Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, but, the thing is: Bob hasn't changed at all, which is a good thing. No matter how long he's spent away from the IZ, Bob is Bob.

*ghostly howls of "Quake is back, baby!!", "Oh my God. The server is full. Holy poo poo." while never realizing he's playing vs bots echoing in the distance*

And for that I am grateful.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, but, the thing is: Bob hasn't changed at all, which is a good thing. No matter how long he's spent away from the IZ, Bob is Bob.

*ghostly howls of "Quake is back, baby!!", "Oh my God. The server is full. Holy poo poo." while never realizing he's playing vs bots echoing in the distance*

And for that I am grateful.

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i took a small break from all the mini-games and i'm at majima now.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i took a small break from all the mini-games and i'm at majima now.

congrats on the new minigames

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Should be able to finish up yakuza 0 this weekend, 3 chapters left. Godly game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm going to have to play this whole game again just to get screencaps. i'm surprised half of the posts in the Imp Zone aren't just Yakuza screens.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

i'm going to have to play this whole game again just to get screencaps. i'm surprised half of the posts in the Imp Zone aren't just Yakuza screens.

But it is?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ruffini posted:

But it is?

lol fair enough. as it should be.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

currently getting a lesson about 1980s tax law in Japan.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i need to get back to my kiwami 2 playthrough at somepoint...and there's majima chapters in that I really want to check out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

currently getting a lesson about 1980s tax law in Japan.

that side quest pwns, majima realizing he designed a new tax is pure gold

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

that side quest pwns, majima realizing he designed a new tax is pure gold

lol yeah, it really starts taking off once majima gets into the whole thing. i think so far my favorite side stories have all been majima's (doll girl, the cult quest, and bag phone guy all own), but i like playing as kiryu more overall for some reason.

got a little too drunk on the valentine's day wine and started getting emotional about the doll girl quest, thinking "drat, imagine someone so small and helpless caring about you that much, looking up at you with those starry eyes" before my son interrupted to call for a glass of water and i was like "oh, yeah...."

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The tax Majima invented loving sucks and everyone in Japan hates it.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Eran-kun is another good Majima substory

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
finally finished and absolutely loved yakuza 0. my only complaint which i got over pretty quickly after the second time it happened and just accepted that This Is The Way Things Are was that bullets just don't seem to hurt people in the yakuza universe. when someone gets stabbed though you know they're done for

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

finally finished and absolutely loved yakuza 0. my only complaint which i got over pretty quickly after the second time it happened and just accepted that This Is The Way Things Are was that bullets just don't seem to hurt people in the yakuza universe. when someone gets stabbed though you know they're done for

lol yeah, the series really doubles down on this too.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Some of the Yakuza games have extremely powerful cutscene guns. It all just depends on who's being shot at.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Shot in the leg? Walk it off bitch. Also, fight this yakuza boss.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I really shouldn’t but I want to play Y0 again

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

play it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My complaint with yakuza 0 and most yakuza games is they never really feel like the period of time they're supposed to take place in. Y0 doesn't really feel like the 80s and K1 doesn't really feel like the early aughts.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Empress Brosephine posted:

My complaint with yakuza 0 and most yakuza games is they never really feel like the period of time they're supposed to take place in. Y0 doesn't really feel like the 80s and K1 doesn't really feel like the early aughts.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

its weird how in certain cutscenes being shot is certain death and in other cutscenes people get shot and keep fighting and in the game getting shot just mildly hurts but stuns you but it it what it is

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Ive only played zero but Im probably going to jump right to seven because I got hyped when I heard how they change the game up by making it a JRPG

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
7 is very good. It has a few ties to 6 specifically and also just the general themes of the series as a whole, but you won't be missing out on much by playing it after 0 instead of at the end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

so dojima's widow just appears out of nowhere in Kiwami 2 right? i don't remember her appearing anywhere at all

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

so dojima's widow just appears out of nowhere in Kiwami 2 right? i don't remember her appearing anywhere at all

she was in a quest in 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ_LZo75XbA

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There’s a sub story that she appears in in K1 where she confronts you about her husband’s death, don’t know if it’s from the first game or if they retconned her in for Kiwami. But K2 is the first time she’s in a main story

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

There’s a sub story that she appears in in K1 where she confronts you about her husband’s death, don’t know if it’s from the first game or if they retconned her in for Kiwami. But K2 is the first time she’s in a main story

it was in original 1 as well

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ah okay, ty. thought i was going bonkers

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao i just posted on facebook about having some mahjong troubles and my online shitposting friend from the early aughts responded. she has a Ph D from loving Oxford, has published a few books, is a tenured professor and has gotten doxxed more than once, so she got more cautious on social media and we haven't chatted much recently, but she was like "ahh, i'm suffering from similar difficulties. let's find a time to chat on Zoom?? i'm on GMT." yakuza reconnecting old friends ftw. thank you, sega.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
she wants the doge

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
awesome

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am probably about to have a voiced, on camera conversation with someone i have been making shitposts with for seventeen years because of a video game mini-game, i'm loving dying

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

That is rad

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lmao i just posted on facebook about having some mahjong troubles and my online shitposting friend from the early aughts responded. she has a Ph D from loving Oxford, has published a few books, is a tenured professor and has gotten doxxed more than once, so she got more cautious on social media and we haven't chatted much recently, but she was like "ahh, i'm suffering from similar difficulties. let's find a time to chat on Zoom?? i'm on GMT." yakuza reconnecting old friends ftw. thank you, sega.

And then everyone stood up singing Queen's We Are The Champions and everyone patted my back telling me how fuckawesome I am for daring to belt this legendary tune out by myself before everyone joined in Harmoniously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

And then everyone stood up singing Queen's We Are The Champions and everyone patted my back telling me how fuckawesome I am for daring to belt this legendary tune out by myself before everyone joined in Harmoniously.

lol