Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ihmemies posted:

They are not that great in many other ways. So it again is a compromise...

Do you understand that your political philosophy would result into wherever you live being "not as great" in those many other ways as well? People don't want to live in or move into places governed by xenophobic incompetents across the entire world. Much less in Finland.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Do you understand that your political philosophy would result into wherever you live being "not as great" in those many other ways as well? People don't want to move into places governed by xenophobic incompetents across the entire world. Much less in Finland.

One realistic strategy would perhaps be:
- have enough xenophilic competents or w/e to run the city well enough.
- and to have enough xenophobic incompetents to influence xenophobic decisionmaking

In other words, hope the competents want to make compromises with incompetents in certain questions, so the incompetents help the competents to vote for some other important subject to the competents.

????

One other strategy is to somehow educate or at least keep the incompetents at bay from inside the rear end finns, if possible. At least it doesn't work that the incompetent people just fester with each other without a guiding hand to a better form and direction.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ihmemies posted:

One realistic strategy would perhaps be:
- have enough xenophilic competents or w/e to run the city well enough.
- and to have enough xenophobic incompetents to influence xenophobic decisionmaking

In other words, hope the competents want to make compromises with incompetents in certain questions, so the incompetents help the competents to vote for some other important subject to the competents.

????

One other strategy is to somehow educate or at least keep the incompetents at bay from inside the rear end finns, if possible. At least it doesn't work that the incompetent people just fester with each other without a guiding hand to a better form and direction.

Yeah well, as seen by your general knowledge of the party you are involved in and how municipal elections/governance works, or from the representatives of PS, from the party program in regards to pretty much every aspect of governance and literally the entire history of said party - and similar parties across the world -incompetence is not a bug but an integral feature of right-wing xenophobia. Only fucktards buy into their argumentation (or the lack of it).

It's incompetents all the way down.

People who move to, live, and work in actually prosperous areas don't want to be governed by xenophobes either, btw. Because it sure as poo poo isn't just immigrants PS has shown hostility towards.

Imagine the kind of person who willingly alings themselves with Halla-Ahos, Hakkaraises, Huhtasaarit, Anot, Sheikit, Seppäset, Mäkelät, Purrat, Wallinit and others. "Competence" is a disqualifying factor.

Well, you don't have to imagine it.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 10, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah well, as seen by your general knowledge of the party you are involved in and how municipal elections/governance works, or from the representatives of PS, from the party program in regards to pretty much every aspect of governance and literally the entire history of said party - and similar parties across the world -incompetence is not a bug but an integral feature of right-wing xenophobia. Only fucktards buy into their argumentation (or the lack of it).

It's incompetents all the way down.

Most likely. I am clearly not competent and I don't have experience or vision either and I am xenophobic so I should fit right in. What other party would have been better?

quote:

People who move to, live, and work in actually prosperous areas don't want to be governed by xenophobes either, btw. Because it sure as poo poo isn't just immigrants PS has shown hostility towards.

Yes. Well maybe the hostility can be toned down. I don't know without trying. It most likely is a fruitless pursuit. At least I have something to do for a while before elections.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ihmemies posted:

I am clearly not competent and I don't have experience or vision either and I am xenophobic so I should fit right in. What other party would have been better?

Maybe you should just stay at home and drink Gambina all day instead of making the world a worse place for everyone, including yourself.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ihmemies posted:

Most likely. I am clearly not competent and I don't have experience or vision either and I am xenophobic so I should fit right in. What other party would have been better?

Oh, you're right where you belong, party-wise. Prime PS material.

quote:

Yes. Well maybe the hostility can be toned down. I don't know without trying. It most likely is a fruitless pursuit. At least I have something to do for a while before elections.

Again, feature, not a bug. The hostility is integral to the party and it's attraction for its base (such as yourself).

So no, not "maybe".

I suggest getting a dog or something to keep you occupied, improving someone's life is a better outlet for boredom, as opposed to being a piece of poo poo intentionally trying to make the place they live in worse with other pieces of poo poo.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Darkest Auer posted:

Maybe you should just stay at home and drink Gambina all day instead of making the world a worse place for everyone, including yourself.

Too bad. People will vote whoever they want to. I expect to get one vote but you never know. No one else is really being "critical" towards immigration so there aren't other options to vote for.

DarkCrawler posted:

Again, feature, not a bug. The hostility is integral to the party and it's attraction for its base (such as yourself).

