Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

Also huge thing, they show the kids get force fields from their digivices

If they only showed that *every single time* they got attacked prior to now, that would have solved SO much of the 'how are they still alive' ness

When was this in the episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Omnicrom posted:

When was this in the episode?

Right after she got the digivice, we see a bubble form around Kari keeping her safe

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

Right after she got the digivice, we see a bubble form around Kari keeping her safe

I just took that as Important Plot Moment Related Digivice Magic rather than Every Day Digivice Magic. This franchise is not new to one-off things like that happening.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Would the forcefield also help Taichi when Wargreymon does his tornado attack?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

We have official renders of those Magnamon and Alphamon variants.

Say what you will about their being recolors but I think they look sharp.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

We have official renders of those Magnamon and Alphamon variants.

Dude, we're Digimon fans

There's like an 80% overlap between us, toku fans and Transformer fans

I'm pretty sure a good number of us are fond of Mortal Kombat for one reason or another

No one is going to say poo poo about a good recolor

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

Please, I'm sure most if not all of us have a recoloured or slightly redecoed Digimon in our favourites list.

This one's my personal example,

I wish it got a cool DCG card since it got nothing during the Jintrix era.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

reminder that NiseDrimogemon is superior to the real deal.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1356437327506153473?s=19

gently caress this looks cool

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I continue to hope in vain for a ShineGreymon out of this line.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I really want to get that Machinedramon one they're doing.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

While I wish it had been crimson mode because there's very little merch of it I'm sure as poo poo not turning my nose up at this because it looks loving sick.

Well, now we wait to see if they do MegaGargomon amplified or Beelzemon amplified, because MegaGargomon will imply a Sakuyamon and maybe possibly a Justimon, whereas Beelzemon would imply skipping those.

Nodosaur posted:

I continue to hope in vain for a ShineGreymon out of this line.

From the looks of it they're gong series by series, so if they make a Susanoomon there's hope for ShineGreymon.

Akett fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 2, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Please, I'm sure most if not all of us have a recoloured or slightly redecoed Digimon in our favourites list.
Does ToyAgumon count?

Edit: If not, I change my answer to BlackToyAgumon. :smugbert:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 2, 2021

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Please, ClearAgumon

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Surely you guys must be joking, it's clearly ToyAgumon L

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Call me shallow but mine is BlackWarGreymon.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Soulmon fan here to rep for "slightly redecoed"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Mine is whichever Megakabuterimon counts as the recolor :v:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
BomberNanimon is probably my personal favorite as it takes one of my least favorite Digimon(Nanimon) and with just a few changes he becomes awesome instead of gross, also cause he led to one of the most interesting examples of censorship in the franchise's history as it actually resulted in something creative*

*it'll never happen but I would love for Citramon to be made an official Digimon someday

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Speaking of which was anyone else here around back when a guy from the company that drew censored anime stuff made a thread asking people to help him make the Data Squad logo? This was before the localization was announced IIRC. He mentioned citramon (though not by name) in the OP.

He only got a few replies in they were just “gently caress off, we aren’t doing your job for you”

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zore posted:

Mine is whichever Megakabuterimon counts as the recolor :v:

Red. Blue is the original. Same goes for MetalGreymon Virus and Vaccine, no matter what Toei/Bandai pretend.

drrockso20 posted:

BomberNanimon is probably my personal favorite as it takes one of my least favorite Digimon(Nanimon) and with just a few changes he becomes awesome instead of gross, also cause he led to one of the most interesting examples of censorship in the franchise's history as it actually resulted in something creative*

*it'll never happen but I would love for Citramon to be made an official Digimon someday

Sistermon Ciel was made into a real Digimon so who knows. It's unlikely at this point but weirder things have happened!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Sistermon Ciel was made into a real Digimon so who knows. It's unlikely at this point but weirder things have happened!

Sistermon Ciel is a weird case because when they went and made her an official Digimon (and not just a culturally appropriate palette swap) they completely changed her. The version in Hacker's Memories is Sistermon Noir but light blue, the version that got in the reference book and started appearing in V-pets fights with a sword and has completely different attacks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Got a cute new friend today, and goddamn I will take all the photos of him I can.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
As loving terrible as Digimon Adventure Tri was, I always find myself coming back to this performance of Butterfly and really feeling touched by it. Am I alone in that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSLDC75BEpQ

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Scratchman Apoo posted:

As loving terrible as Digimon Adventure Tri was, I always find myself coming back to this performance of Butterfly and really feeling touched by it. Am I alone in that?

Nah, I 100% agree. Tri did nearly everything wrong, but as usual of Digimon, the music never fails, and this was no exception. It feels like the best way to finally, several years too late, say goodbye to Adventure and move on, with a chorus from every character and every important singer...

...so of course we get nothing but Adventure even years after Tri ended.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Tri let everyone else hit Mega, it gets points for that too.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I gave up on Tri after the first ep and never finished it because it was boring as hell. This version of Butterfly still tugs my heartstrings

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Even though this includes Mei and is the new cast instead of the original Adventure cast, it's awesome. I totally agree.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Digimon App Monsters watch update. Just finished episode 7 and all the main cast has been introduced now.

