it's a far cry from saying you have to like it or listen to it. that's all.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 22, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

as i was saying, Funny Jazz is an upbeat and uplifting, funny background music with a jazzy swing feel. As a funny jazz song it works well as a funny background music for videos like commercials, prank or hidden camera videos, cat videos, you name it. It features the piano, upright bass, drums and woodwinds like the clarinet and bassoon. check it out on YouTube.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

regarding the jazz sucks and racism discussion in the other thread, when it comes to jazz it's fine to dislike appropriated garbage you've heard in a shop or the real deal but if that's how you feel and you want to point out inherent flaws in it you should be aware that it's a cultural artform. not just something sitting between house and pop in a list. so it's best to be specific about what stuff inherently sucks rear end for being too indulgent, etc. if that doesn't seem sensible and you can't come off it that jazz is not good as a rule then ponder how many people are racist because they are ignorant and how much you do not accept that from them. that's all.

I definitely don't think that poster is a racist but there is so much history that shows aversions to specific genres were specifically motivated by racist mindsets or anti queer mindsets like the whole "disco sucks" meme of the 70s where fragile white straight men were cheering albums being blown up in a chicago stadium because of who those albums represented, predominantly black queers. It was the book burning of it's day. Also not enjoying jazz music is fine but it's literally the birth point of all modern music from rap to metal to all our iterations of pop music and was created solely by black artists and I guess it rubs me the wrong way when people write it off as someone who dedicated their entire life to music and for many, many years it was also my livelihood.

But I also think it's valid to just not like something, I don't like Polka music, it doesn't mean I hate hot dogs and wearing children's clothes as an adult or whatever that culture is. I probably went off way too hard on that person in there because I've gotten in so many real life arguments with people who were way more malicious and it's just a defense mechanism at this point. There's so little to be proud of as an American and jazz is like one of those few things.

But yea I agree with everything you are saying.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Hey thanks for the well-wishes! I’m bad at asking for that kind of thing.

I won’t know one way or another for months so it’s time to deep clean the house to distract myself

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seth Rollins posted:

if you're like me, a giant fat daikon radish monster, you aren't racist, and you enjoy jazz music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nrXosfSpg

MJQ stands for Modern Jazz Quartet. The Modern Jazz Quartet Bar. i love to go down to the MJQ Jazz Bar to shoot some pool and listen to jazz music with my buddies.

maxwell jacob QEDman. he’s better than you, and he can prove it

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I like listening to jazz. I’m always telling people “check out this hip groove!” Or, “dig this happening tune man!”

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Stroker Ace posted:

I like listening to jazz. I’m always telling people “check out this hip groove!” Or, “dig this happening tune man!”

You sound like a cool cat!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I dont listen to a ton of jazz, but I do listen to a lot of its offshoots and genres influenced by it.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sEcIHG0Yc

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

So in my video game opinions that might not be hated in here. 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim is really good, even though it’s only marginally interactive and I’m not an anime person at all it’s been a really intriguing story with absolutely beautiful art, especially the backgrounds. The combat is maybe too easy, but I also enjoy getting S rank every time with minimal effort.

There are quite a few moments so far (I’m about 50% through each character) that really surprised me and changed the way I see the game, lots of twists that are shocking but not in a way that feels so left field that it comes across nonsensical. It’s definitely a fun game to play stoned.

I feel like if you enjoy visual novel type games or anime you will really like this game, as I do and like I said not the biggest fan of either.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im gonna play that soon my brother. i've heard the combat gets harder eventually but honestly if im playing a game like that i hope it doesnt get too hard ever :razzy:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim. haha. sounds like an 'anime arc'. i don't know what that is. i once saw a video from the voice actor guy who used to eat three ramen and review them and put on a different shirt each time to pretend he didn't eat all three in a row. that's how i know about it. here's the video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLx9WKf5mhs

See you around

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I don’t know from what but my YouTube feed has turned into nothing but ProZD videos

I’m cool with this

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I went to bed at like 10 PM for the first time in a million years and woke up at 6. Getting enough sleep seems like a pretty wacky concept might try it again

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I don’t know from what but my YouTube feed has turned into nothing but ProZD videos

I’m cool with this

https://youtu.be/UgsDt_y8CC0

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

a cyborg mug posted:

I went to bed at like 10 PM for the first time in a million years and woke up at 6. Getting enough sleep seems like a pretty wacky concept might try it again

p. sure this means you've ascended to godhood

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I am trying to find writing or video about the theory that there is intelligent microscopic or atomic level life in the human body, civilizations at the atomic level, etc but I am finding nothing on the subject. Any of ya’ll heard of these theories or ideas and might know of some media on it?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That one episode of Futurama.

