Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think I've made a mistake.

Never brought a kit that came with a disclaimer from the store before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

MJP posted:

Anyone else in a Gunpla slump thanks to the pandemic? I used to find the most satisfaction working on a model in the evenings after having to spend the day at the office, but in month two of lockdown I realized I was much less stressed and needing to separate. I haven't really worked on anything since then.

The Spinatia/o actually looks really cool, though.

Extremely yes. For the first few months of lockdown I went on a building binge, but ever since then things have been pretty sporadic. I can't tell you when the last time I built anything other than a Haro or SD kit was.

..Hasn't really stopped me from buying them, though. :shrug:

E: my most recent build. BE NOT AFRAID

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 20, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

New weapons and scenery for 30MM

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
how tall are 30mm kits supposed to be? Gundam sized or Kaiju sized?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

how tall are 30mm kits supposed to be? Gundam sized or Kaiju sized?

Gundam sized. They're in HGUC scale.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

Gundam sized. They're in HGUC scale.

Okay, because those environment sets make them look gargantuan

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arcsquad12 posted:

Okay, because those environment sets make them look gargantuan

They're the same height as a five story building

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Gripweed posted:

Also 30MM Girls, which isn't for me, but there's also some new 30MM mech units that appear to be made to be interchangeable with them that look pretty ace.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Gripweed posted:

30MM helped inspire me to go back to writing a mech minis game that I'd put on the shelf years ago, and now they're making appropriately scaled terrain? Monsters.

Edit: Also I need that giant-sized weapons kit yesterday.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Just Dan Again posted:

Edit: Also I need that giant-sized weapons kit yesterday.

Well you're in luck; that's when it released :v:.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

MJP posted:

Anyone else in a Gunpla slump thanks to the pandemic? I used to find the most satisfaction working on a model in the evenings after having to spend the day at the office, but in month two of lockdown I realized I was much less stressed and needing to separate. I haven't really worked on anything since then.

I rotate hobbies - fall/winter is gunpla time and then spring/summer is gardening time. Really helps me avoid burnout and you still get that rush of “starting something new”.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Veotax posted:

I think I've made a mistake.

Never brought a kit that came with a disclaimer from the store before

As a friend of the owners of Gundam mad (and occasional MCM London stall helper), they're very keen on making people aware of things, and they're super customer focused. G and Lindsey are both awesome.

Just never lie to them. G has a bullshit detector like no other, and as a huge Plamo hobbyist himself, he knows the hobby inside out.

e. also never go drinking with G and Phil from Genki Gear. You won't survive it.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Xaerael posted:

As a friend of the owners of Gundam mad (and occasional MCM London stall helper), they're very keen on making people aware of things, and they're super customer focused. G and Lindsey are both awesome.

Just never lie to them. G has a bullshit detector like no other, and as a huge Plamo hobbyist himself, he knows the hobby inside out.

e. also never go drinking with G and Phil from Genki Gear. You won't survive it.

Gundam Mad are the only store I've ever sent an email to specifically to thank them, mainly for making it easy to get into gunpla and not pricing their stuff like absolute psychopaths like some UK stores do.

I'll never forgive them for sending me a duplicate Gudetama though :colbert:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sykic posted:

Gundam Mad are the only store I've ever sent an email to specifically to thank them, mainly for making it easy to get into gunpla and not pricing their stuff like absolute psychopaths like some UK stores do.

I'll never forgive them for sending me a duplicate Gudetama though :colbert:

They have really good supply lines, and aside from limited ed stuff they literally have to buy off the shelf in Japan, or buy second hand off people, they run really tight margins. Since old Gundam Mad closed (Gundam Mad we know now used to be Gundam Nation, G bought them out about 10 years back when they decided they didn't have the time to keep their day jobs and run GM and kept the name) they've been the only place in the UK I've dealt with. I'll get out of stock kits I want in a hurry from overseas, but G's looked after me and my pain in the rear end requests for over a decade.