I don't hate it but drat does this show make it difficult not to sometimes with the way the narrator screeches at you constantly and how the show makes characters say their catch phases every five seconds to the point where it becomes their sole defining personality trait (I swear to God if I hear the phrase "Big Bang Punch" one more time...). It has a very "committee of forty year old marketing executives trying to make something hip with the kids" vibe to it which I'm not the biggest fan of. That said there are some interesting tidbits here and there like the main villain apparently being part of/owning a megacorp that one of the main party members works for which are keeping me interested enough to keep going for now.

Also while YouTube streamer kid is obnoxious he's also the only character with any sort of depth or complexity which makes him the best character in the show. Fight me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

readingatwork posted:

Also while YouTube streamer kid is obnoxious he's also the only character with any sort of depth or complexity which makes him the best character in the show. Fight me.

I could, but instead of that, I'll tell you to keep watching and let the series do the fighting for me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Scratchman Apoo posted:

This performance makes me feel emotions.

jivjov posted:

Tri let everyone else hit Mega, it gets points for that too.
[obligatory praise of the Vikemon and Rosemon scene in 2]

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

readingatwork posted:

Digimon App Monsters watch update. Just finished episode 7 and all the main cast has been introduced now.

I don't hate it but drat does this show make it difficult not to sometimes with the way the narrator screeches at you constantly and how the show makes characters say their catch phases every five seconds to the point where it becomes their sole defining personality trait (I swear to God if I hear the phrase "Big Bang Punch" one more time...). It has a very "committee of forty year old marketing executives trying to make something hip with the kids" vibe to it which I'm not the biggest fan of. That said there are some interesting tidbits here and there like the main villain apparently being part of/owning a megacorp that one of the main party members works for which are keeping me interested enough to keep going for now.

I'm at ep 5 or 6 I think? and I want to throttle someone every time they play that pitch-shifted fusion stock animation. I'm trusting this thread that it gets better, because oh boy is it obnoxious so far

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Would it honestly have killed them to of started doing episodes like this a dozen or so weeks back? Honestly.

The episode moved perhaps a little bit too fast to finish this particular character bit, but the mere fact that the show had an episode where someone actually talks about what they were feeling and how the events of the series have impacted them is a huge step up over the last arc and my god is that damning the show with faint praise. More of this and fewer of those rolling 20 minute fight scenes would have gone a very long way towards helping the show.

And oh! Hey! Look! A way they could have tied the episodes together and gotten everyone involved! Shuffle the events of some of these episodes around and you could have gotten some pretty good episodes about them reuniting while working to destroy Millenniumon fragments.

Also also the Digimon encyclopedia entry for next week is going to be Blitz Greymon so look forward to him. At the very least I'm glad they're finally going to try and do something about the ISS and that Koushirou will be doing something other than popping in once an episode to remind people that that's still happening in the background.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

readingatwork posted:

Oh yeah no, if you don’t want to know about something’s grove property or how Eri is going to hit something (and rarely does) then, i’m not gonna lie, the show can get a bit interminable

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Seriously wondering if I'm being pranked right now.

On the other hand these Leviathan telephone dudes that nobody acknowledges are great and giving me Utena vibes in the best possible way:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Omnicrom posted:

Also also the Digimon encyclopedia entry for next week is going to be Blitz Greymon so look forward to him.

Wait what? I was googling to see what alternate Tentomon mega that was in the preview, are they really gonna give WarGreymon an alternate form in an episode claiming to be about Koushiro?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Justin_Brett posted:

Wait what? I was googling to see what alternate Tentomon mega that was in the preview, are they really gonna give WarGreymon an alternate form in an episode claiming to be about Koushiro?

Looks like it!

Blitz Greymon (and Cres Garurumon and Omegamon Alter-S) were in the digivice toy for Adventure 20 along with Pegasmon, and since Pegasmon did indeed show up in the show…

Broadly I think this sucks and I'm of the opinion they should have given EVERYONE an upgraded Perfect form if not entirely new evolution lines, and similarly if you're giving out alternate Ultimate forms everyone should get them as well, but Adventure 20 has made numerous mistakes by this point.

If Tentomon ever gets around to evolving into Ultimate they're apparently going to stick to using Heracles Kabuterimon, which wouldn't be bad except that Koushirou is explicitly a secondary character in the show because apparently ensemble casting is for the weak.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Episode was good but

Yeah if BlitzGreymon shows up next episode, God drat It. I saw one theory that's kinda neat that it could be a fusion form between Metal Greymon and MegaKabuterimon

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Right now my favourite character is probably Komondomon. He’s such a good dog/tank/submarine.

Can we get them in any games yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Burkion posted:

Episode was good but

Yeah if BlitzGreymon shows up next episode, God drat It. I saw one theory that's kinda neat that it could be a fusion form between Metal Greymon and MegaKabuterimon

This would certainly be the most correct way to do it, IMO, but we'll see.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Right now my favourite character is probably Komondomon. He’s such a good dog/tank/submarine.

Can we get them in any games yet?

He's raisable in the Metal Empire Pendulum Z I believe.