So no, not "maybe".

I suggest getting a dog or something to keep you occupied, improving someone's life is a better outlet for boredom, as opposed to being a piece of poo poo intentionally trying to make the place they live in worse with other pieces of poo poo.

Guess what, I don't like animals either!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

If you don't like animals, you're really missing out on a lot of content the Internet has to offer. Seriously, check out the cute thread over at PYF.

DarkCrawler posted:

Now now, as the advertisement says, you can have both!

I did find it funny that in some BBC documentary they really underlined how Aatu spent a considerable amount of time training Blondi while the war was going to poo poo for the krauts on the Eastern front. Dogs, man, they're great.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ihmemies posted:

Guess what, I don't like animals either!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They probably don't like you either.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ihmemies reminds me a bit about a Persu who was interviewed by a paper when he was running for local office in Mäntsälä. Guy was all about the good old times in the 1800s and was pining for a return to an agrarian class society, where everyone knew their place and had purpose. He was probably convinced he'd be a porvari or pappi.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Truly, Ihmemies, I really appreciate your openness, but how do you resolve this contradiction:

Cities (or any organisational units for that matter) need competent people to run them. Otherwise it will underperform on all sectors, making it lose in this locality competition (my country before your country, my city before your city, my neighbourhood before your neighbourhood, my house before my neighbour's). While all parties have a big problem of having loads of incompetent people in their ranks, PS is the dark brown beacon of the big parties in this regard. So if you win, you will make your municipality unattractive not only to foreigners, but local educated people as well as the bourgeoisie who in addition would want to have this pool of exploitable immigrants. So you get left with a bunch of people whose only agenda is to stick to what they have while being dependent on outside support, be it infrastructure, natural resources and information. What would this dwindling city trade for these items?

By the way, you Qtamo asked a good question:

Qtamo posted:

Should Uusimaa or whatever maakunta you live in become a "no others allowed" area and completely ban immigration from other maakuntas? Is the purest form of this whole idea some inbred village in Pohjanmaa?
to which you answered:

Ihmemies posted:

Not really, no. No. The idea is to say things in a politically correct way, but let/hope people understand what the words really mean.
Ok so you do not support a model where organisational units strive for cooperation between each other but you also don't support the idea of smaller and smaller units elbowing each other for dominance? How do you see this hierarchy form? What battles should each hierarchy levels have? What stuff do you share with your street, your municipality, your nation, EU? Obviously you cannot be self sufficient alone, so you need others. If all nations went with your ideas of protectionism, where would Finland get its electronics? What would prevent a larger nation from conquering Finland and taking control of its national resources?

Also, I get that you want to keep foreigners out (except rich/skillful ones?) but where do you draw the lines? Would you rather take in a barely literate Swede than a university graduate from Iran, Saudi Arabia or China? If Swedes are too foreign, do you consider some distant Finns unwelcome to your municipality as well?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
A wise man recently said that in the politics of the near future, instead of the two main sides being communists and capitalists as before, the main division will be between those people who would like to find some ways to be nice to all the climate refugees, and those who will simply reply gently caress them, let them all die

I mean I don't much like China's political system either, it's just that... eh, sure we're all hosed in any case, but really we could at least try to not go 100% fascist. loving Arse Finns

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Kuntavaalikysely: Kokoomus ja vihreät saavat nuorilta eniten kannatusta

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11829714

Nuoriso on pilalla. Kokoomus, mitä helvettiä?

Muoks: Tosin itsekkin kuvittelin että oikeisto jutut oli ihan jees, ennenkuin tajusin että ihmiset on paskoja itsekeskeisiä eläimiä mitä pitää pakottaa tekemään oikein. Viimeistään töissä musta tuli mega kommunisti ja kokoajan menee pahemmaksi.