They also get amazing quantities of P-Bandai stuff.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Alright cool, my Moon Gundam stealthily arrived this evening; kinda want to do that first but I already started unboxing my Lupus Rex. And also the Lupus Rex seems to have a lot less parts than the Mk II (so does the Vidar oddly enough).

I also saw on reddit that there were some complaints with the HG Lupus Rex? What was that all about if true?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

MechaX posted:

Alright cool, my Moon Gundam stealthily arrived this evening; kinda want to do that first but I already started unboxing my Lupus Rex. And also the Lupus Rex seems to have a lot less parts than the Mk II (so does the Vidar oddly enough).

I also saw on reddit that there were some complaints with the HG Lupus Rex? What was that all about if true?

Depends if they mean the 1/144 or 1/100 the 144 has done posing issues. While the 100 simply can't.pose without assistance from stands.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Matt_Alt/status/1373535715955384325?s=20

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

I bet that really sprues-es up the neighborhood :haw:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/cherrynoir0032/status/1373312697593397255/photo/1

someday we'll get an official bjoranon

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Rick Dom-inic de Coco.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

I hope if one needs replacing some guy comes around with a huge pair of God Hands and just snips it off the sprue.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

MJP posted:

It's been 50-50 here.
Actually building is down.
The backlog is up. :shepicide:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Zedd posted:

It's been 50-50 here.
Actually building is down.
The backlog is up. :shepicide:

The fact that current conditions mean I react to seeing a thing I might want to build later with "oh gently caress gotta buy it before they run out" doesn't help.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

wdarkk posted:

The fact that current conditions mean I react to seeing a thing I might want to build later with "oh gently caress gotta buy it before they run out" doesn't help.

I'm gonna go with this hereon out.

Building: Up
Backlog: Way Up

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mllaneza posted:

I'm gonna go with this hereon out.

Building: Up
Backlog: Way Up

This is where I'm at. I'm building more than I have in a long time, but due to p-bandai being open and a lot of cool kits coming out in general I've bought more than ever.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

If you look at the back, it even has undergating!

https://twitter.com/smile_zazacity/status/1372792497269661698?s=20

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Ball! Ball! Ball!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Looks like Bandai's teasing another Spinatio/a version.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Is this purple Spinatia thing for sale yet? Where do I go to have a chance of actually getting one? I still don't really understand the release side of plamo/gunpla and intimidates me. Mostly just been messing with whatever $20ish thing looks interesting to me at my local store or eBay.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Is this purple Spinatia thing for sale yet? Where do I go to have a chance of actually getting one? I still don't really understand the release side of plamo/gunpla and intimidates me. Mostly just been messing with whatever $20ish thing looks interesting to me at my local store or eBay.

They're not out for a few months yet, and it's usually a month or so more before they reach wide release outside of Japan.

1999.co.jp and hlj.com are pretty good for preorders. Prices will be lower than you're used to, but shipping can be a bit rough.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

They're not out for a few months yet, and it's usually a month or so more before they reach wide release outside of Japan.

1999.co.jp and hlj.com are pretty good for preorders. Prices will be lower than you're used to, but shipping can be a bit rough.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of cases of shipping being as much as the model itself on eBay. I assumed thats the cost of import.

Thanks for the info! Guess I'll keep an eye on those couple sites in the future.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Cybuster status report:

I have no built two arms and a leg, and will never buy a Kotobukiya kit ever again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Cybuster status report:

I have no built two arms and a leg, and will never buy a Kotobukiya kit ever again.

What's getting you down about it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

I think they're saying they'll never go back to Kotobukiya kits after building the Bandai HG Cybuster.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think they're saying they'll never go back to Kotobukiya kits after building the Bandai HG Cybuster.

Ah yes.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kotobukiya has pretty good licenses though, I mean it sucks they aren't Bandai quality, but nothing else is.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Midjack posted:

It's just hard and awkward to build, haha. I've had to file some pieces to get them to fit together.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Just looks like the sengoku armor for the Spinatio, angled so that the bit of helmet occludes the center of the eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I got another Diaclone in the mail:

https://imgur.com/a/JRqbBoy