Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they should really just make xenoverse 3 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
wheres my legacy of goku 3

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BoosterDuck posted:

wheres my legacy of goku 3

Buu's Fury happened

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Buu's fury was LoG 3.

And kakarot was LoG 4

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
honestly if they did a Xenoverse 3 that was just Xenoverse 2 but with all the DLC stuff they've added integrated into the game i'd probably buy it

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Aurora posted:

they should really just make xenoverse 3 though

A Budokai Tenkaiichi 4 would be better(yeah they do play similarly but BT3 plays better than either Xenoverse game due to being a pure fighting game rather than trying to hybrid in a bunch of RPG elements all half-assed)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

A Budokai Tenkaiichi 4 would be better(yeah they do play similarly but BT3 plays better than either Xenoverse game due to being a pure fighting game rather than trying to hybrid in a bunch of RPG elements all half-assed)

BT has the limitation that you absolutely need someone else to play it with because the story mode tends to be just "Dragon Ball again but heavily abridged" so it lasts little, while Xenoverse tends to at least try to have an unique story (even if it doesn't exploit its setting to its fullest potential outside of Fu's missions) with the extra missions giving you lots to do on your own with your OC.

I'd rather have more Xenoverse than more Budokai Tenkaichi.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

BT has the limitation that you absolutely need someone else to play it with because the story mode tends to be just "Dragon Ball again but heavily abridged" so it lasts little, while Xenoverse tends to at least try to have an unique story (even if it doesn't exploit its setting to its fullest potential outside of Fu's missions) with the extra missions giving you lots to do on your own with your OC.

I'd rather have more Xenoverse than more Budokai Tenkaichi.

Not like they couldn't backport that kind of thing to BT, those games had unique story stuff as well after all, also they had plenty of single player content anyways

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why would they bring back BT instead of just making another Xenoverse, a game that did like three times what BT ever did saleswise?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only good story content BT ever got was the Good Raditz substory.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kakarot was really fun I don't care what anyone says

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Funky Valentine posted:

The only good story content BT ever got was the Good Raditz substory.

This guy knows what's up

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Honestly that DLC may just make me fire up Xenoverse again. It's been a long time and I don't think I really messed with any of the other DLC.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

bowmore posted:

It controlled like rear end

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

drrockso20 posted:

It controlled like rear end

maybe you are just bad at video games

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

bowmore posted:

maybe you are just bad at video games

I'm plenty good, the controls in that game are horrid

Xenoverse 1 & 2 aren't a whole lot better in their default schemes but it's easier to get them to something reasonably acceptable(if still overall inferior to the Budokai Tenkaiichi series)

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I had a chuckle when I realized you can't stand on the ground while fighting in Kakarot, you always fight floating or flying. They must have saved themselves a lot of programming and animation work.

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 9, 2021

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Monaghan posted:

The scariest thing about Gogeta is that he looks like a mix up monster. He has a very fast overhead and a double airdash. He's the only character in the game that has this, other than Frieza, but Frieza needs to spend meter to be golden frieza to get it.

Oh and his autocomby is really good. Jesus Christ arc. Only real bad thing is that is 2l doesn't count as a low hit.

Being a freeza main is actually suffering

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ElBrak posted:

I had a chuckle when I realized you can't stand on the ground while fighting in Kakarot, you always fight floating or flying. They must have saved themselves a lot of programming and animation work.

this is literally why I didn't buy it, it bothered me too much

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

A jargogle posted:

Being a freeza main is actually suffering

Yeah, the entire zoning-based kit and gameplan losing out to Z Broly's basic ki blast is pretty lol

being a Ginyu main is paying dividends though

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kakarot is good imo. Especially now that they added the Whis grinding missions and stuff. I like it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

bowmore posted:

Kakarot was fun when it got to the actual cinematic boss fights and poo poo but the endless stream of identical trash battles chipped away at my willpower, the mechanics aren't deep enough to keep things fun through the game's runtime.
The Legacy of Goku games were also really simple but they moved along at a much faster pace.

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 9, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
SSJ4 Gogeta is out early for some people and apparently no one has internalized "don't let Gogeta sit full screen and taunt" yet so matches are pretty hilarious

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is gogeta like q

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aurora posted:

is gogeta like q

Gogeta has thing where every time he taunts he levels up, at level 7 his super, the Big Bang Kamehameha, is an instakill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qABkPQVmPjQ

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gogeta has thing where every time he taunts he levels up, at level 7 his super, the Big Bang Kamehameha, is an instakill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qABkPQVmPjQ

"Instakill" is putting it lightly. It deals nearly twice as much damage as any character in the game has HP. It's a hilarious overkill of a move.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaze Dragon posted:

"Instakill" is putting it lightly. It deals nearly twice as much damage as any character in the game has HP. It's a hilarious overkill of a move.

This is making me think of the low quality sprite Dragon Ball characters that would show up in SaltyBet that would have terrible AI, but did 4 million damage if they actually bothered to punch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It does 19980 damage, every time, guaranteed. No scaling. Every charater has 10000 health.

1998 is also the year the SSJ4 Gogeta episode aired.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

They put more effort into SSJ4 than it really deserved, kinda upset about that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I mean they put a lot of work into it and still gave it probably the most hilariously low-budget super in the game.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Blockhouse posted:

It does 19980 damage, every time, guaranteed. No scaling. Every charater has 10000 health.

1998 is also the year the SSJ4 Gogeta episode aired.

the 0 is for how many people liked GT:goku: :iceburn:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Look I get not liking GT (because you shouldn't, it's bad) but reactions like this are weird to me

It's been like twenty years. You can let go.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I'm not frothing at the mouth about it or anything, I just wanted everything about SSJ4 Gogeta to look low budget and :effort:

The taunt gimmick owns though since it's true to the series, same with the 19980 damage reference.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If it helps he's closer to a reference to the Budokai/BT games than he is actually a GT character at this point, which he kind of has to be since he's in GT for like five minutes. Like his rekka is literally Goku's kick combo from Budokai 3.

I think it's better to be happy that a character looks cool is all

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 10, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Arale when

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

never because Gogeta is almost 100% for sure the final character.

Also if even Xenoverse 2 hasn't gotten to the Arale well yet she might be off limits for whatever reason. The last time she was playable in anything was, what, J-Stars like six years ago?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

she might be in some weird rights hell because she showed up in dokkan but they never did the second run of her stuff

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, was Arale/Dr Slump a Toriyama creation?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, Dr Slump was the manga that came before Dragonball iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, Dr Slump was the manga that came before Dragonball iirc.

So what kind of rights issue would there be with including her in a game then?