Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Breakfast All Day posted:

*quoting an lf thread poster 100 posts deep in a slapfight over bolshevik sects in 1910s* this guy probably doesnt even have a nyt subscription for their ipad pro

God, do these commie freaks even read WaPo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
d&d: :qq: why do they get a thread to mock us in
cspam: boy I wish they had a thread to mock us in

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Populon posted:

Aren't we supposed to be politics fyad?

Yeah but we haven't fooled an admin into thinking they're part of our cool kids' club so we don't get the protection

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao when I worked in the restaurant 'get your face hosed' was like breathing

'hey rotten lemme get a side of turkey gravy'

'how about you get your face hosed until I get my miller lite?'

'thanks rotten, love ya, you know I got yours as soon as I clock out'

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

God, do these commie freaks even read WaPo?

wow, 200 pages about kids in cages and not one person has attempted to define what a cage is or whether one can ever be said to be inside versus outside a permeable structure. cspam isnt sending their best

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lmao so let me get this straight
denizens of a subforum are bitching to the admins/mods that people on a different subforum are making GBS threads on them/making fun of them
the answer to this somehow isn't "lol grow up you loving baby" but closing down multiple threads in c-spam and banning making GBS threads on d&d
then when frustrated posters react they get a ban and a month probe
and the best part is that none of this will ever change, they'll open another "we're here to hear" thread where they pretend to listen to the plebs and then ignore everyone except the forums equivalent of twitter bluechecks (their discord pals presumably)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

D&D could never have a mock thread because they would inevitably descend into snapping at each other over the lack of :decorum:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Doctor Jeep posted:

lmao so let me get this straight
denizens of a subforum are bitching to the admins/mods that people on a different subforum are making GBS threads on them/making fun of them
the answer to this somehow isn't "lol grow up you loving baby" but closing down multiple threads in c-spam and banning making GBS threads on d&d
then when frustrated posters react they get a ban and a month probe
and the best part is that none of this will ever change, they'll open another "we're here to hear" thread where they pretend to listen to the plebs and then ignore everyone except the forums equivalent of twitter bluechecks (their discord pals presumably)

they feel our pain OP

what more do you want, material change? might as well ask for a pony while you're at it

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Excelzior posted:

D&D could never have a mock thread because they would inevitably descend into snapping at each other over the lack of :decorum:

The No Deccorum Zone

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
cspam poster: doodoo peepee trump fart

d&d poster: ahem. look at this rubbish talk. why no citations? why do I even bother. it's obvious when you compare the true definition of a "doodoo" derived from this obscure mid-19th century treatise on Italian neo-feudalistic trade paradigms (with a nod to the arcane Sumerian phrase "she dur 𒆪 𒂉") that trump is more of a hurp-a-durp than a wheel-go-lightly. ugh. cspam is the worst

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I don't read posts and threads on SA that will make me mad irl.

If someone doesn't like what is being said, don't read it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

haha just close your eyes and walk away. logoff.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

d&d: :qq: why do they get a thread to mock us in
cspam: boy I wish they had a thread to mock us in

lol i know but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409Pjtq7jzY

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

neutral milf hotel posted:

cspam poster: doodoo peepee trump fart

d&d poster: ahem. look at this rubbish talk. why no citations? why do I even bother. it's obvious when you compare the true definition of a "doodoo" derived from this obscure mid-19th century treatise on Italian neo-feudalistic trade paradigms (with a nod to the arcane Sumerian phrase "she dur 𒆪 𒂉") that trump is more of a hurp-a-durp than a wheel-go-lightly. ugh. cspam is the worst

You’re giving them too much credit. More like

CSPAM Poster: lmao Joe Biden wants to open schools up without requiring teachers get vaccines first

D&D poster: can you believe how ridiculous CSPAM is? Just making GBS threads on Grandpa Joe over the vaccine thing without mentioning his well crafted plan to ensure seven year olds social distance on the slide. Also, does CSPAM realize that Trump would have reopened schools even more quickly?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HashtagGirlboss posted:

You’re giving them too much credit. More like

CSPAM Poster: lmao Joe Biden wants to open schools up without requiring teachers get vaccines first

D&D poster: can you believe how ridiculous CSPAM is? Just making GBS threads on Grandpa Joe over the vaccine thing without mentioning his well crafted plan to ensure seven year olds social distance on the slide. Also, does CSPAM realize that Trump would have reopened schools even more quickly?