Captain Kosmos fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 11, 2021

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Captain Kosmos posted:

Young dipshits have to vote for someone.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Captain Kosmos posted:

Ovat huomanneet Suomen ikärakenteen ja että jos nykyisiä eläkeläisiä ei nyt ajeta hankeen niin niitä pitää ruokkia ja passata maailman tappiin.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tänään tulee tuomio Katajan pahoinpitelystä. Tästä yksityiskohdasta en ollut kuullutkaan.

quote:

Katajan asunnolta löytyneen pakettimallin valmistaminen on Postin mukaan lopetettu ja viimeiset erät toimitettu helmikuussa 2020. Asunnolta löytyneeseen oranssinväriseen pakettiin oli kiedottu 30 millimetriä leveää maalarinteippiä, ja siinä oli kontaktimuovilla kiinnitetty paperi, jossa oli muun muassa tekaistu FedExin lähetyslista. Maalarinteipistä ja pahvipinnalta löytyi syytetyn sormenjälkiä ja kontaktimuovista Torssosen sormenjälki.

quote:

Torssonen taas on kertonut, että hänen autoonsa toukokuussa 2020 tehdyssä murrossa vietiin reppu, jossa oli sisällä kontaktimuovia. Esitutkintapöytäkirjassa poliisi epäilee Torssonen lavastaneen automurron selittääkseen paketista löytyneen sormenjälkensä.

Siis se sama automurto, jossa katosi Torssosen aseet mystisesti sen jälkeen, kun Torssonen oli lyönyt jotain kivellä päähän ja poliisi olisi takavarikoinut ne. Kyseiset pyssythän sitten löytyivät vielä mystisemmin Torssosen kaverin kämpiltä ja nyt häntä epäillään murron lavastuksesta. Jännä yhteensattuma, että samalla on viety kontaktimuovia joka liittyy taas Katajan tapaukseen. Mitähän kaikkea sieltä onkaan viety.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Kylläpä vihervasemmisto yrittää nyt törkeästi lavastaa häntä syylliseksi!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ei vittu mitä tumpeloit

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Tänään tulee tuomio Katajan pahoinpitelystä. Tästä yksityiskohdasta en ollut kuullutkaan.

Siis se sama automurto, jossa katosi Torssosen aseet mystisesti sen jälkeen, kun Torssonen oli lyönyt jotain kivellä päähän ja poliisi olisi takavarikoinut ne. Kyseiset pyssythän sitten löytyivät vielä mystisemmin Torssosen kaverin kämpiltä ja nyt häntä epäillään murron lavastuksesta. Jännä yhteensattuma, että samalla on viety kontaktimuovia joka liittyy taas Katajan tapaukseen. Mitähän kaikkea sieltä onkaan viety.

Joo, siinä on hassuja yhteensattumia. Muovien ja pakettien osalta selitys voisi olla mahdollinen niin Torssosta ei kai voi syyttää siihen liittyen. Toivotaan että joutuu kuseen noiden ase juttujen takia.
Vaikuttaa siltä että jos ei pakettia olisi unohtunut Katajan asuntoon ei ketään olisi saatu kiinni. Mikä on hieman pelottavaa.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Kaverit, mä taisin just löytää ihmemiehelle hienon vaalimainoksen :haw:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Rappaport posted:

Kaverit, mä taisin just löytää ihmemiehelle hienon vaalimainoksen :haw:

"Niinistö aloitti poliittisen uransa asettumalla ehdolle vuoden 1976 kunnallisvaaleissa Salossa. Hänet valittiin Salon kaupunginvaltuustoon ja kaupunginhallitukseen. Kaupunginhallituksessa hän oli yhtäjaksoisesti vuoteen 1988 saakka, minkä jälkeen hän jatkoi kaupunginvaltuuston puheenjohtajana vuosina 1989–1992. Vuonna 1992 hän jäi pois kaupunginvaltuustosta."

Worked good in the 70's. What about 50 years later?

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11825895

quote:

Käräjäoikeus hylkäsi syytteen Pekka Katajan murhan yrityksestä – äärimmäisen harvinaisesta poliittisesta teosta syytetty mies vapautuu

Keski-Suomen käräjäoikeus on hylännyt syytteen perussuomalaisten vaalipäällikön Pekka Katajan murhan yrityksestä. Päätöksen myötä syytetty vapautuu tutkintavankeudesta.

Myös syyte törkeästä kotirauhan rikkomisesta ja syyttäjän vaihtoehtoinen syyte hylättiin. Käräjäoikeuden ratkaisu on yksimielinen.

Käräjäoikeus huomauttaa tuomiossaan, että syyte perustui pitkälti aihetodisteille. Aihetodisteet ovat sellaisia todisteita, jotka viittavaat vastaajan syyllisyyteen epäsuorasti mutta eivät todista syytettä todeksi suoraan.
No... Ne on nyt sitten ilmeisesti vapaita toteuttamaan uusi pitkien vasaroiden yö.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Käräjäoikeuden kanta tosiaan oli, että joo, murhayrityshän se oli, ja vieläpä lähes varmasti poliittisesti motivoitunut, ja kyllä me kaikki tiedetään kuka sen teki, mutta kun ei näyttö riitä niin ei voi mitään.

