Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dienes posted:

I guarantee that if its been there more than a week you can smell that bed the moment you step outside.

Also, the bugs? Like...the only times of year it might be comfortable to sleep outside like that, the mosquitos will be out in full force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'd replace the porch bed with one of those couples' hammock tbh. Or even two normal ones

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

I wonder if insurance (assuming you can get it) will consider all those 'hand sawn by my husband' boards when considering replacement cost, given the house is built on a river. Enjoy worrying every time it rains more than an inch in your FEMA AE 10/10 flood risk million dollar shack.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Finish work seems well done if not to my taste, so it's possible the stuff inside the walls isn't a nightmare. It would make for a great week long rental on airbnb, but that's probably my limit.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

Finish work seems well done if not to my taste, so it's possible the stuff inside the walls isn't a nightmare. It would make for a great week long rental on airbnb, but that's probably my limit.

That's what I would assume the place is/will be. Townsend is near the Great Smoky Mountains, and near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and Dollywood, not far from Knoxville. Lots of vacation rentals in that area.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

St_Ides posted:

That's what I would assume the place is/will be. Townsend is near the Great Smoky Mountains, and near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and Dollywood, not far from Knoxville. Lots of vacation rentals in that area.

I actually checked to see if it were in the Gatlinburg Vacation Area. I assumed that had something to do with the price (which is dropped from $950k, I see)

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Space Kablooey posted:

I'd replace the porch bed with one of those couples' hammock

It's okay, you can just say "sex swing", here :pervert:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Logically, my brain says this is just like the end of a hallway with a weird choice to put a chair there.

But my heart wants it to be some kind of crazy barn-door-airlock you have to pass through to get to that toilet.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

using those slidey barn doors for bathrooms is so funny to me. why yes, one of the things I definitely need in my house design is a big visible gap in the door between me and whoever's on the shitter

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Saint Freak posted:

Logically, my brain says this is just like the end of a hallway with a weird choice to put a chair there.

But my heart wants it to be some kind of crazy barn-door-airlock you have to pass through to get to that toilet.

The chair is there because it takes up to an hour for the airlock to cycle once you’re inside.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I poo poo loudly twice a day so everyone else would love me

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1367620086245294081

Full listing is here: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1596-Penn-Forest-Ln-Stroudsburg-PA-18360/9810953_zpid/

Had to search out the full listing just to confirm whether the crappy jpg quality was obscuring the clear glass wall but no, there is not one there at all!!

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 9, 2021

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are your baths missing something? Do you need to wash... ON THE EDGE?!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I need someone to interview the insane person who remodeled this house.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
I found this house in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas about 10 years ago. It’s got all of the standard massing of a typical McMansion as you will see...

But as we drive around to the side of the house something magical happens!

I like to imagine the owner seeing a listing for the lot priced at $1.50 or whatever and developing this cunning 12’ stilt strategy.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Somebody skipped leg day

Jows
May 8, 2002

Sirotan posted:

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1367620086245294081

Full listing is here: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1596-Penn-Forest-Ln-Stroudsburg-PA-18360/9810953_zpid/

Had to search out the full listing just to confirm whether the crappy jpg quality was obscuring the clear glass wall but no, there is not one there at all!!

Maybe I'm just selfish for not wanting to live in a home that requires periodic turnbuckle tightening to...
*checks notes*
hmm... keep the walls from falling down the hill.

I mean... different strokes I guess.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This is the before

That sure was 2 houses alright.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I kind of like stilt house, if (big if) those poles are on a proper foundation. If nothing else, it's a variation from the spider caverns crawl spaces that seem to often show up in US houses.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Guido Merkens posted:

I found this house in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas about 10 years ago. It’s got all of the standard massing of a typical McMansion as you will see...

But as we drive around to the side of the house something magical happens!

I like to imagine the owner seeing a listing for the lot priced at $1.50 or whatever and developing this cunning 12’ stilt strategy.

That’s amazing.
Would you happen to have saved the address? I’m in the area, and kind of want to see if it still exists, and if so, how much of it still exists.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Computer viking posted:

I kind of like stilt house, if (big if) those poles are on a proper foundation. If nothing else, it's a variation from the spider caverns crawl spaces that seem to often show up in US houses.

It looks like they're sunk into pretty substantial concrete pilings, which big steel tubes, sunk deep in the ground, supporting steel beams is about as solid as you can get.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Darchangel posted:

That’s amazing.
Would you happen to have saved the address? I’m in the area, and kind of want to see if it still exists, and if so, how much of it still exists.

Steel is deceptive, it doesn't look like that house is well-supported but I'm sure it's way, way better off than your average house with an old concrete stem wall foundation.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Darchangel posted:

That’s amazing.

Found it on Google Maps! 704 Kessler Lake Dr., off of W. Colorado Blvd.

Guido Merkens fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 10, 2021

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Saint Freak posted:

The chair is for the Groom of the Stool to wait until his counsel or assistance is required.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

It's not 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms if their are no loving walls between them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/Gabriele_Corno/status/1368866111224246274

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I remember watching carpenter bees burrow a hole into posts in south texas. They were the only bees I liked as a kid because I heard they don't sting at all, but idk if that's true.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Call me back when that little fucker unscrews a tapcon.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Here's another cool conjoined twin house (or 2.5 if you count the enclosed breezeway to the garage)

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/912-Rolandvue-Rd_Baltimore_MD_21204_M66004-43288#photo0

My favorite parts are the atrium between the houses, and the super funky greenhouse attached to the front of the house.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

I remember watching carpenter bees burrow a hole into posts in south texas. They were the only bees I liked as a kid because I heard they don't sting at all, but idk if that's true.

The females can but won’t unless you provoke them. The males don’t even have stingers but that doesn’t stop them from getting up in your face like little buzzy bodyguards

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Well I've certainly never seen a listing photo that includes a little kid in their underwear before.

WHY would you include that? "Kid friendly" I guess?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I had a bigger threat from red wasps so carpenter bees were downright friendly.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tunicate posted:

mason bee pulling a nail out of a hole in the wall

Wasabi the J posted:

carpenter bees burrow a hole into posts
yeah I love watching the plumber bees lay their little honey pipes, too

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

My Lovely Horse posted:

yeah I love watching the plumber bees lay their little honey pipes, too

But gently caress those electrician bees.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dareon posted:

But gently caress those electrician bees.

why would you want to but gently caress a bee?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

tell me about it all my circuits are buzzing

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

wesleywillis posted:

why would you want to but gently caress a bee?

gotta pay for the wiring job someow

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think these could still all technically seabees.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Crappy construction in progress.

They put in a self check out lane at the cemetery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I'm really trying to figure out what they are trying to accomplish here. That machine has a backhoe boom joint on it, so they could absolutely keep digging that trench with the machine sitting next to it. Getting on/crossing that trench should be no problem at all for that machine with even a halfway competent and not-totally-blackout-drunk operator........