Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

JUNGLE BOY posted:

We live in a wrestling society x

...where Ring of Honor is a distant memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"Do you believe all that stuff in the bible?!"

"... This is not the show, Dave."

mega lol

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"Do you believe all that stuff in the bible?!"

"... This is not the show, Dave."

mega lol

Fantastic moment.

Thank you for becoming a good poster, EMF, I enjoy reading your stuff these days when you’re not intentionally trying to troll people.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Alex From Puerto Rico was legitimately much worse.

Was he the guy who would not and could not accept WCW was dead no matter how Dave explained it?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Was he the guy who would not and could not accept WCW was dead no matter how Dave explained it?

No, Alex would call in and only talk about wrestling in Puerto Rico, which is fine it was an under covered subject...

But he did so from a phone booth where it was very windy and he would have to constantly repeat himself.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed TK on WOR but he was stumping too hard for his own guys instead of talking about like, how cool Go Shiozaki is. But 1) he's a promoter who's doing to put over his guys and 2) I can't imagine how much bullshit would pop up from TK saying something innocuous about like, Shiozaki and Nakajima so I don't blame him, but it would make for a more natural and fun show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HPJoker posted:

I enjoyed TK on WOR but he was stumping too hard for his own guys instead of talking about like, how cool Go Shiozaki is. But 1) he's a promoter who's doing to put over his guys and 2) I can't imagine how much bullshit would pop up from TK saying something innocuous about like, Shiozaki and Nakajima so I don't blame him, but it would make for a more natural and fun show.

That's because his guys are much cooler than Go but it would have been nice if he said something about how funny Go vs Nakajima was.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty wild that billionaire Tony can’t afford a decent microphone

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Them Impact ads don't come cheap.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

He bought the ones art bell used

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Them Impact ads don't come cheap.
Canonically, they are $100.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Youth Wrestling Foundation would be in AEW's spot right now if Alvarez didn't spend so much money on microphones.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Canonically, they are $100.

Yeah but Christmas only comes once a year. I guess he might get another card from Grandma on his birthday but the other 10 months of the year he has to use his allowance.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Dave always sounds the same to me in his tone, he doesn't have his angry voice like Bryan, but goddamn he seemed mad on he last WOR when going after idiots on Twitter or whatever. I always hear him and Bryan complain about how some folks think AEW has bought them off but I guess I just don't go on Twitter enough (or at all) to see just how many people came out of the woodwork to accuse them of being bought and paid for hacks to trigger such protracted vitriol from Dave.

A lot if it seems directed at Cornette's fans, too. I almost feel bad for Corny, racist idiot that he is. He's apparently alienated just about everyone in his life except these weirdos online who of course aren't is actual friends.

Whatever.

I'm intrigued to hear Ken Shamrock's book recommended so highly by Dave. i might look into it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dave finding it funny how much poo poo was talked about the awards

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Very sad Dave didn't go to the classic "If I was biased toward my friends I would have given Konnan a lot more stars!" defense.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1366196483494584321?s=20

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE has the best wrestlers from the last 20 years employed at this moment, I've soured on almost all of them because the WWE just makes things a slog to watch. AEW has talent nobody heard of 2 years ago excited to watch Dark, Dynamite, and BTE.

I wonder why people prefer AEW doing the best with what they've got and encouraging people to grow versus Nakamura winning the rumble so he can develop a dick punch gimmick and spend the rest of his career just under the IC/US Title division.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave's right

NikkolasKing posted:

I guess I just don't go on Twitter enough (or at all) to see just how many people

you are right not to do this because the stupidity of people on there would blow your mind

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's finally here.

https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1366416421014618118

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Very cool that Luther has the same job as Barack Obama.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

WWE has the best wrestlers from the last 20 years employed at this moment

I keep seeing this sentiment posted in regards to WWE and honestly, at this point, is that even true? Other than Bryan, who o the WWE roster is better than Okada? Tanahashi? Shingo? Omega? Ibushi? Naito? YAMATO? Ben-K? The Bucks? Fenix? PAC?

Baron Corbin and The Miz?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Luther go on the Monumental Podcast

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Endless Mike posted:

Always did.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I keep seeing this sentiment posted in regards to WWE and honestly, at this point, is that even true? Other than Bryan, who o the WWE roster is better than Okada? Tanahashi? Shingo? Omega? Ibushi? Naito? YAMATO? Ben-K? The Bucks? Fenix? PAC?