Tuo menee hovioikeuteen ja korkeimpaan oikeuteen täysin varmasti.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

Tutkinnanjohtaja Annukka Liukkosen mukaan Katajan ja muiden silminnäkijöiden epäillyistä antamat tuntomerkit ovat olleet ristiriidassa keskenään, mikä on vaikeuttanut tutkintaa.

Kataja itse kuvaili ensimmäisessä tapauksesta antamassaan haastattelussa ainakin toisen hyökkääjistä olleen ”arabinnäköinen.”

– Siinä vaiheessa kun makasin ambulanssissa, juttelin tutun toimittajan kanssa ja heitin vain että hyökkääjinä oli kaksi miestä, joista toinen oli arabialaisen näköinen.

Kataja kertoo, että hänen tarkoituksenaan ei ollut väittää, että tekijä olisi ollut maahanmuuttaja tai muuten ulkomaalaistaustainen.

– Hän oli sillä tavalla suomalaisittain tummatukkainen ja tumman näköinen, ja vaan siinä tilanteessa kun mietin, niin jotenkin muistutti arabia.

Kun on näin tolkun päätodistaja, niin ei ihmekään jos tekee hiukan tiukkaa yhdistää teko epäiltyihin.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Twitterissä tiedetään että todelliset tekijät on vasemmisto natseja ja murhainfossa tämä varmaan todistaa vain että tekijät oli todella niitä arabeja/somaleita/mustalaisia, mitä siellä jaksettiin todella pitkään epäillä.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Captain Kosmos posted:

It's really easy to be an succesful individualist when father makes your food, mother pays your gasoline and the biggest challenge of your life is a math test.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Fish of hemp posted:

It's really easy to be an succesful individualist when father makes your food, mother pays your gasoline and the biggest challenge of your life is a math test.

...toi kysely tehtiin 18-29-vuotiaille. Onhan siellä toki seassa vielä lukiossa olevia, mutta suurin osa on jo sen ikäisiä, että ollaan joko opiskelemassa korkeakoulussa tai duunissa, jos valmistunut amiskalta.

Warden fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 11, 2021

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
It's not a goddamn mystery. Half of the SDP vote share has moved to Vihr because youngsters do not associate with pensioners, and 1/3 of the Persu and Kesk vote has moved to Kok because the youth are slightly less racist and religious than boomers, yet dumb enough to love Alexander Stubb and other trendily dressed menestyjät with a social media presence.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Herman Merman posted:

It's not a goddamn mystery. Half of the SDP vote share has moved to Vihr because youngsters do not associate with pensioners,

I wonder if this bit is true anymore. Studying in university at the moment, and the young women here seem to support SDP - one even is partaking in the coming elections as a candidate. Indeed, Sanna Marin herself should hint that something fundamental has changed that contradicts this view of SDP as a pensioners club.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I wonder if this bit is true anymore. Studying in university at the moment, and the young women here seem to support SDP - one even is partaking in the coming elections as a candidate. Indeed, Sanna Marin herself should hint that something fundamental has changed that contradicts this view of SDP as a pensioners club.

SDP-aligned youth - I know, right - have been rebranding as "heritage of women's rights and equality" for a decade now, so that didn't come out of nowhere.

Rinne being the face of the party was such an inconvenience. I wonder if he'll be running for president. He'd be a perfect screwball to deal with the political atmosphere right now.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

SDP-aligned youth - I know, right - have been rebranding as "heritage of women's rights and equality" for a decade now, so that didn't come out of nowhere.

Rinne being the face of the party was such an inconvenience. I wonder if he'll be running for president. He'd be a perfect screwball to deal with the political atmosphere right now.

I don't know what gently caress they were thinking with Rinne. That kind setämies politician should be left in past or just keep in background and not in spotlight.

Jihad Halla-Allah posted:

Juuri nyt Kreikkaan tarvittaisiin sotilasjuntta, jonka ei tarvitsisi välittää suosiostaan, ja joka voisi panna lakkoilijat ja mellakoijat kuriin panssarivaunuilla

https://www.iltalehti.fi/politiikka/a/27754430-594f-4cfa-832f-d9c283d8b902

quote:

Näkökulma: Armeijan marssittaminen katukuvaan ravistelee hallitusta - ”Suomihan ei ole mikään poliisivaltio”

Kuuropiilo ulkona liikkumisen rajoittamisesta ottaa koko ajan lisää kierroksia.

