Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

yakuza slaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Seltzer posted:

If someone could answer without spoiling that would be great. Yakuza 3 - I'm in CH 4 and it says i'm about to go back to Kamurocho. I haven't explored much of okinawa at all so should I do all that now? I figured I'd be here for longer. I want to mess around a bit here but I guess the story moves fast>

Feel free to explore but hilariously when you try to leave, a million more things pop up that you are free to do.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Brass Hand posted:

Same there are too many spaces with nothing to see. Similarly there are shops you use once before being too high level to bother with their wares and that’s kind of boring too.
Chinatown having like four functionally identical shops that sell redundant inventory cluttering food healing items ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Brass Hand posted:

Same there are too many spaces with nothing to see. Similarly there are shops you use once before being too high level to bother with their wares and that’s kind of boring too.

The JRPG transition was handled mostly really, really well but there are a few things like this that kind of show that it’s their first try at the genre and will hopefully get smoothed out in 8.

I think I’ve bitched about it a couple times already but the fact that most of your stats come from your equipped job is the big one for me, hopefully they make it so that experimenting with different jobs isn’t brutally punishing in the next game

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can your inventory be full in Y7?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Stackable items have a max stack. Most recovery items are x/10. You can dump stuff in your storage box to collect more.

Gear inventory space is infinite.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1354800152632987660

nosering
Oct 12, 2012
has anyone successfully done the true final millenium tower in y7? been working on this for like a week and I keep getting owned significantly even with one job maxed and 4 others at 30. if i have to max every single job i think i wont make it out alive

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nosering posted:

has anyone successfully done the true final millenium tower in y7? been working on this for like a week and I keep getting owned significantly even with one job maxed and 4 others at 30. if i have to max every single job i think i wont make it out alive
final millenium tower or true final millenium tower

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

"true final millenium tower" is a cool phrase

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

nosering
Oct 12, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

final millenium tower or true final millenium tower

True final. The first one was a breeze, even at level 75-80, but this one is truly destroying me. I do appreciate them overhauling the trophies to make the plat a bit more realistic compared to the rest of them (y0 was intensely brutal, judgement was also pretty hard), but this seems like a bit much.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

game pass is ftmfw if I get the urge to play 3,4,5 before beating kiwami 2 and 7 its free, and if they ever take it off itll be like 15 bucks on steam by then

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nosering posted:

True final. The first one was a breeze, even at level 75-80, but this one is truly destroying me. I do appreciate them overhauling the trophies to make the plat a bit more realistic compared to the rest of them (y0 was intensely brutal, judgement was also pretty hard), but this seems like a bit much.
Yeah it seems a bit silly. I'll prkbably do it but it seems like just the normal final tower with all the stats cranked up 10x, the combat doesn't really have the depth to make it interesting at that point lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Yakuza games ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

can't wait to see what Kiwami 2 is like...

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

In Training posted:

It's really good. Much better than 1 which I still like. Being able to kick people's asses in stores is a good addition.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

nosering posted:

when i cleared it, all of my characters were:
-max level
-level 90 on their equipped job
-at least level 30 on about 3/4 of their other jobs

this took a bunch of time to grind in the kamurocho sewers and was really not worth it but oh well. my party was ichiban hero, adachi enforcer, saeko idol and joon-gi hitman. all of them had a bunch of cross-job skills - in particular, you want everyone to have access to as many different damage types as possible. ichiban should always have peerless resolve up.

once you reach the final boss, even if you lose you can retry the fight without having to go through the whole tower again. he's scripted to do various things at 75%, 50% and 25% health so watch out for those, the 25% one in particular. mr masochist is a really good summon at that point because he gives you massive defense boosts.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

In Training posted:

It's pretty, OP.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

might download 0 tonight, I've just seen so many people love this series.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

0 is good, OP. Do it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I'm excited for you and also for whatever incredibly insane Majima dreams it's going to give you

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

0 is a drat near flawless game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm convinced, I'll manage to wedge it in with my gaming backlog somehow.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is there a better way to make money towards the end of the game than the business mini game? It seems kind of obvious that the business is the best but the amount of time you have to put into it to get the $3m bonus after a shareholder meeting is crazy inconvenient once you get to the highest level of the workshop and every single upgrade costs between 1 and 4 million

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

any advice for total Yakuza noobs or is the game pretty self explanatory?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

The first boss is by far the hardest so dont feel bad about dropping to easy for him

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I lost to him the first time then I remembered you could block and then I won. So you must block more, my friend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I lost to him the first time then I remembered you could block and then I won. So you must block more, my friend.

I will never block, dodge or use a potion and I WILL beat all 8 games.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

Don’t feel ashamed to change the difficulty to easy. The game just owns you are happy to be there.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
gently caress I’d love to play Yakuza 0 again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Is there a better way to make money towards the end of the game than the business mini game? It seems kind of obvious that the business is the best but the amount of time you have to put into it to get the $3m bonus after a shareholder meeting is crazy inconvenient once you get to the highest level of the workshop and every single upgrade costs between 1 and 4 million
do the first few floors of the battle arena a few times for golden bugs, then use them as crafting materials to make 7 Nouveau Riche Crowns and equip them on everyone, means you get double the money from battles - then just do the last 5-10 floors over a few times. You'll earn millions and also get loads of guaranteed drops of the weapons that sell for a million each. Also if you use the Megumi summon on the final fight that one gives you like 4 million by itself. I did it for like half an hour while pretending to be on work calls and earned 30 million

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 30, 2021

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

the early game is rough so buy loads of healing items and please use them, they seem expensive but once you're past the early game the cost is negligible and they're basically instant full heals

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I ran floors 11-20 of the battle arena over and over again, mostly farming rare materials but also making decent cash. You can also do 21-30 and get a bunch of weapons that you can then pawn for millions of yen, but I think it's less time efficient and also I really wanted the crafting materials more.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

do the first few floors of the battle arena a few times for golden bugs, then use them as crafting materials to make 7 Nouveau Riche Crowns and equip them on everyone, means you get double the money from battles - then just do the last 5-10 floors over a few times. You'll earn millions and also get loads of guaranteed drops of the weapons that sell for a million each. Also if you use the Megumi summon on the final fight that one gives you like 4 million by itself. I did it for like half an hour while pretending to be on work calls and earned 30 million

American McGay posted:

I ran floors 11-20 of the battle arena over and over again, mostly farming rare materials but also making decent cash. You can also do 21-30 and get a bunch of weapons that you can then pawn for millions of yen, but I think it's less time efficient and also I really wanted the crafting materials more.

Awesome, thanks. I want to get at least my main team their EX weapons before facing the final boss so this will be a big help

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

downloading 0 for later tonight and I had a minute when I saw the picture when I said "am I... downloading Chuck Buried Treasure?" and had to check to make sure this wasn't the beginning of a crazy imp dream

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

lmao it begins

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

downloading 0 for later tonight and I had a minute when I saw the picture when I said "am I... downloading Chuck Buried Treasure?" and had to check to make sure this wasn't the beginning of a crazy imp dream

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol. I’ve had a few insane Yakuza dreams so you’re probably in for a treat at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol