Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gosh, nobody who's ever publicly snubbed the HOF has ever gotten in! They really ruined their chance to get a ring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/daydreamthis/status/1369016748809281546?s=21

Poor Ryan Satin. wwe is life. Always and forever. 14,947 tweets about how WWE isn’t treated fairly or the same, etc.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also, hell, worth it.

For eternity, for life. Never will I ever stop posting about this.

https://twitter.com/merciewitamouth/status/1368947609126248448?s=21

75 years later and I will still endlessly making GBS threads on this. It is my life’s mission, he said.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i always sigh in relief when i see some new bad take and i click on it to block the person and they're already blocked

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

i always sigh in relief when i see some new bad take and i click on it to block the person and they're already blocked

:(

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ICR posted:

Poor Ryan Satin. wwe is life. Always and forever. 14,947 tweets about how WWE isn’t treated fairly or the same, etc.

Wait WWE has "plans"?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ICR posted:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1369116951658733568?s=20

wHy DoEsNt He TeLl Us

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/VRKurosawa/status/1369462548144283648?s=20

'Khan needs to sell to Bushiroad' is some kind of take.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AEW finally has a genuine Wrestlecrap moment everyone can dunk on and these people still come up with the dumbest takes

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Vandar posted:

https://twitter.com/VRKurosawa/status/1369462548144283648?s=20

'Khan needs to sell to Bushiroad' is some kind of take.

yeah when I think of companies who newly acquired companies and did well I think of bushiroad lmfao.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ItohRespectArmy posted:

yeah when I think of companies who newly acquired companies and did well I think of bushiroad lmfao.

I mean they acquired New Japan & turned it around pretty dramatically.

That said, this is still loving dumb.

Also, Rob Black is still a thing? I cannot imagine caring what he has to say about anything.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

forkboy84 posted:

I mean they acquired New Japan & turned it around pretty dramatically.

That said, this is still loving dumb.

Also, Rob Black is still a thing? I cannot imagine caring what he has to say about anything.

Looking at what happened to njpw after the elite left I think Kenny was shadow booking for Gedo the whole time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

cagliostr0 posted:

Looking at what happened to njpw after the elite left I think Kenny was shadow booking for Gedo the whole time

They brought in Shingo Takagi & things improved?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Yeah, 2019 was one of NJPW's best years for creative product.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

They brought in Shingo Takagi & things improved?

Shingo was there before Kenny left, and other than a few things NJPW bored the poo poo out of me the last year and a half or so.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Its only post pandemic that the booking in NJPW started to not be so great but I'm giving them a little leeway.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Post-pandemic break gave us the Yoshi-Hashi and El Desperado pushes, I refuse to begrudge them any missteps

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

njpw owns

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Post pandemic New Japan has been kinda strange in that they still deliver the same fantastic payoffs eventually, but the road there always feels really weird for some reason.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

The only swing and a miss for me was EVILs main event run. But NJPW were a bit stuck with talent not able to travel over so I'll give them leeway.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pandemic New Japan has not been good but everything before March of 2020 was very good.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Post pandemic New Japan still delivered the best show of 2020 that I saw, so I can't judge them too harshly.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've been way less into New Japan lately than I have been in recent memory but the big shows are still at least very good and Despy is getting his due, so I can't complain too much.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
New Japan COVID booking has given us:

- The Despy run
- The junior division in general getting a higher profile
- YOSHI-HASHI becoming a champ
- Shingo's NEVER title run
- The Suzuki/Nagata feud
- Dangerous Tekkers making the tag division fun
- The emotional Tanahashi failures
- Suzuki-gun wanting to help DOUKI get a belt

Yes the main event has been weird with the double gold stuff but even then the matches have always delivered apart from when EVIL was in them and the only real bum note has been Okada feuding with Bullet Club for ages and not chucking Ospreay in a bin. Overall though I'm still very satisfied

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

Post pandemic New Japan has been kinda strange in that they still deliver the same fantastic payoffs eventually, but the road there always feels really weird for some reason.

Ah, Cody is booking.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Rarity posted:

New Japan COVID booking has given us:

- The Despy run
- The junior division in general getting a higher profile
- YOSHI-HASHI becoming a champ
- Shingo's NEVER title run
- The Suzuki/Nagata feud
- Dangerous Tekkers making the tag division fun
- The emotional Tanahashi failures
- Suzuki-gun wanting to help DOUKI get a belt

Yes the main event has been weird with the double gold stuff but even then the matches have always delivered apart from when EVIL was in them and the only real bum note has been Okada feuding with Bullet Club for ages and not chucking Ospreay in a bin. Overall though I'm still very satisfied

All the bullshit evil interference, Okada being horrendous all year phoning in stinkers, the alright kinda okahn, having tekkers job to GOD. Basically ibushi, Naito and Suzuki are the only thing stopping it from being unwatchable since ishii isn't allowed to win anything. They need to give the ibushi institute for advanced wrestling idiocy the book. Either that or Sanshiro

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the lore of the moneyclip

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cagliostr0 posted:

All the bullshit evil interference, Okada being horrendous all year phoning in stinkers, the alright kinda okahn, having tekkers job to GOD. Basically ibushi, Naito and Suzuki are the only thing stopping it from being unwatchable since ishii isn't allowed to win anything. They need to give the ibushi institute for advanced wrestling idiocy the book. Either that or Sanshiro

Apparently Okada is working with slipped discs and as a person who has experienced slipped discs it’s a loving miracle the dude can even walk to the ring let alone wrestle.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okada's only real stinkers have been with a freshly turned EVIL and Yujiro and can you really blame either of those on him? Dude still put together a very decent G1 with a number of MOTYCs and this year has had 5* matches with Ospreay and Shingo. The good matches heavily outweigh the bad

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Okada's recent match with EVIL was pretty good. The feud leading up to it was bad.

Big Yuj still looks and wrestles like a broken down old man.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Okada's only real stinkers have been with a freshly turned EVIL and Yujiro and can you really blame either of those on him? Dude still put together a very decent G1 with a number of MOTYCs and this year has had 5* matches with Ospreay and Shingo. The good matches heavily outweigh the bad
And the stinker with Gedo last summer, that wasn't quite Yano Jado but it was pretty rotten.

I said at the time and stand by it: Ospreay Okada at WK was a huge disappointment and I gave it 3.5 stars. Not bad, totally ok, good even, but we're talking about two guys who are regarded among the best wrestlers in the world. Yujiro vs Wato on a random road show at 3.5 is impressive, Brexit Billy vs Lil Kazu on one of the biggest wrestling shows of the year is close to a damp fart.

He also had some similarly disappointing outings in the G1 with Cobb and Taichi from my memory, I'd need to go back through the 2020 MOTYC thread though because my memory is even worse than Kazuchika Okada's last 12 months

(Of course this is all subjective and if you loved Ospreay Okada more than me that's entirely fine)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Okada v Ishimori is the best worked worst match of all time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

He also had some similarly disappointing outings in the G1 with Cobb and Taichi from my memory, I'd need to go back through the 2020 MOTYC thread though because my memory is even worse than Kazuchika Okada's last 12 months

(Of course this is all subjective and if you loved Ospreay Okada more than me that's entirely fine)

The Taichi and Shingo matches were the only Okada G1 matches I thought were great

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Okada is the Hulk Hogan of njpw, nobody else has such a catastrophic drop off in quality when the crowds disappeared. Some like Suzuki even managed to improve

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i should be clear that when I was talking about bushiroad acquiring companies I was having a dig at stardom.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i should be clear that when I was talking about bushiroad acquiring companies I was having a dig at stardom.

I got it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
whoops wrong thread, not sure how that happened lol

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Okada's 2020:

Feuding with Yujiro Takahashi
Creating KOPW
Trying to get the Money Clip over
A bunch of bullshit with Evil

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There wasn't a single good IWGP Heavyweight Championship match in 2020 after January 5th and that is almost entirely due to the booking.

Like. Shingo's great, but, you can only dance around the absolute dumpster fire the main events were for so long. And things didn't exactly go back to a high standard once WK15 was over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

MJeff posted:

There wasn't a single good IWGP Heavyweight Championship match in 2020 after January 5th and that is almost entirely due to the booking.

Like. Shingo's great, but, you can only dance around the absolute dumpster fire the main events were for so long. And things didn't exactly go back to a high standard once WK15 was over.

Having a random guy last seen in the background of some kai en tai skits do constant interference and ruin matches is booking genius though