Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

How easy is it for him to get to level 7? Is deleting people with the level 7 Big Bang Kamehameha just a style thing or is it something abusable?

It looks pretty impractical, probably just gonna be used for style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
They're gonna bust the metagame's rear end open with Gogeta and just leave us with him aren't they.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ImpAtom posted:

They already have the superior Pikkon, Piccolo. And the superior inferior Piccolo, Hit.

And yet there's Yamcha.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Star Man posted:

And yet there's Yamcha.

FighterZ is the only thing that has given the poor guy some respect, don't ruin it for him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
With the recent nerfs Yamcha's completely fallen off the map

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Well yeah, obviously. What more Goku are they going to add?

Kid Goku (plays identical to Goku GT but without any of the SS transformations in the specials)

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
no raditz sucks since he would've made a good addition to the roster

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
honestly you could get a season 4 out of, off the top of my dome, Bojack Raditz Super Buu and uhhhh let's say Omega Shenron why not

But that's clearly scraping-the-barrel territory

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
doublepostin cause

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even more Gogeta, intro and outro here. Also people seem sure that he gets a dramatic finish with Blue Gogeta.

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1368386503441715205

They were right to be sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dfZNWqDf0

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

honestly you could get a season 4 out of, off the top of my dome, Bojack Raditz Super Buu and uhhhh let's say Omega Shenron why not

But that's clearly scraping-the-barrel territory

majin vegeta
yajirobe
pilaf gang in their mech
mr. satan
king piccolo
any of the super buu forms really

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm actually surprised that Majin Vegeta isn't in DBFZ yet. I wonder how many henchmen you could squeeze into this game without having to resort to characters like Dodoria. Probably Dabura and perhaps Zarbon because he can transform and had more time on screen than Dodoria did.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh right Dabura's a gimme too

Still at this point it's all pipe dreams because everything about SSJ4 Gogeta has this aura of "yo this is the last character"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

doublepostin cause

They were right to be sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dfZNWqDf0

I may not care about SS4 Gogeta but both Gogetas being really happy about fighting each other and that last Kamehameha clash were incredibly hype and I now think this was a good addition to the cast.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Oh right Dabura's a gimme too

Still at this point it's all pipe dreams because everything about SSJ4 Gogeta has this aura of "yo this is the last character"

everything about UI Goku was "This is the last character", I have no idea how SSJ4 Gogeta snuck in lol

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Here's the Dramatic Finish between the Gogetas. It triggers on both winning, unsurprisingly, with the ending changing and the animations being reversed between winner/loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8U8M7D710k

I find it funny how on SS4 Gogeta losing Goku and Vegeta appear as SS4 but on Blue losing they appear normal though, ArcSys didn't feel like making a base GT Vegeta model for one scene, I imagine.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 7, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's real loving cool

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

Here's the Dramatic Finish between the Gogetas. It triggers on both winning, unsurprisingly, with the ending changing and the animations being reversed between winner/loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8U8M7D710k

I find it funny how on SS4 Gogeta losing Goku and Vegeta appear as SS4 but on Blue losing they appear normal though, ArcSys didn't feel like making a base GT Vegeta model for one scene, I imagine.

that's how it happened in the anime iirc, Goku and Vegeta were still in SS4 after they unfused

also, insanely cool

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 7, 2021

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

SSj4 Gogeta is cool as hell with a much better aesthetic than Goku/Vegeta SSj4
Magic mad monkey god

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Being able to distinctly hear Vegeta's J voice actor say kamehameha is also cool as hell

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I keep forgetting the most pointless mofos zarbon, dodoria and 19 were in budokai 1 even though they just existed to get clobbered by vegeta

why was gero even in the game he never fought anyone

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

BoosterDuck posted:

I keep forgetting the most pointless mofos zarbon, dodoria and 19 were in budokai 1 even though they just existed to get clobbered by vegeta

Give Zarbon some credit at least he took the first round he has to count for more than Dodoria

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

BoosterDuck posted:

he fought yamcha's chest and won

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Aurora posted:

he fought yamcha's chest and won

Yamcha also lost to an exploding brussels sprout that one time

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you think you can beat an exploding brussel sprout i'd like to see you try

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I would just use my garlic burter gun on it, duh

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Babe Magnet posted:

everything about UI Goku was "This is the last character", I have no idea how SSJ4 Gogeta snuck in lol

The difference is we knew there were three more characters to go after UI Goku.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's the smartest possible gift to end the game on, allowing nerds to decide for themselves whether Blue or 4 was superior

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The answer is neither, Instinct is the best and now we need UI Gogeta and Vegito

A detail I noticed and liked is that SSj4 Gogeta is much more Goku haired, while Blue Gogeta is more Vegeta haired.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BoosterDuck posted:

That's why Budokai Tenkaiichi 3 is the best game in the franchise, it includes all those shmucks and many more*

*still not enough mind you, we need a game that includes literally every character in the franchise who can fight or at least hypothetically could

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

That's why Budokai Tenkaiichi 3 is the best game in the franchise, it includes all those shmucks and many more*

*still not enough mind you, we need a game that includes literally every character in the franchise who can fight or at least hypothetically could

If you don't mind it not being a fighting game, you have Dragon Ball Heroes with most characters in the history of the franchise and still growing. Dokkan Battle can't be that far either.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

https://youtu.be/qFMwE6QqEVE

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

how the hell are they still making content for this game

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
You think that's wild but I think it's nuts that Kakarot's getting new content at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-WU7n-3mg

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheHan posted:

You think that's wild but I think it's nuts that Kakarot's getting new content at all.

We knew Kakarot had more DLC though, they announced that there was another DLC Pack ages ago (when they announced it'd be getting DLC to begin with IIRC). Meanwhile XV2 is years old and yet still keeps getting more and more stuff, it's insane. You'd think they would've made XV3 with all they added to this game.

Also I realized yesterday why SS4 Gogeta is in this FighterZ pack. Every DLC pack must have a Goku/Vegeta fusion apparently. Pack 1 had Vegetto Blue, Pack 2 had Gogeta Blue, it only makes sense to have Gogeta 4 here. A FighterZ Pack 4 would have to go into videogame stuff and add either Xeno Vegetto (likely SS4), Xeno Gogeta or EX Gogeta.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TheHan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4-WU7n-3mg

wow we're finally going to be able to fight Android 17 and 18!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

HAPPY FAMILY GALICK GUN

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Fu was a lovable scamp in the first DLC expansion and it's disappointing see he might be regressing to the unlikable dickhead Fu we see in Heroes for the next campaign

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Augus posted:

It looks pretty impractical, probably just gonna be used for style

The scariest thing about Gogeta is that he looks like a mix up monster. He has a very fast overhead and a double airdash. He's the only character in the game that has this, other than Frieza, but Frieza needs to spend meter to be golden frieza to get it.

Oh and his autocomby is really good. Jesus Christ arc. Only real bad thing is that is 2l doesn't count as a low hit.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 8, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fawf posted:

Fu was a lovable scamp in the first DLC expansion and it's disappointing see he might be regressing to the unlikable dickhead Fu we see in Heroes for the next campaign

tbf this is still on brand for how Fu was presented in XV2 up until now. It's just the "Wizards: no sense of right or wrong!" panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

anything that lets me play goofy heroes poo poo in a not cardass is good in my book