Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
String theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

String theory

You're thinking of jolyne

e: oh gently caress what if the string theory theory is correct and this part ends with a string portal opening up to the original timeline :2bong:

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

He's using the spin in order to borrow the properties of the combined killer queen + stray cat of part 4 in order to fire destructive explosive air bullets from another dimension.

I love how the game's original story goes all JJBA as gently caress with the twist of the entire game only happening because of a combination of Made in Heaven speeding up time while another person was using their own stand that freezes the world into a film strip for them to view events in the future and the past, with time going so fast that the film strip became a single frame with lots of jojo history compressed into one place which is why the time compression is happening.

7SU is Araki Remembered: The Game

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Having fully caught up with this fight, I'd like to propose a hypothesis.

Quotes from 104:

And we can see that the spinning bubbles apparently creates invisible microbubbles that also spin, something Gappy can't see or even know about. Given that it already struck and wounded Wonder Of U, we know this works and that it follows the rules outlaid above -- that they exist, but not within this universe. Given that the various other final battles throughout the Jojo series have involved time/space in some way, I'm calling my shot: Gappy will defeat Wonder Of U by using the Spin's quantum mechanics and thus strike at Wonder Of U without actually striking at him / pursuing him. Some mixture of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_(physics) and the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_exclusion_principle perhaps?

I'm also expecting some sort of parallel universe fuckery to come into play here, as we've already established (twice!) in previous parts (Made in Heaven, D4C) that parallel universes are not only fair game in Jojo but also actively employed, and that Wonder Of U makes an explicit mention of things that don't exist in this world not following this world's logic.

Even if I'm wrong, I think 104 gave us enough clues that, when the twist (spin) is revealed we'll go back and go "yeah we should've guessed":

That should enough to figure out the mystery, right?

I'm thinking more Quantum tunneling and just bypassing the aoe of the Calamity effects.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
when did Jojolion become a Zero Escape game, all this quantum poo poo

Wait, actually, that rules, when do we get the Jojo Nonary Games

E: :aaaaa:

rko fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 21, 2021

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Jojonary would be Part 9, of course

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Rereading the last few issues, I think whats implied by Rai's sudden chumping is that he did successfully strike Wonder of U, but Wonder of U's ability extends to rewriting reality to make something not happen.

Carrying this further, this seems to imply that the Flashforward sequence (which occurs after where we are currently) will occur as a result of Tooru getting so incredibly wrecked by something (the falling plane plate) that he has to retroactively rewrite reality so he never went to the Higashikita estate. And since he doesn't go to the Higashikita estate, Joshuu's arm/Jobin's death/Norisuke's coma will be undone.

Norisuke's flashforward injury then happens anyway because F A T E

(Big Ch100-104 spoilers)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Amgard posted:

Rereading the last few issues, I think whats implied by Rai's sudden chumping is that he did successfully strike Wonder of U, but Wonder of U's ability extends to rewriting reality to make something not happen.

Carrying this further, this seems to imply that the Flashforward sequence (which occurs after where we are currently) will occur as a result of Tooru getting so incredibly wrecked by something (the falling plane plate) that he has to retroactively rewrite reality so he never went to the Higashikita estate. And since he doesn't go to the Higashikita estate, Joshuu's arm/Jobin's death/Norisuke's coma will be undone.

Norisuke's flashforward injury then happens anyway because F A T E

(Big Ch100-104 spoilers)

If Araki goes this route and this becomes the Bites the Dust arc I will forgive him for killing off Damo.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
I haven’t seen any other theories on how you get to the flashforward from this point. Either Josuke’s bubbles manage to rewrite reality when they spin through the Head Doctor, or Tsurugi’s stand goes out of control and causes everyone to think everything is back to normal.

I’m struggling to even think of another way you get Joshu just casually hanging out with all his usual body parts and the family enjoying a nice laugh (while scattered around the house are the bloody remains of their family).

It even makes sense why Norisuke would still be dead—didn’t Jobin attack him originally? That’s not in the flow of calamity, that’s just regular old filicide.

(It also wouldn’t bring the new rokakaka back, presumably, since that would take away any reason for further conflict. There’s just one fruit left and two people who need it or they’ll die. Until that gets resolved, the part can’t end.)

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

If Araki goes this route and this becomes the Bites the Dust arc I will forgive him for killing off Damo.

Another point to this speculation is that Gappy didn't remember setting up the shred bubbles that took Rai out.

