Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sleepy gary posted:

The exposed ceiling is less offensive to me than the hammered copper backsplash and "let's eat" sign.

The sign made me want to burn it to the ground. You just KNOW there's a "Live Laugh Love" sign in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum

sleepy gary posted:

The exposed ceiling is less offensive to me than the hammered copper backsplash and "let's eat" sign.

To be honest, I couldn't look past the fact that they clearly turned the HDR up to 11. Even more than most real estate photos. I don't think there was one loving shadow in the lot.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I've seen a lot worse. The exterior is not too bad. Lose the shutters.

I don't know what this look will ultimately be called, but it will age out very soon. Hopefully, it'll be "redecorated" within the next five years to something more universally tasteful.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

PainterofCrap posted:

I don't know what this look will ultimately be called, but it will age out very soon.

The "I watch HGTV".

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The 19 cent per unit white plastic outlet wall plates really help tie the aesthetic together.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

sleepy gary posted:

I loathe the WASH DRY FOLD in the laundry room - somehow it manages to be more bland and less polite than the let's eat sign.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm actually considering a white exposed ceiling like that in my kitchen because they dropped the entire thing to accommodate for plumbing above and it's only like a 7 foot ceiling and I hate it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

U WANT FOOD JUST EAT

above my mansion's dining-room doorway.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Youth Decay posted:

I'm sad I can't find the "before" pictures of this renovation, but the afters are ugly even without that context

I think it went something like this:

:v: And here's the display hall with all the tiles and wall options we have.
:sparkles: YES! This is the look I want!
:v: To which particular scheme are you referring to?
:sparkles: The display hall!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The listing says this house has "updated with vinyl siding" but they just took the old poo poo and painted it, holy poo poo

and not well might I add!

Dr. Habibi
Sep 24, 2009

Sirotan posted:

The listing says this house has "updated with vinyl siding" but they just took the old poo poo and painted it, holy poo poo

one thing I really value in a good paint job is being able to see the hand of the painter randomly appear in it

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

I'm sad I can't find the "before" pictures of this renovation, but the afters are ugly even without that context

I thought "well, it's not THAT bad" so I have to assume Copper Worm Haus has completely eroded my ability to perceive reality.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Jam With Seeds posted:

I thought "well, it's not THAT bad" so I have to assume Copper Worm Haus has completely eroded my ability to perceive reality.

Same. It's HGTV aesthetic cranked up to 11, but its not painful for me. It's fine for someone else, I'd never decorate it that way.

My major complaint is that there are no upper kitchen cabinets.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Jam With Seeds posted:

I find it worse than copper house in that it's so soulless.

I find it better than copper house in that that the soullessness leaves me unworried about its possible hunger for human souls.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I like the trash bags in the basement. The pantry door that opens into the pantry and blocks the shelves behind it bothers me.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sirotan posted:

It's authentic. Like the multicolored shiplap interior walls slapped together apparently at random.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Dr. Habibi posted:

one thing I really value in a good paint job is being able to see the hand of the painter randomly appear in it

It truly adds that "handy crafter" bespoke untalented hack quality to it

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 27, 2021

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Selachian posted:

It's authentic. Like the multicolored shiplap interior walls slapped together apparently at random.

lmao I did not even notice until you quoted me but that door has two doorknobs, and the down-facing lights next to the door are at neck-height for the average person

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PainterofCrap posted:

I've seen a lot worse. The exterior is not too bad. Lose the shutters.

I don't know what this look will ultimately be called, but it will age out very soon. Hopefully, it'll be "redecorated" within the next five years to something more universally tasteful.

Farmhouse industrial. Its basically takeing Joanna Gains farmhouse look and combining it with urban industrial aesthetics to make the former more modern. They're both industrial looks, and can blend together rather well in the hands of a competent designer, but that house is more pintrest board design than anything else. Shoving a bunch of discordant elements that you pulled from a bunch of images under the same tag together and calling it eclectic.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Youth Decay posted:

"She turned her car onto the last stretch of straight drive leading her directly, face to face, to Hill House
and, moving without thought, pressed her foot on the brake to stall the car and sat, staring.
The house was vile. She shivered and thought, the words coming freely into her mind, Hill House is vile,
it is diseased; get away from here at once.
"

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Sirotan posted:

lmao I did not even notice until you quoted me but that door has two doorknobs, and the down-facing lights next to the door are at neck-height for the average person

It has two deadbolts.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The lazy paint on the door handle tells you everything you need to know about the house IMO.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sirotan posted:

That door has suspenders :monocle:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

In college I knew a dude who spray-painted his falling apart Geo Metro matte black and the job was done more competently than whatever they did to that house

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I haven't seen this much unsealed wood since the John Holmes retrospective

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Saw this on a Discord server:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Mr.Radar posted:

Saw this on a Discord server:

That gave me a little panic attack, I shared that on a Discord server yesterday. I got a different share link, thankfully.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Are those cabinets inside the wall? :stare:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I don't care how much you enjoy south-american style grilling this just isn't a proper setup for it.

Shelf spots at differing distance from the flame is the joke

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

FCKGW posted:

gently caress the cabinets; they've got a gas range:

1) In a closet
2) directly under the breaker panel

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

StormDrain posted:

That gave me a little panic attack, I shared that on a Discord server yesterday. I got a different share link, thankfully.

I got it from the Discord for the Youtube channel Technology Connections.

Also, don't miss the toilet.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm more curious about how they got the stove in there. Doesn't look like it fits in the gap between the cabinet and the wall.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Dr.Smasher posted:

I'm more curious about how they got the stove in there. Doesn't look like it fits in the gap between the cabinet and the wall.

It used to be a laundry room, with a gas dryer in the closet. The original sink and counter were ripped out. They put the range in first, then hung the “kitchen” cabinets.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Nah it looks like quite a thin oven, it'll just slide right forward.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Dienes posted:

I loathe the WASH DRY FOLD in the laundry room - somehow it manages to be more bland and less polite than the let's eat sign.

That, coupled with the "Custodian - authorized personnel only" door makes me think it's intended as some terrible anti-feminist joke. "Of course mommy is the house janitor. Look, she even gets a special room. Now get to work woman! WASH DRY FOLD"

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Empty Sandwich posted:

I haven't seen this much unsealed wood since the John Holmes retrospective

:golfclap:

FCKGW posted:

Nah, the cabinets and sink counter are in a recess with respect to the wall behind the fridge.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lol
put one of those microwave fans with no vent in the closet and it'll be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I suppose this counts.