Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

But that's not Mari.
*points to the 4-5 star Mari doujins*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhh62MUEic

I'm guessing the album's gonna drop at the same time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd doubt you, but let's be honest. Mari would be into it.

Mari would definitely be into metaphorically making GBS threads on Asuka by helping Shinji work out his hatefuck fantasies about her.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

sounds to me like the war's over

I mean, it's been pretty clear Asuka is the best girl all along.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Acerbatus posted:

I mean, it's been pretty clear Misato is the best girl all along.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's hear it for the true Girlfriend of Steel

the friends we made along the way

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Mari would definitely be into metaphorically making GBS threads on Asuka by helping Shinji work out his hatefuck fantasies about her.

I mean, on one hand, she and Asuka were clearly friends in 3.0, and she was going out of her way to help Asuka work out her Shinji related issues.

On the other, it's the kind of friendship primarily expressed through nonstop making GBS threads on each other, and if Asuka's not going to go for it...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

12 year old me would've kicked your rear end, but time and maturity mean I know to just look on you with pity.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
spoiler overview from someone who saw it: https://twitter.com/ahsokabro/status/1368785490242048000

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

12 year old me would've kicked your rear end, but time and maturity mean I know to just look on you with pity.

The True Evangelion Experience is empathizing with Shinji when you're 16, and then empathizing with Mistato when you're 32.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
everything about these spoilers sounds like a perfect mix of bizarre spectacle + satisfying conclusion except the ending pairings which just sound baffling but i guess being baffling is part of evangelion

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

lih posted:

everything about these spoilers sounds like a perfect mix of bizarre spectacle + satisfying conclusion except the ending pairings which just sound baffling but i guess being baffling is part of evangelion

It would not be Eva if there wasn't a weird fly in the ointment somewhere that keeps people from being completely happy with it, but hey at least it actually ends on an unambiguous happy note this time, so gently caress it, well done Anno :toot: now you can rest.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I thought that was pretty much over Evangelion after being a fan for so many years, but these spoilers just brought all the feelings back and I slowly realize I'm here forever.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

It would not be Eva if there wasn't a weird fly in the ointment somewhere that keeps people from being completely happy with it, but hey at least it actually ends on an unambiguous happy note this time, so gently caress it, well done Anno :toot: now you can rest.

I mean "rest" is an odd choice of words when he's got another movie he wrote the screenplay for coming out this year, but yeah.

This really sounds like a happy ending for the main cast after all these years. Maybe even for Gendo, if some of these summaries are true.

Also, Shinji hooking up with an older woman just proves again that he's more like Amuro Ray than Kira Yamato ever was.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Acerbatus posted:

I mean, it's been pretty clear Asuka is the best girl all along.

I knew there was a reason we're internet friends.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

We will all be saved once we understand Mari's worldview:

Everyone is best girl. Also best boy.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
Just got out of the movie. Seemed good!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
here's some lore glossary-related spoilers. linking to the post because it's pretty big: https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/20641/Shin-Eva-leak-general/760/#p913366

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
one last kiss seems like it's leaked a few hours early: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SA5vEEYPK8

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
Too much fanservice in this movie tbh. Was a bit embarrassing.

My gf, who speaks the language but has never seen Eva, said she didn't understand anything.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

BB2K posted:

Too much fanservice in this movie tbh. Was a bit embarrassing.
I mean, we were promised.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Horizon Burning posted:

spoiler overview from someone who saw it: https://twitter.com/ahsokabro/status/1368785490242048000

what is this loving closure!?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm just waiting for the One Last Kiss EP to come out so I can listen to it on loop until I can see the movie in decent quality.

Hard same.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm just waiting for the One Last Kiss EP to come out so I can listen to it on loop until I can see the movie in decent quality.

that's what i've truly been waiting for almost a decade

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Only 102 more minutes my friends. I know I could listen to the leak but I'd rather make it a communal thing with thousands of other weebs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhh62MUEic is the premiere if anyone missed it earlier.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
The song was disappointing tbh, it's no komm Susser Todd

It's crazy to think this is finally actually out. I can confirm it's a real, finished movie.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am very excited to be here at the end and see which spoilers are true and which are not.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I just got done seeing it and I liked it a lot! If you enjoyed 3 I think you'll probably like this too. If you hated 3 you're in for a wild ride.

Super spoiler: Shinji finally grows up and uses the anti-universe to rewrite the regular universe to remove Evas then he bones Mari.

Minor spoiler: It wouldn't be an Evangelion finale without rough sketches and meta for the sake of meta and this one doesn't disappoint.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 8, 2021

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

One Last Kiss review: It's good.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It is very good. I wasn't expecting it to be on the level of Komm, süsser Tod because come on, but it's up there with the other Rebuild songs like Beautiful World or Sakura Nagashi.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Related, I want Utada Hikaru's kitchen.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

You could really tell it was a music video filmed in Covid times.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Horizon Burning posted:

One thing they didn't quite catch: Underneath Asuka's eye patch is mini version of the restoration obelisks implanted in her eye/brain because she is still infected with Bardiel and removing it allows her to unlock her angel powers including the extra shoulder arms.

My only complaints above the movie:
- Minor spoiler: There's a lot of "oh no that was Gendo's plan all along" again.
- Minor complaint, big spoiler: The ending doesn't make it quite clear whether they're in the same version of the universe with the world rebuilt, or whether it's a version where the Angel stuff never happened. I'm assuming it's the first one because the latter kind of negates all the sacrifices made by the Wille crew.

My favorite moment though was definitely seeing Toji alive and well. The movie could have spent a lot more time in that refugee village and I wouldn't have minded, it was really nice to see some chill stuff in Eva. Subsequently I felt really sorry for new Rei when her clock ran out because she was doing so well living a normal person life. :smith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just want to see a happy ending that puts a cap on 24 years of existential dread and angst do I get that?

please tell me that spoiler about Shinji going back to Asuka on the beach is true that would be like the Seymour scenes from Bender's Big Score levels of happy.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I just want to see a happy ending that puts a cap on 24 years of existential dread and angst do I get that?

Yes. obfuscation space
(Single word answer. Extra words added to mask length)

quote:

please tell me that spoiler about Shinji going back to Asuka on the beach is true that would be like the Seymour scenes from Bender's Big Score levels of happy.

Yep, it's true.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 8, 2021

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

chiasaur11 posted:

Also, hard to know what's true at the moment, but the rumor I'm seeing is that the film has different ships for the ending in different theaters which, if true...

Anno, you magnificent bastard. I never should have doubted you.

I don't even care if the source is most likely trolling, I so want this to be true. :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RillAkBea posted:

Yes. obfuscation space
(Single word answer. Extra words added to mask length)

Yep, it's true.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 8, 2021

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Out of everything, I am the absolute most glad that I called Shinji in Unit 01 having a final duel with Gendou in Unit 13

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I read a theory this morning about Mari being based on Shimamoto Kazuhiko and now I want to see this movie so bad I can loving taste it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I hated the silly 25-year long shipping wars and I'm glad that Anno did an aegis reflector and have Mari win the championship title.