Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Get Nyanners in here to redo Cody's Snoop theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Royal Updog posted:

Not as terrible as I had hoped

The best bit of the vtuber saga was when the live action girl streamers on twitch had a meltdown about project melody being incredibly successful from the outset

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
bryan has been annoying on these last two WORs in a way he hasnt in a while

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Dave and Bryan going full "Duck Season" / "Rabbit Season" on "People bought the PPV because of the bombs!" / "People bought the PPV because it was a good card!" was a very rough listen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave sounded very hungover

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Granny segment this week was kind of a tense listen too lol

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

cagliostr0 posted:

The best bit of the vtuber saga was when the live action girl streamers on twitch had a meltdown about project melody being incredibly successful from the outset

Twitch AND Chaturbate.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

blast0rama posted:

Dave and Bryan going full "Duck Season" / "Rabbit Season" on "People bought the PPV because of the bombs!" / "People bought the PPV because it was a good card!" was a very rough listen.

Who said that people bought it on the strength of the card so i know who was wrong.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"You don't kidnap people you LIKE!...well wait there was the guy that liked Sonya Deville who tried to kidnap her...hmm it's hard to get in the mindset of a crazy kidnapper..."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

Who said that people bought it on the strength of the card so i know who was wrong.

Bryan doesn't think people should be annoyed the ring didn't explode

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I bought it on the strength of the card, it was me, I was that guy.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Raeg posted:

Yeah if anything I bought it in spite of the death match stip

I ended up enjoying the match, but if the rest of the card sucked I wouldn’t have paid just to watch the main event

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I bought it to watch with cool people over discord.

Twenty minutes after I bought it Maki Itoh was on my screen so I was happy regardless, despite that part being free.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I ended up enjoying the match, but if the rest of the card sucked I wouldn’t have paid just to watch the main event

I'm not a big death match guy but I was looking forward to a ton on the card and got so much pay-off from it. My favourite moment of the entire card was the Trust Fall Buckshot Lariat. It just made me happy.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Raeg posted:

this was also me, but im not scrooge mcduck, so it matters more

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cagliostr0 posted:

I don't really get thinking Orange wouldn't work. He's basically the only wrestler I have come across who everybody who isn't a rabid wrestling fan reacts positively to their work. I think they get over for the exact reason Cornette hates them, that they treat wrestling as a performance instead of a real fight.

Check out AEW's YouTube views. All the clips with like 10 million views are either Omega vs Mox or OC stuff.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

blast0rama posted:

It just kept going and going to the point where I wasn't even an sure what they were arguing.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Same. I had no interest in the main event cause I'm not I to those types of matches at all, but ended up really liking it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

It just kept going and going to the point where I wasn't even an sure what they were arguing.

I’m glad someone posted about it because I skipped like seven minutes and it was still going

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I’m glad someone posted about it because I skipped like seven minutes and it was still going

It's impossible to argue with Bryan because his arguments are like a fluid in space that you're trying to catch with a butterfly net.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Bryan Alvarez managed to internalize that words are fake and have no meaning while also not understanding that in any way.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Bryan Alvarez managed to internalize that words are fake and have no meaning while also not understanding that in any way.

Worked himself into a shoot

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

karmicknight posted:

while also not understanding that in any way.

The Bryan Alverez experience.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
haven’t listened to the episode yet but I’m going to assume Bryan is right as usual

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Seams posted:

haven’t listened to the episode yet but I’m going to assume Bryan is right as usual

The argument started with Dave thinking that people bought the PPV for just the 30 minute explosion, not sure how the conversation ended

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lone Goat posted:

conversation... ended

Certainly they run out of broadcast time but that is not how a Meltzer is wired.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
The worst part of that argument was Dave being unable to say the words "they promoted an explosion at 30 minutes, so I was expecting it, even if the match didn't last 30 minutes" - as in, you would not promote that explosion if it was not going to occur - and Bryan taking his muddled argument as "oh so if the match went five minutes we were gonna wait around for 25 minutes for it to blow up? No-one cared about that explosion" which :aaaaa:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Bryan and Dave argue about wrestling the way people on these forums argue about Zack Snyder movies. It goes on forever, neither one can ever budge on their position and the people stuck in the middle just want it to end.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

i will tell you for my sake i got the PPV because i was itnerested in the surprise potential rather than what was already confirmed, and honestly given what those surprises were it just felt like a series of letdowns until the final moment where there was a chance at a huge twist - moxley blowing up, eddie covering him to save him, and then horns.aiff

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Excalibur said the card was akin to a compilation tape a friend would give you and that was good enough for me(full disclosure the only one I didn't put in the effort to see was the MJF/Mox one)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I didn't even know there was a timebomb involved until like, 2 days before the show. I just thought it was exploding barbed wire and that was more than enough for me to buy the show even if nothing else on the card interested me. The idea of a timebomb blowing up the ring sounded pretty stupid tbh. It's one thing too many for a match like that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's sort of the main draw of the match type for people who were paying attention or have seen these matches before. so most people were waiting for it

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

There's no need to be an rear end in a top hat about it. I probably just missed it somehow. I'll pay more attention in the future. I'm just saying that for me personally it wasn't the main hook of the match

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I am less than a minute into the Bryan and Vinny show and we are back to GORILLA VACCINE FIGHT.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
oh god bryan is comparing vaccines to panadol

"i'm not one for conspiracy theories"

YOU HOSTED AFTER DARK

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lid posted:

"i'm not one for conspiracy theories"

lol

Very much enjoy Dangerous Bry. I am happier for living in a world with him in it. And Vinny. Even Craig, when I'm feeling expansive. Which I am.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry for being a rear end hole my man.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Cavauro posted:

sorry for being a rear end hole my man.

You have never made a mistake in your entire life.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Royal Updog posted:

lol

Very much enjoy Dangerous Bry. I am happier for living in a world with him in it. And Vinny. Even Craig, when I'm feeling expansive. Which I am.

I’ve only really started listening to full eps of B&V. It’s interesting because Vinny always came across as quite smart in any clips I’ve heard on YT but on the full shows he comes across as a total idiot. It’s like he doesn’t watch any wrestling at all. Like he never seems to know what’s happening

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I’ve only really started listening to full eps of B&V. It’s interesting because Vinny always came across as quite smart in any clips I’ve heard on YT but on the full shows he comes across as a total idiot. It’s like he doesn’t watch any wrestling at all. Like he never seems to know what’s happening

I quit B/V awhile ago, much like Vinnie quit Raw, which is why I think he sometimes seems confused on PPV reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

We are all just dipshits watching playfighting if you get right down to it.

Like he never seems to know what’s happening

Ah, this is why I find him so relatable.