Grandpa Joe has been president for 19 days and refuses to do anything without kowtowing to republicans first.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

at least the relatives & teachers that die because of reopening have the peace of knowing there isnt a gotdang cheeto in the white house

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
Gee all the "Drumpf is a gay-for-putin psycho crazy mental patient senile insane person" liberals sure are mad about ableism in that tweet with the Weeknd being confused like biden.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Breakfast All Day posted:

at least the relatives & teachers that die because of reopening have the peace of knowing there isnt a gotdang cheeto in the white house

should have went to brunch more I dunno

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

biden announces use of defense production act to create over 10 million combination backpack, bullet shield, ventilator, and body bags by 2025

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

it's just common knowledge that $3 mimosas boost the immune system against corona-family viruses.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
It's pathetic that mods close threads in CSPAM because DnD is too dumb to not look. On the other hand, I'm sure USPOL is so dire in the Biden admin that I can't blame then for reading CSPAM instead.

It's weird how "stop being lovely about accusers and about posters who question neoliberal policy" isn't an option. All the debate happens in CSPAM while the people who can't defend their opinions post in Debate & Discussion, this is fine, dunno why the CSPAM posters keep screwing it up.

really queer Christmas posted:

The FTV and Jimmy Dore chat loving killed the thread and the solution should have been mods/iks jumping in to quelch it when it kept getting heated or going in for pages at a time.
95% of Dore chat was dnd posters complaining about how much CSPAM supposedly loves Dore. Reopen succzone and close USPOL.

PerniciousKnid has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Feb 8, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

My one hope for the Biden administration is that he reempowers the CFPB so they can go after businesses that place a three drink limit on their ‘bottomless’ mimosa promotion

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

HashtagGirlboss posted:

My one hope for the Biden administration is that he reempowers the CFPB so they can go after businesses that place a three drink limit on their ‘bottomless’ mimosa promotion

Make your own mimosas

Seize the means of getting drunk by noon

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Look, it's either a 3 drink limit per item ordered, or we get the beefsquatch back.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The cfpb is the liberal ideal of a new rulemaking body who enacts a million lines of hypertechnical poo poo to help consumers which 1) doesn't help them and 2) has no enforcement mechanism of note so it can just be ignored anyways

But judge they violated tila and respa disclosures on my mortgage!!!
Foreclosure judge: yes, and

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
jorts biden give me two thousand dollars

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raskolnikov38 posted:

maybe the mods and admins could generally chill out and ignore the d&d discord that’s obviously reporting anything they don’t like

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Even extremely milk toast McSweeney's is making fun of the I Believe Science crowd now.

https://twitter.com/mcsweeneys/status/1358785154202927104?s=20

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

cfpb is a mashup "give cthuhlu data's emotions chip" solution ot capitalism

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

bedpan posted:

I don't read posts and threads on SA that will make me mad irl.

If someone doesn't like what is being said, don't read it.

mods are cops and D&D is full is stupid assholes but I'll also say that there are a dozen or so CSPAM posters that really could use to shut the gently caress up about what people are posting in D&D because if I cared about what was being posted in D&D I would read D&D.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

Gee all the "Drumpf is a gay-for-putin psycho crazy mental patient senile insane person" liberals sure are mad about ableism in that tweet with the Weeknd being confused like biden.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Wtf is that Fly Molo ban plus 30?

a good start

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
remember when a DnD poster made a kill/doxx list of CSPAM posters and the mods covered for him lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Best government regulatory group is the chemical safety board

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Phi230 posted:

remember when a DnD poster made a kill/doxx list of CSPAM posters and the mods covered for him lol

i don't remember that but shut the gently caress up, get a clue dude

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr. Lobe posted:

was it fluffdaddy or some other freak mod who shut down the joe biden rape accusation talk in the minority forums when it first came out

Mr. Lobe posted:

I checked, it was fluffdaddy

add rape apologist to the list of my grievances, thanks

fucker locked a thread for daring to talk about it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:thunk:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

( USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST )

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
idk why every1 is getting mad at the libs, they are just following their leader j robinette bidens strategy of getting their posting enemies probed/banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

alarumklok posted:

Good morning, gently caress you to you too!