Hard to say if it’s still the best, but with a roster that has Bryan, Rey, Cesaro, Keith Lee, Shinsuke Nakamura, Roderick strong, Gran Metalik, Becky, Sasha, Asuka, Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali, Bayley, Aleister black, Tyler bate, Walter and literally dozens more great workers they should be putting on amazing tv every week.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dimebags Brain posted:

I think a lot of it is sort of about the older generation. aj styles, samoa joe, steen and generico, etc. of the younger generation you have people like Tommy end, la sombra, uhaa nation, tons more of known indie names, just a smorgasbord of talent. It's also hard to evaluate the more "homegrown" roster members in a world where the booking and script adherence has torpedoed people.

You're right to think about it critically, I think, but in terms of an overall roster it really is stacked.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

A lot of it is quantity. You could create like seven viable feds with the tonnage of competent wrestle people they are hauling

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dimebags Brain posted:

I understand it to mean that the current WWE roster is the best in it's history, not the world's.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Endless Mike posted:

he's murdered way less civvies tho

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I think for sheer depth the WWE roster is the best in the world still, even with the caveat that almost none of the best guys in the company are at their peaks anymore and are almost all clearly worse than the top guys in NJPW at this point. Theyre booked like poo poo in lovely matches, but it wasn't so long ago that AJ and Shinsuke were main eventing the Dome and it's hard to believe Shinsuke wouldn't have tried harder if he were still in Japan grinding away. Ricochet is like an absolute nobody in WWE and not even one of the 10 best guys on their roster aside from booking and he was incredibly beloved for LU and his Japan work. Chad Gable could absolutely be a big time upper midcard guy in a real company. Just look at how relatively lovely Dean Ambrose was perceived when he was there and the moment he got out he won practically every Observer award.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Incessant Excess posted:

I understand it to mean that the current WWE roster is the best in it's history, not the world's.

Yes, it's that.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dimebags Brain posted:

I think it's more of a case of poetic license rather than literal truth. As in that on paper WWE should be putting out at least one of if not the best product in the world, instead of, well, WWE programming.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Just look at how relatively lovely Dean Ambrose was perceived when he was there and the moment he got out he won practically every Observer award.

This is it really. There's endless potential in WWE but it'll never get to work

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it really is incredible the kinda poo poo they had mox doing in WWE and how they tried to portray him

https://twitter.com/duel3000/status/691488727512657921

yeah, this guy:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dean ambrose was always bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he did the best with the material he was given to the point where really stupid stuff with green goo and hot dog carts was pretty well received

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Their roster is loaded with great wrestlers who were/would be big deals in another company, but about half of them are past their primes or on the downturn of their primes: Nakamura, Hardy, Rey, Edge, Styles, Danielson, Orton, etc. Then there's the guys who mostly were biggest on the Indies and young enough they would still be instantly inserted into the top of the picture in AEW, your Zayn and Owens and Gargano types. It's easy to forget just how loaded this company is but you could make the case that their 40th or so "best wrestler" is a guy like Akira Tozawa or Cedric Alexander or something, and those guys are absolutely phenomenal. Kushida was basically a nonentity due to injury for almost a year and they are actually doing programs with him now apparently but he was in several of the best New Japan matches of the four or five years before he left. War Machine went from like a top five tag team in the world to absolutely nothing just by being there; Chad Gable would likely be a big big big star anywhere else on the planet. Ricochet was a huge deal behind a mask on Lucha Underground and in those goofy gymnastics matches with Ospreay, nobody in WWE. Almas is great and isn't even the best of the underappreciated luchadors on the roster. They are STACKED and this isn't even talking about the women's talent they have.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

jesus WEP posted:

he did the best with the material he was given to the point where really stupid stuff with green goo and hot dog carts was pretty well received

Much like Daniel Bryan, he refused to be entirely buried. It's the most powerful thing a WWE wrestler can do

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I had genuinely forgotten about KUSHIDA.

Like, didn't remember there was a wrestler by that name.

That's how much he doesn't exist right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
YO!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1366261097167216648
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1365912273089347585
Free Patreon preview to come this week.