(sorry I don't have a proper answer)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I am trying to find writing or video about the theory that there is intelligent microscopic or atomic level life in the human body, civilizations at the atomic level, etc but I am finding nothing on the subject. Any of ya’ll heard of these theories or ideas and might know of some media on it?

Osmosis Jones

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

prozd is pretty cool in imo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Is this a known conspiracy or just something you're looking for? I can't think of anything I've ever heard on this level that was serious but now I'm a little surprised I have not.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is this a known conspiracy or just something you're looking for? I can't think of anything I've ever heard on this level that was serious but now I'm a little surprised I have not.

It started because I’d thought i’d found a youtube video on the subject because I read the title wrong and it ended up being the same old hollow earth poo poo. I thought it meant civilizations within the body instead of the earth itself.

I guess there is the theory I’ve seen that we are the intelligent life within a massive body we perceive as a universe, but yea nothing really about intelligent and tiny beings within us building civilizations.

Except Osmosis Jones like was mentioned, maybe the magic school bus where they drive up that guy’s butt or something after shrinking down. I haven’t seen Ant Man but maybe there’s some of that in there?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

pass the doobie mahalo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there is a small civilization in the hulu show 'solar opposites' but they aren't that small. more like the size of large insects. on a similar note to that, fraggles, which are a bit larger still. nothing like what you're after but interesting to study nonetheless

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

heres what i listened to today while i did a bunch of work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rB33JnvyM

bye

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Eat My Fuc posted:

It started because I’d thought i’d found a youtube video on the subject because I read the title wrong and it ended up being the same old hollow earth poo poo. I thought it meant civilizations within the body instead of the earth itself.

I guess there is the theory I’ve seen that we are the intelligent life within a massive body we perceive as a universe, but yea nothing really about intelligent and tiny beings within us building civilizations.

Except Osmosis Jones like was mentioned, maybe the magic school bus where they drive up that guy’s butt or something after shrinking down. I haven’t seen Ant Man but maybe there’s some of that in there?

the Incredible Hulk's girlfriend lived on a particular atom that he was coincidentally shrunken down onto more than once

I don't even think it's the only subatomic universe the Hulk has been to more than once

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Karma Tornado posted:

the Incredible Hulk's girlfriend lived on a particular atom that he was coincidentally shrunken down onto more than once

I don't even think it's the only subatomic universe the Hulk has been to more than once

I’m not a huge comic guy so I never knew but hilarious the Hulk of all people would be shrunken down.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m not a huge comic guy so I never knew but hilarious the Hulk of all people would be shrunken down.

Harlan Ellison was guest writing that month, weirdly

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Immortal Hulk is the best mainstream comic of the last 10 years

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ill take your word for it :razzy:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

I vividly remember a Superman comic where a little kid is dying of a weird lung disease and they discover that a microscopic civilization has arisen in the kids lungs and they're like, drilling his lungs for lung oil or something and Superman shrinks down to reason with them but it's too late, the doctors need to remove the civilization or the kid will die so Superman watches sadly from afar as they laser it out but one couple sent their baby to like, the heart or something to survive and that kid will grow up with superman powers or something in an obvious parallel. I dunno it was real dumb.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

I vividly remember a Superman comic where a little kid is dying of a weird lung disease and they discover that a microscopic civilization has arisen in the kids lungs and they're like, drilling his lungs for lung oil or something and Superman shrinks down to reason with them but it's too late, the doctors need to remove the civilization or the kid will die so Superman watches sadly from afar as they laser it out but one couple sent their baby to like, the heart or something to survive and that kid will grow up with superman powers or something in an obvious parallel. I dunno it was real dumb.

LOL. That’s crazy as hell. My only real exposure to comic stuff was watching tons of Super Friends which is the funniest cartoon I can think of. I still laugh at Toy Man, what a heel.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

that's a fill in issue during the Morrison/Porter JLA run from like twenty years ago

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Immortal Hulk is the best mainstream comic of the last 10 years

Another good NienNunb opinion right here.

I didn’t care too much for the latest trade, I think #5, but I’m all about that series

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sort of in the vein of comics, I was really bummed this was pushed back but it's coming this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWF6UBz9Amc

a 4 part adaptation of Junji Ito's "Uzumaki"

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i found out recently that Junji Ito and Judge Ito are brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Judge Ito is actually Judge Reinhold's brother