Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Really? Not sure how I feel about an instrument of war in a kitchen

OK you jest but that's exactly what you use to sprööt whipped cream on your cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Not a real cake until you've sprööt'ed all over it

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

titties posted:

The offset makes it easier to use the entire flat of the blade and have it contact the food at a better angle. Also it keeps your knuckles from hitting the food but it has to be a large food before that is a concern

That's a fish knife, this is a butter knife:

Tea In A Shoe
Feb 1, 2009
The best butter knives are made out of juniper and bought from an outdoors market stall, but you almost never have to because that one knife lasts forever. Foreigners don't even know how to put dish drying cabinets on top of the sink. :colbert:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

The can opener is right-handed, not the butter knife...right?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tea In A Shoe posted:

The best butter knives are made out of juniper and bought from an outdoors market stall, but you almost never have to because that one knife lasts forever.

I bought a real nice wooden cheese knife for my dad a couple of years ago and he started making his own as a hobby until he remembered be was supposed to be rebuilding a classic car. Much like him in not sure where I'm going with this.

quote:

Foreigners don't even know how to put dish drying cabinets on top of the sink. :colbert:

When I do over my kitchen I'm going to see if I can build this concept into it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Tea In A Shoe posted:

Foreigners don't even know how to put dish drying cabinets on top of the sink. :colbert:

Well that seems to be where Japan got it from. It's quite common to have an open rack like that over the sink, especially in apartments with tiny counterspace.

I also have a butter knife... and the margarine tubs have a little notch so you store the butter knife in the tub in the fridge.

This guy's margarine looks just like mine.
http://yoshi-blog.okabami.com/?eid=1011178

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I bought a cutlery set years ago which had some pate knives in it. I don't eat pate, but they make great butter knives.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/UrbanFoxxxx/status/1062683082506018816?s=20

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
you use the butter knife to transfer a pat of butter to your bread plate. you use your table knife to butter each bite of bread.

bunch of philistines.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Please don't play Jenga with apartment buildings.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.

Underneath is a set of stairs and the drain goes down through them (off to the side). In addition it looks to be open to the upstairs hallway. As a final bonus, I checked on streetview and the window does appear to have line of sight to the parking lot of the bakery next door. I don't know if there is a sink.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Some good ones

https://imgur.com/gallery/hbVAG6y

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Danhenge posted:

Yeah, there are a number of older houses like this in our area, where they've clearly gone through 2-3 stages of additions plus like turning the attic into a finished space which have turned the whole thing into a weird, cramped labyrinth. I promise that place is like twice as claustrophobic as it looks in the photos.

Our realtor even took us to a place that I explicitly told her we weren't going to buy because I wanted to see it so bad. One master bedroom has a large bathing tub inexplicably set into the wall, in addition to there being an attached master bath and another bathroom down the hall.

When my parents owned a house in Mankato, MN it was really weird. The center part of the house was built in 1865. That was one giant room with what would have originally been 2 small bedrooms to the side. In 1885, someone split one of the rooms put a bathroom in and added a really cock-eyed edition and moved the kitchen in there. That had inside basement access. Full sized basement, dirt floor, low ceilings, really weird access using very unsafe stairs through a trap door.
Then in 1985, someone put another edition on with a dining room and a sitting room. They also added a 3 season porch that was exactly as poorly made as you think.

It was a shotgun house because those were cool at the time and the lot was narrow.

The three season porch was attached to the brick and had no foundation. As such, it pulled part of the 2 layered brick wall apart because of frost heaves. It cost the about $15,000 to fix before they sold it.

It was a ridiculous house with not a single plumb wall or level floor. The main house was nice though. One big room with a nice sitting area divided by furniture.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think I remember that SCP.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, so that's what they mean when they say "built like a brick shithouse" eh?

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

I was waiting for this.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

That strange guy posted:

I was waiting for this.

I was hoping I had already seen that for the last time.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

man europe is so loving fancy. around here we just call them favelas

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Hey, the outhouse is still intact, its the ground that gave way.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

if you have time to lean it you have time to clean it

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Facebook Aunt posted:

"Jesus Christ, boy! What did you eat?!?"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

kid sinister posted:

"Jesus Christ, boy! What did you eat?!?"

Meatloaf, but I'm watching my cholesterol so I made it with lean beef.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I bought a cutlery set years ago which had some pate knives in it. I don't eat pate, but they make great butter knives.

These loving rule

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Meatloaf, but I'm watching my cholesterol so I made it with lean beef.

get out

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Leaning tower of poopy?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oh my god. The amount of stench that has to be coming from that sink.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Facebook Aunt posted:

toilet heard u talking poo poo

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Proteus Jones posted:

Oh my god. The amount of stench that has to be coming from that sink.

There's a trap on the pipe, it should be fine?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Computer viking posted:

There's a trap on the pipe, it should be fine?

Ah, when I first looked, it looked like a straight drop from the sink to me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

titties posted:

These loving rule

They're Laguiole Andre Verdier Printemps cutlery. Which is a hell of an impressive sounding name, but the quality is definitely middle of the road.

And a lot of sites want to charge you a LOT of money for them, but you can find often them pretty cheap in Australia. The retailer Harris Scarf has a 24 piece set for $60, while online US sites have the same set for a lot more.

This is the pate/cheese spreader set I got for about $10:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 18, 2021

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Thought these looked familiar! Bought my wife a set of the steak knives a couple years ago. They're fabulous.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Nowhere near enough triangles

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They're Laguiole Andre Verdier Printemps cutlery. Which is a hell of an impressive sounding name, but the quality is definitely middle of the road.

And a lot of sites want to charge you a LOT of money for them, but you can find often them pretty cheap in Australia. The retailer Harris Scarf has a 24 piece set for $60, while online US sites have the same set for a lot more.

This is the pate/cheese spreader set I got for about $10:

Oh yeah, my rents have some of these for table knives. They are ok as it was said. Do they have a little sorta bee by the handle?

E: A little fly

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I instinctively recoil from cutlery that looks like that. I want it to be shaped from a single piece of metal, possibly some wood around the tangs for fancy. I've had knives and forks before that looked like that and fell apart after only a few years. Solid stainless steel will last longer than I will live.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

I think I remember that SCP.

There's a bar across the river that has a shorter version of this. It's just wide enough for a fat person (me) and it makes me feel claustrophobia whenever I have to use it.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

wesleywillis posted:

Leaning tower of poopy?

So close. Leaning Tower of Pisser.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

His Divine Shadow posted:

I instinctively recoil from cutlery that looks like that. I want it to be shaped from a single piece of metal, possibly some wood around the tangs for fancy. I've had knives and forks before that looked like that and fell apart after only a few years. Solid stainless steel will last longer than I will live.
It looks like those are metal all the way with a handle bolted on to both sides.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kaom posted:

Nowhere near enough triangles

why would you do this.. what is wrong with just like having the whole house extend that much further. It's going to be a pain in the dick to roof and side and well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

The foundation is poo poo probably