Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Lid posted:

Scarlett Bourdeaux.
...why does everyone act like she's doing this gimmick against her will?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

davidbix posted:

...why does everyone act like she's doing this gimmick against her will?

I have not noticed this.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ICR posted:

So Miz will go down as a legend in the WWE and amazing wrestling mans because “he married a smoking hot woman.”

the patriot fan 'tom brady lost' defense

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Royal Updog posted:

I have not noticed this.

I can only imagine the wildly bad takes Bix has to experience.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Miz kiss his son strangely on the lips. It is not right.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Royal Updog posted:

I have not noticed this.
This is far from the first time I've seen that kind of opinion; the Voices of Wrestling Twitter account mentions it a lot during NXT shows.

And does anyone REALLY want to see a WWE version of the Smokeshow gimmick? Does anyone actually think they would pull that off in the way that Scarlett has always tried to do it?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Taya Valkyrie vs. Misogyny could make a billion dollars in a company that wasn't the dirt worst

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

davidbix posted:

This is far from the first time I've seen that kind of opinion; the Voices of Wrestling Twitter account mentions it a lot during NXT shows.

And does anyone REALLY want to see a WWE version of the Smokeshow gimmick? Does anyone actually think they would pull that off in the way that Scarlett has always tried to do it?

Oh i was only using it as an example if someone signed and stripped of all the reasons she was wanted in the first place. It would be terrible and I said when she was signed how the gently caress are they going to do The Smokeshow and they instead just made her a haunted member of the Nightmare Collective.

It would also rule to see how terrible it is because their current "smokeshow" is a school girl coded ingenue with mental illness via possession.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lid posted:

It would also rule to see how terrible it is because their current "smokeshow" is a school girl coded ingenue with mental illness via possession.

Not inaccurate

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Lid posted:

Oh i was only using it as an example if someone signed and stripped of all the reasons she was wanted in the first place. It would be terrible and I said when she was signed how the gently caress are they going to do The Smokeshow and they instead just made her a haunted member of the Nightmare Collective.

Gotcha.

Also, you gotta keep in mind that she's a huge wrestling geek who just happens to look like the opposite of a stereotypical wrestling geek. She was a regular in the crowd at Shimmer shows as a teenager, after all. Of course she's going to want to show her range and try something completely different.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what da gently caress is a smokeshow

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Seams posted:

Can't call Tall Paul that anymore due to copyright reasons

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Seams posted:

those dudes who blow super cool blunt clouds on tick tock

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Seams posted:

Wardlow

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Seams posted:

a Cody entrance

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Smoke show is when Noob Saibot reprogrammed Smoke into serving both as his ally and a template for a future army of cyber-demons. just kidding. if you say what a smokeshow really is, you'll get put on probation. But you can keep saying the word which is describing what it is. Smokeshow

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

AEW Sting is Frosty

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Seams posted:

Scarlett's nickname in Impact, where she started out as a mean alpha female heel but eventually went babyface by ramping up the "empowered woman who is comfortable with her sexuality" gimmick. Impact has its own share of issues, but I cannot possibly imagine WWE doing a non-hosed up job with that gimmick.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

A smokeshow is that scene with Gandalf from FotR

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

davidbix posted:

Scarlett's nickname in Impact, where she started out as a mean alpha female heel but eventually went babyface by ramping up the "empowered woman who is comfortable with her sexuality" gimmick. Impact has its own share of issues, but I cannot possibly imagine WWE doing a non-hosed up job with that gimmick.

I'm sure third time will be the charm for the Emmalina gimmick in that case.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Scarlett has definitely gone the extra mile to make sure her character looks the way she wants in NXT. Whether that is good or bad we will have to wait for someone who has watched NXT to stumble onto the forums, but she's definitely invested!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scarlett could make people actually die just by looking at her and I still don't think that would be capable of getting a nickname like "Angel of Doom" over

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Maki in NXT is a cursed thought.

This sentiment is funny because despite all their problems the one thing you definitely can't say is that the AEW women's division hasn't raised anyone's stock. They started out without any real huge names (or at least not any huge names in the US) and more than a few complete unknows and now they're at a point where they're putting out some of the best matches in the company and are a legit draw.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The one real positive about AEW women's division is you can sign with them and get national exposure immediately. Leyla Hirsch was appearing on Dynamite just a couple of weeks after first showing up to job on Dark. If she'd signed with WWE at that point she'd still being hidden away in the PC for the next 6 months

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

The one real positive about AEW women's division is you can sign with them and get national exposure immediately. Leyla Hirsch was appearing on Dynamite just a couple of weeks after first showing up to job on Dark. If she'd signed with WWE at that point she'd still being hidden away in the PC for the next 6 months

Unless Vince decides that he doesn't like you in which case it's 6 years.

E: Also it ought to be mentioned that unlike Vince Big Bicep Tony isn't as likely to lower your stock by putting you into some humiliating garbage angle.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 26, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MaskedRyder/status/1365292418854182913

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I like the reply

https://twitter.com/OttaviDavid/status/1365295638598930435?s=20

"Genuinely feel sick about these harmless awards that just sum up the opinions of a small section of the fandom" is a very normal thing to say.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Love to feel sick because a fan vote exists.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Weird that Dave with his Goebbels-esque expertise of the art of propaganda waited this long to tell his audience to not vote for WWE.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

:eyepop:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

Scarlett could make people actually die just by looking at her and I still don't think that would be capable of getting a nickname like "Angel of Doom" over

I do confess I like the strong e-fed energy the name has.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Alaois posted:

Scarlett could make people actually die just by looking at her

Huge if true

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/shaddaypolony/status/1365294987638898692

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm glad we'll get credit for a good thing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Let me tell you how this promotion that's losing a massive chunk of its audience every year totally knows what to do, but those smark promotions who are actually growing their audience are the problem.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"They may have business and creative problems but they know how to run a company and produce a good show" is an interesting take

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike Jones is amazing since I don't have to check anywhere for a Mike Jones take he just appears in the wild.

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1365343103427768323

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The prophecy has been told. When the apocalypse comes and Earth dissolves into the Sun in a few weeks, it will all link back to the Observer Awards going full sweep to AEW.

May god and the WWE have mercy on all our souls.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Fiend4FolIows/status/1365263757207887876

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
@Fiend4Follows

what the gently caress does this even mean?