Hallitus ei ole julkistanut valmisteluaineistojaan, vaikka julkisuuslain nojalla myös poikkeusolojen varautumiseen liittyvien tietojen pitäisi olla julkisia, ellei julkisuudesta ole vahinkoa varautumiselle.

Kun elämme rauhanaikaa, on vaikea nähdä, mikä voisi olla absoluuttisesta avoimuudesta koituva haitta.

Torstai-iltana Säätytalon portailla ilmeni, että hallitus keskustelee armeijan marssittamisesta Helsingin, Vantaan ja Espoon kaduille.
Sotilasasuiset ihmiset alkaisivat tivata ihmisiltä, minne nämä ovat menossa ja millä perusteilla.

Sitähän se käytännössä tarkoittaa, kun sisäministeri kertoo, että puolustusvoimat antaisi poliisille virka-apua liikkumisrajoitusten valvonnassa.

– Viime kevään Uudenmaan sulun yhteydessä poliisi joutui pyytämään virka-apua puolustusvoimilta ja rajavartiolaitokselta. Nyt tietysti tiedetään, että sisärajavalvonnassa ovat kiinni meidän monet rajavartijamme, ja sielläkin ovat resurssit tiukalla. On ihan selvää, että poliisi ja raja tulevat tarvitsemaan lisäresurssia, sisäministeri ja vihreiden puheenjohtaja Maria Ohisalo kertoi.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

On kyllä jotain ihan muuta, jos vihervasemmisto marssittaa armeijan kaupunkien kaduille. Seuraavana askeleena kommunismi? Valtion ottaessa talouden ohjat ja suunnitellessa ja määräillessä kaiken ylhäältä päin, myös huipputiukat ilmastotavoitteet olisi paljon helpompi saavuttaa.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Kosmos posted:

I don't know what gently caress they were thinking with Rinne. That kind setämies politician should be left in past or just keep in background and not in spotlight.

Honestly him being the presidential candidate while Marin is the prime minister would probably work pretty well. It confuses the setämies crowd, because that way they can't paint SDP as the party only for young women.

And him being a doofus would only help in the president's role.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I have already resigned myself to the inevitability of some absolute shitshow cockroach like Olli Rehn being the next president. Although I'm curious who Kok will put on the table, since they seem to think Juhana loving Vartianen is a winner move in Helsinki, after years of nyrkki-Jansku openly bullying subordinates and having twitter fights with his vice mayors.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Honestly him being the presidential candidate while Marin is the prime minister would probably work pretty well. It confuses the setämies crowd, because that way they can't paint SDP as the party only for young women.

And him being a doofus would only help in the president's role.

Ugh... Whole Posti thing showed how bad he is with media. Grumpy old man running and yellin "ei kommentteja". President of Finland is just a figurehead and mostly deals with media, just wish it was someone without the stick up their rear end.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Yhtäältä on mäkätetty että hallitus ei ole valmistellut riittävästi rajoitustoimia aikaisemmin, mutta nyt kun varautumista tehdään pahan päivän varalle, niin alkaa aivan suhteeton rumputulitus joka ainoassa lehdessä että nyt tuodaan panssarivaunut kadulle. Voi luoja sentään näiden kanssa.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Captain Kosmos posted:

Ugh... Whole Posti thing showed how bad he is with media. Grumpy old man running and yellin "ei kommentteja".

This worked fine for generations of Finnish valtiomen tbf at least until and including Lipponen, Rinne just didn't have that gorilla-like charm to pull it off.