And concerning the flashforward There's a blink-and-you'll-miss it panel of Joshuu getting beaned in the mouth by a nut launched by Tsurugi stepping on some object. That some calamity poo poo?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Calling it now: araki changed his mind about the flash-forward and we're never seeing that specific setup at the Higashikata household again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REgOnIYSoJo

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

anyway are there any new eps in this or is it just that what's already aired is hitting netflix

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Crossposting from the anime thread:

Arist posted:

I was going through Netflix's "Upcoming" section and the trailer for Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan was dubbed. Found it on Youtube as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HDVr2kuHsc

Pretty sure that's not Vic, but it sounds so much like his Rohan that I can barely tell. Which I'm torn on, I didn't hate the performance in a vacuum but it's weird that they got whoever this dude is to do an impression of a sex pest.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

It's not weird at all. That's the established dub voice of the character of the series, even if it was established by a piece of poo poo, of course you'd want a new actor to at least land in the same general ballpark. People get disoriented when a character's voice wildly changes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Eh, I've heard plenty of cases where voices have changed dramatically. But I'm basically just saying it's offputting because it's too good an impression. It would take me a while to notice the difference if I wasn't actively looking for nuances. It's totally a personal reaction, and I don't even have a huge problem with it because the old take on the character was solid, it's just... weird.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Just from that trailer (and knowing way too much about voice actors) I'm fairly certain that's Todd Haberkorn.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe not an improvement, then!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ryaomon posted:

Just from that trailer (and knowing way too much about voice actors) I'm fairly certain that's Todd Haberkorn.

It's apparently Andy Richter.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

y’all must be talking about a different Andy Richter than the one I’m thinking of

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

that was already part 7

Presidents power was pulling in things from different timelines, then stop time Dio showed up, so nah.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't wait for Araki to stun us to reveal that Dio Brando is just chilling out in Part 8 Morioh and will be the surprise final villain.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan on Netflix is good because it's the first time any JoJo animation is dubbed in portuguese.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Frionnel posted:

Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan on Netflix is good because it's the first time any JoJo animation is dubbed in portuguese.

Wait, are you making GBS threads me? Is this in Portugal or Brazil? Is Rohan Kishibe seriously the first Jojo character that gets to speak Portuguese in any official capacity?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

João João's Bizarre Adventure

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Funky Valentine posted:

My stand, [Have You Been to Bahia]

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Graceful Graveler posted:

Wait, are you making GBS threads me? Is this in Portugal or Brazil? Is Rohan Kishibe seriously the first Jojo character that gets to speak Portuguese in any official capacity?

Brazil, and Yep!

Funky Valentine posted:

Sockser posted:

My stand, [Have You Been to Bahia]

These are good.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

They also translated Heaven's Door literally: 『PORTA DO CÉU』. Which is one way to get around the copyrights issue.

Makes me wonder what they would do with names that can't be translated like that.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Arist posted:

Eh, I've heard plenty of cases where voices have changed dramatically. But I'm basically just saying it's offputting because it's too good an impression. It would take me a while to notice the difference if I wasn't actively looking for nuances. It's totally a personal reaction, and I don't even have a huge problem with it because the old take on the character was solid, it's just... weird.

It’s called acting

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think in light of Vic's crimes, the character of Rohan should be retired. It's the only way to be sure people know I'm against sexual assault enough

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

multijoe posted:

I think in light of Vic's crimes, the character of Rohan should be retired. It's the only way to be sure people know I'm against sexual assault enough

R*han K*shibe is officially CANCELLED.
I look forward to This Spoke Okuyasu Nijimura.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Frionnel posted:

Brazil, and Yep!

Frionnel posted:

They also translated Heaven's Door literally: 『PORTA DO CÉU』. Which is one way to get around the copyrights issue.

Makes me wonder what they would do with names that can't be translated like that.

Holy gently caress, Portugal, get on it, this is all I want from a Portuguese dub. Literally get the DBZ dub writers in on this, I want to watch the adventures of the Jó-estrela family. Give me Carroça de Prata. Give me Diamante Doido. My loving god, give me Notório Grande.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would have translating the Stand names into a different language work for the English translations?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Would have translating the Stand names into a different language work for the English translations?

But then we wouldn't have gotten the magesty that was [Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price]

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That’s not actually its name though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nobody knows what the mysterious acronym D4C stands for

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm just bracing for when Soft & Wet inevitably gets localized to『 Moist 』

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

『 Soggy Style 』

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Waffleman_ posted:

Nobody knows what the mysterious acronym D4C stands for

dimes for crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm just bracing for when Soft & Wet inevitably gets localized to『 Moist 』

Eyes of Heaven has it as 『Soft & Wet』, so maybe the ampersand makes a difference?