Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol I'm canadian, if it's dipshit american weed with stupid kush names I don't care, if it's boring amsterdam 16% weed I don't care. give me that 20%+ canadian poo poo for these dark northern nights

stronk weed is what i need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

stronk weed is what i need

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/moryan/status/1352864373136633856
:hai:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
BSG did that two episodes in a row, lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

i rewatched the abyss last fall after yeah, not having seen it for like probably 15+ years? just loving gorgeous. also i think when i was a kid i focused on WOW! COOL ROV! and LOOK AT THAT WATER ALIEN but man it has a very strong anti nuke plot, which i always like.

the Abyss is great except for the inexplicable presence of Chris Elliot which is normally welcome but wow talk about ruining my suspension of disbelief

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rjmccall posted:

and that was the only man i ever actually loved

lol yeah

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

indigi posted:

yeah the ep would have been better if they just cut Naomi’s scenes in half and padded the runtime with Amos and 🍑 just tooling around on bikes meeting drifters. idk how they’re going to finish the series in one more season unless they just straight up ignore the other dimensional aliens or Laconia.

they would be better off if they ignored Laconia

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

The Fool posted:

so would have James Corey tbh

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I just read a book called The Supernatural Enhancements about a guy that inherits a spooky house and it was pretty good. It's kinda like poe's gold bug where they're solving ciphers and poo poo to figure out a mystery.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

the most important anime feature film of the past 20 years

it’s a remake of a 25 year old cartoon lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
whoops i’m like ten pages back

mystes
May 31, 2006

A remake of a 10 page old post

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Kenny Logins posted:

is upgrade any good?

can someone tell me this because I genuinely can't remember if I've seen it or not. Same with project power, I saw a clip and thought "oh that looks cool" then "wait have I seen this?"

I've gotta stop drinking so much while I watch films.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Project Power was bad though

lots of potential, ultimately wasted

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I liked upgrade a lot

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

The Fool posted:

i’m assuming s6 ends on that reveal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Casual Encountess posted:

i’m assuming s6 ends on that reveal

that would be a really lovely series finale

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I liked upgrade a lot

upgrayedd

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
upgrade is fun

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

indigi posted:

that would be a really lovely series finale

i mean i agrée but how else could they reconcile that ending

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm watching golden swallow and holy poo poo a kid just killed himself with a sword to the gut. absolutely did not expect to see that tonight. good thing it's not gory/realistic

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

what in the god drat

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
agreedø

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

maclunkey

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I've gotta stop drinking so much while I watch films.

first time I saw superbad was with my wife and we were mega stoned and it was very funny but we also forgot so much of it, so when I saw it again the next night with a friend it was almost like I had seen it before but not for a decade!

great value is what I am trying to say

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

upgrade is good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
saturday's films: alita (rewatch) and there will be blood

both good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Jonny 290 posted:

alita (rewatch)

I'm stealing this idea, mwahaha

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I watched true lies tonight, speaking of james cameron. middle third is loving deranged but it's a drat fun movie

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
actually yeah i think james cameron marathon time. alita, the abyss, and true lies

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Truman Peyote posted:

I watched true lies tonight, speaking of james cameron. middle third is loving deranged but it's a drat fun movie

oh my god this was on TV the other day and I was briefly tempted to stay up watching it for the nostalgia trip.

It's a good film.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Truman Peyote posted:

the terrorists are extremely reasonable in it

don't they just want the US to stop bombing the poo poo outta their homeland and then explode an uninhabited area as a warning

their goals are humanitarian as hell, like goddamn the 90s were hosed up to see today

also lol they undermine the credibility of the media in that by sending in an armed agent as a cameraman and he whips a gun outta the camera and plugs several of them

mystes
May 31, 2006

i mean i agrée but how else could they reconcile that ending
Geeze you can't even spell agrëe correctly?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

and that was the only man i ever actually loved
so it's a ww84 prequel :xd:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

lol i text in french and im continuously fighting my phone to un correct things and i usually just don’t even bother anymore cc. it’s a tragédie.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lol i text in french and im continuously fighting my phone to un correct things and i usually just don’t even bother anymore cc. it’s a tragédie.

lol that’s ducking stupid

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

saturday's films: alita (rewatch) and there will be blood

both good

still bummed my buddy had to cancel a movie night last march because he bought a big fancy new tv and alita was going to be the inaugural movie :sigh:

i even had my air popper ready to go with a bunch of fresh kernels so everyone could have good popcorn

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odM92ap8_c0

That full wide shot on the deck of the carrier :discourse:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also lol they undermine the credibility of the media in that by sending in an armed agent as a cameraman and he whips a gun outta the camera and plugs several of them

that's ok, not a single terrorist survives so there's no one to tell anyone about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok i'm normally not into those films but that looks great.