Anyway here are my Completely Unfounded and Arbitrary Presidential Predictions for 2024
  • SDP: Urpilainen maybe? Or Heinäluoma if they're feeling nostalgic. Tuomioja would be fun but he's too old already.
  • KOK: Vapaavuori is probably still a contender, all their ex-PMs are too hated but maybe Ilkka Kanerva could capture that all-important naistemmies vote
  • KESK: Olli Rehn because who even cares anymore, will probably win because who even cares anymore (funny thing is Vanhanen would probably win the whole thing handily if he wanted to cash in all his martyr credit, but at that point he probably wants to just be left alone with his uuniperuna)
  • PS: Huhtasaari or Halla-aho depending on who wins eduskuntavaalit in 2023, Jussi won't bother if he's PM but will if he isn't
  • VIHR: Pekka Haavisto, will probably creak his way to the second round and then roundly lose to whichever milquetoast consensus candidate he's up against, unless it's a PS candidate in which case Pekka will gain the status of milquetoast consensus candidate and win by maybe 2%
  • VAS: Won't win anyway so doesn't really matter, hopefully they will unleash Anna Kontula on an unsuspecting public
  • RKP: Anna-Maja Henriksson probably, or maybe Nils again, no one will care
  • KD: Timo Soini will make his grand return in a show of ecumenical cooperation, no one will care
  • NYT: Jethro Rostedt
  • PAAV: Paavo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Forktoss posted:

[*]KOK: Vapaavuori is probably still a contender, all their ex-PMs are too hated but maybe Ilkka Kanerva could capture that all-important naistemmies vote

I think Katainen could do it, his image isn't too badly tarnished

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
At least the last couple of pages confirm that Persut is a party for people who hate foreigners and dont't know poo poo about politics, much like the Greens are a party for people who are vaguely liberal and don't know poo poo about politics.

SDP seems to be resurgent, and tbh I think despite his really obvious flaws, Antti Rinne deserves some credit. He had the stones to go and call himself a feminist and he didn't block the advancement of young women in the party.

The liberal wing of Cock has the issue that there's a lot of people there who can go to the Greens or to SDP and see no issue with doing so, and their nutso far right fringe is doing it's best to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

PAAVO

Sulphagnist posted:

Yhtäältä on mäkätetty että hallitus ei ole valmistellut riittävästi rajoitustoimia aikaisemmin, mutta nyt kun varautumista tehdään pahan päivän varalle, niin alkaa aivan suhteeton rumputulitus joka ainoassa lehdessä että nyt tuodaan panssarivaunut kadulle. Voi luoja sentään näiden kanssa.

To be fair, mitä voi odottaa jos valmisteluista ei ole puhuttu julkisuudelle yhtään mitään.

Päätoimittajat posted:

Päätoimittajien yhdistys on huolissaan maan hallituksen päätösten valmistelun läpinäkyvyydestä ja julkisuusperiaatteen toteutumisesta poikkeusolojen aikana. Esimerkiksi liikkumisrajoitusten valmistelun konkreettiset yksityiskohdat on pidetty täysin poissa julkisuudesta huolimatta siitä, että valtioneuvoston kanslia on mediatietojen mukaan pyytänyt muilta ministeriöiltä lausuntoja kaavailtuihin rajoituksiin jo helmikuussa.

Kansalaisten arkeen merkittävästi vaikuttavista toimenpiteistä on välttämätöntä käydä yhteiskunnallista keskustelua jo valmistelun aikana. Julkisuuslain mukaan myös poikkeusolojen varautumiseen liittyvät tiedot ovat normaaliin tapaan julkisia, jollei tiedon antamisesta ole vahinkoa varautumiselle. On vaikea nähdä, mitä vahinkoa julkisuudesta voisi olla liikkumisrajoitusten toteuttamiselle.

Tilanne muistuttaa viime keväästä, jolloin tiedon saaminen erityisesti valmisteluvaiheessa osoittautui useaan otteeseen mahdottomaksi. Poliittisesti herkkiä ja taloudellisesti merkittäviä ratkaisuja valmisteltiin viime tingassa työryhmissä, joiden esitykset vietiin suoraan hallituksen neuvotteluihin ja julkistettiin vasta päätöksenteon jälkeen. Käytäntö ei ole millään muotoa hyväksyttävä eikä julkisuuslain mukainen. Päätoimittajien yhdistys on huolissaan tilanteen mahdollisesta toistumisesta. Valmistelun avoimuus on keskeinen osa demokraattisen yhteiskunnan päätöksentekoa.

Ministerit yksissä tuumin sanovat että nyet kommentski, syökää paskaa, kerrotaan kunhan huvittaa, totta kai tämä ruokkii spekulaatioita. Ottaen huomioon että korona on nähdäkseni läsnä melkein jokaisessa YLEn uutislähetyksessä jne., ilmeisesti jossain ollaan sitä mieltä että tämä aihe kiinnostaa kansalaisia.