Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Ladies and Scotsmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap
Oh good lord. Why would you put a glass floor in anywhere, but especially why would you put it in a dining room that's above somewhere else?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

tinytort posted:

Oh good lord. Why would you put a glass floor in anywhere, but especially why would you put it in a dining room that's above somewhere else?

Because you're a man of vision with strong christian values

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

tinytort posted:

Because you're an architect thinking so far ahead, you've completely lost sight of Puritan values of the past!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

something something glass ceiling

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dejan Bimble posted:

Because you're a man of vision with strong christian values

just a dude achieving his dreams

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018
I have a lot of questions about this house, namely which video game it was inspired by. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...whLhVy899WxMUIQ

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Lead out in cuffs posted:

That, coupled with the "Custodian - authorized personnel only" door makes me think it's intended as some terrible anti-feminist joke. "Of course mommy is the house janitor. Look, she even gets a special room. Now get to work woman! WASH DRY FOLD"

It’s just a kitschy door, don’t overthink it

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

DogoDogo posted:

I have a lot of questions about this house, namely which video game it was inspired by. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...whLhVy899WxMUIQ

Castlevania.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Did Manute Bol live there? Love the TVs mounted 10' off the floor in rooms that absolutely don't need TVs.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

DogoDogo posted:

Holy poo poo my neck hurts just looking at this

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Cross posting from my house thread.

This is a pump house on my property (it's all technically part if an easement that my neighbor owns, so I ain't touching it) that boosts the city water main pressure to supply my house and 5 others.

Elviscat posted:

That's a solid plan :v:

The amazing pump house.

Service drop

Unfused, unprotected conductors running through the garbage (that typo's staying)

A master work of construction.

The inside, note the, uh, everything, the masterful electric connection, the insulation ripped apart by mice, the mix of PVC and steel, the general horror movie aesthetic.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Saint Freak posted:

This is the longest hallway in my house
When I open the fusuma sliding door, there is another hallway
This room was closed up by my grandfather.
This is the longest hallway in my house

Exactly what it made me think of :golfclap:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.Smasher posted:

Castlevania.

With that palette? Dragon Age.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm utterly unphased by the Castlvania house, except for the urinals in the bathrooms.

Why?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Warmachine posted:

I'm utterly unphased by the Castlvania house, except for the urinals in the bathrooms.

Why?

There are two answers, pick one:

1. I’M NOT GONNA SIT DOWN TO PISS LIKE A GODDAMN WOMAN!

2. We need to demonstrate how rich we are and unnecessary bathroom fixtures are an obvious way of separating ourselves from the 99%.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Blue Moonlight posted:

There are two answers, pick one:

1. I’M NOT GONNA SIT DOWN TO PISS LIKE A GODDAMN WOMAN!

2. We need to demonstrate how rich we are and unnecessary bathroom fixtures are an obvious way of separating ourselves from the 99%.

To be fair, urinals are pretty much the optimal way for males to take a piss indoors. They use less water than a toilet, and they contain the spray and drips better than standing at a toilet.

The only reason they're not more prevalent is that people find them ugly/weird in residential bathrooms.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Residential bathrooms have sinks. :ssh:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Platystemon posted:

Residential bathrooms have sinks. :ssh:

:eyepop:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Older houses here :japan: often have a urinal right next to a toilet because drunk old men are gross and can't control themselves. (Maybe the toilet used to be a raised squatter and they'd hurt themselves on the ledge.)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The worst part of residential urinals is that it isn’t a bidet.

:colbert:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That house is 100% from one of the Dishonored games.

E: particularly, "The Grand Palace" level in D2

spookykid fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 1, 2021

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/wtfbuildings/status/1355940177353584645

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

MrYenko posted:

The worst part of residential urinals is that it isn’t a bidet.

:colbert:

Only time you need a bidet for piss is when that piss comes from your rear end.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I don’t recognize that part of Kentucky.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Only time you need a bidet for piss is when that piss comes from your rear end.

It's nice to rinse the piss out of your pubes if you're someone with an innie instead of an outie.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Platystemon posted:

I don’t recognize that part of Kentucky.

:yeshaha:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

International headquarters of the Turtle Club.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stand atop it and use the quake medallion.

Geaelith
Jan 14, 2017

DogoDogo posted:

(To the tune of "Rock and Roll McDonalds") DRACULA MCMANSION, YEAH

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

DogoDogo posted:

I live in a tiny nondescript bungalow and I'm still willing to decry this thing as arriviste bullshit

Jows
May 8, 2002

B-Nasty posted:

To be fair, urinals are pretty much the optimal way for males to take a piss indoors. They use less water than a toilet, and they contain the spray and drips better than standing at a toilet.

The only reason they're not more prevalent is that people find them ugly/weird in residential bathrooms.

Counterpoint: urinals will smell and leak over time and they're loving disgusting without constant care and maintenance. Way more than a toilet.

Granted my experience is a "high use" scenario from college fraternity house living. But still, no thanks.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Please stop talking about urinals, you just reminded me of the pervert who'd burrow himself behind urinals. :barf:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

By popular demand posted:

Please stop talking about urinals, you just reminded me of the pervert who'd burrow himself behind urinals. :barf:

I think that's a "you" problem

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Jows posted:

Counterpoint: urinals will smell and leak over time and they're loving disgusting without constant care and maintenance. Way more than a toilet.

Granted my experience is a "high use" scenario from college fraternity house living. But still, no thanks.

I'd argue the piss splatter on every surface within a 5 foot blast radius of a male-used toilet is way nastier. For a fun experiment, take a blacklight flashlight into a bathroom and shine it near a toilet.

I can't think of any surface in a frat house that isn't disgusting and smelly.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That's why you just piss out the bedroom window, keeps the bathroom clean and saves you a trip!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Rytheric posted:

As you can see from the blueprint the [box truck based] tiny home will come complete with a closet and battery cabinet, a bedroom, a screened in porch, and a firepit. The firepit was a defining point in the building of this tiny home as after I posted it I learned a lot about structural drywall, the need for insulating stairwells steps, and that structural wood I-beams are okay to cut as long as you're only putting several thousand pound tubs on them to complete a doom theme.

:stonklol:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

B-Nasty posted:

To be fair, you can also clean your bathroom once a week and not pay for the plumbing and fixtures for a urinal that only really works for penis-havers.

edit: All bets are off for frat houses. Should never be used as a measuring stick for anything other than how fast you can rack up alcohol poisoning and rape charges.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 1, 2021

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I wonder when they will realize they seem to have forgotten about a particular basic human need that typically requires specific equipment to handle?

Or are they just going to go squat outside like an animal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Darchangel posted:

I wonder when they will realize they seem to have forgotten about a particular basic human need that typically requires specific equipment to handle?

Or are they just going to go squat outside like an animal?

There are two pit toilets available