Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, for someone who will break all of his bones to save the day it's probably pretty alarming for the guy trying to keep him safe that he's just been handed constantly updating minimap showing him all the opportunities he has to do so.

Oooh that's going to be trouble.

Remember that chapter where Deku asked All Might if there was anyone he had failed to save? And All Might responded with "Yeah, probably thousands of people I never even knew about. That's why you have to save everyone you can physically see, to make up for all the ones you can't."

Now the kid can see everyone who needs help. Like Superman being able to hear every scream for help on Earth 24/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

oh jay posted:

Who do we need to tie to train tracks to get him out of his coma?

Wonder if Bakugo running in there and exacerbating all of his injuries might do the trick.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Vengarr posted:

Danger sense is a real double-edged sword depending on how sensitive it is.

Well, it's certainly more sensitive after five successors.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

drat, so Deku's brain is basically a Ubisoft HUD right now

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that one pic of the map from assassin's creed unity, and every icon is screaming at you, all at once, without stopping for breath

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Deku wakes up:
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1337812996903428096

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

Who do we need to tie to train tracks to get him out of his coma?

His All Might merch collection, obviously

Throw in a hoodie and you might even attract the Crawler

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hell, as an ordinary boring human who doesn't have superpowers, sometimes I have to just step away from anything news-related because there's so much awful poo poo going on I can't do anything about.

Danger sense being the thing All Might was terrified of Deku getting is way better writing and way more interesting than it just being another way for Deku to explode his bones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The All Might scenes from Vigilantes except it's Deku and every panel is accompanied with a different bone breaking.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Electric Phantasm posted:

The All Might scenes from Vigilantes except it's Deku and every panel is accompanied with a different bone breaking.

Dekus coma is just his reference to Might Sleep

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I miss Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, what's he been up to lately

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Doc Fission posted:

He's probably Deaddead Deaddead.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Doc Fission posted:

He helped Mina retreat after she got knocked away.

I think the only class b guy we didn't check in with was Monoma, who was only mentioned in passing during the gigantamachia attack "You think Monoma's group is okay, Tokage?"

but he wasnt in any of the crowdshots or part of the action anywhere.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Monoma... is the traitor?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Monoma died doing what he loved, proving he's better than 1-A.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Monoma... is the traitor?

Nah. Someone in 1A is. Monoma just was betraying people a bit on the side to prove he's better at it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, I mostly peek in and out of MHA's manga spoilers and am watching hte anime every now and then (still only at the start of the school festival arc), I thought the traitor storyline was resolved as that hawks guy?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MorningMoon posted:

So, I mostly peek in and out of MHA's manga spoilers and am watching hte anime every now and then (still only at the start of the school festival arc), I thought the traitor storyline was resolved as that hawks guy?

No. Hawks was a double agent, and additionally had no connection to the school.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Monoma died doing what he loved, proving he's better than 1-A.

Monoma stole Gigantomachia's quirk, but when he came to help out, Best Jeanist tied him up, the big meanie.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
299 Speedscans

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

"Doctors did surgery on Best Jeanist that made him look dead" is maybe the new dumbest thing in this manga.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:smith:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blockhouse posted:

"Doctors did surgery on Best Jeanist that made him look dead" is maybe the new dumbest thing in this manga.

Consistently topping itself at least.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Blockhouse posted:

I mean, what's the alternative from a storytelling perspective? Hawks killing someone? That would make him a bad person!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Speedscan spoilers: Seems like half the main cast were abused children.

Blockhouse posted:

I am certain that sentence will be translated very differently on Sunday.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Deku is the traitor and AfO has been spying on class 1-A through OfA, which is also how he knew that Deku was the new holder

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speedscan spoilers: Seems like half the main cast were abused children.

I am certain that sentence will be translated very differently on Sunday.

Even if its translated differently the intent still seems to be he had surgery done on him to sell he was dead. Like they mentoined it more than jus the one bubble, it was a full thing to basically make him look dead and put into suspended animation

anyway jeanist is very cool and i love that he has a batmobile and i hope in proper scans it also looks like jeans.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Best Jeanist: That's rough buddy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Arist posted:

No. Hawks was a double agent, and additionally had no connection to the school.

Very glad I read this, thanks.

Hawks :smith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That last panel looks like his wings are starting to grow back, so at least those weren't burned away for good.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I hope Hawks' mom is okay. :smith:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Rhonne posted:

That last panel looks like his wings are starting to grow back, so at least those weren't burned away for good.

Cleaner scans might show them larger, but those seem about the same size as here

Since he's still got the stumps they'll probably grow back eventually, but the left wing especially seemed real hosed.

e: Reread the highend fight to see how hosed his wings got there (not very, most of his feathers just burned up but they grew back within a few days) I wonder if Hawks might wind up helping Deku with danger sense. Hawk's whole deal is using his feathers to sense a million things going on at once...

rannum fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 30, 2021

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

At the same time it's supposed to be the future, just with a bit of a dark age associated with the initial unrest associated with the emergence of superpowers. So the idea of Hawks growing back his wings using medicine reserved for the plot isn't that unbelievable compared to everything else imo. Love the Jeanistmobile.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Neo_Crimson posted:

I hope Hawks' mom is okay. :smith:

I mean

she seems pretty loving terrible and Hawks doesn't care either way about what happened to her

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I wonder if this will read like less of an awkward exposition dump on Sunday.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Related to/inspired by the speedscans, but not really spoilery: It feels like social acceptance of mutants improved significantly over the past couple decades in-universe, judging between Vigilantes, the flashbacks in MHA, and current-day MHA.

I'm wondering if the KKK analogue that the League slaughtered in the first chapter of My Villain Academia will resurface. Given how much distrust and disgruntlement towards heroes seem to be building up, I wouldn't be surprised if some of that energy got redirected into anti-mutant sentiment.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 30, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

Best Jeanist: That's rough buddy.

That's also how I feel about tragic backstories. Best Jeanist truly is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Nah. Someone in 1A is. Monoma just was betraying people a bit on the side to prove he's better at it.

i thought the whole traitor plot thread got dropped entirely...?