Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

One of my hotter n64 takes is that Goldeneye is better than Perfect Dark, (or at least has aged better.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they both run at 2 fps and perfect dark was way too ambitious for its own good but i still like PD more

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you get a little alien fella & also every one of us who played it spent 100 hours in the weapons lab/shooting range

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

BS that guy doesn't play switch

Why would BS play switch, Destiny isn't on there

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

you get a little alien fella & also every one of us who played it spent 100 hours in the weapons lab/shooting range

Yea, jamming the door with the crate so you could stick arrows into the scientist guy's head and balls and laugh with your buds.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NienNunb posted:

I more or less 100% Mario Odyssey at least once a year. It's the best moving around in a video game has ever felt.

i have three moons left and i cant get them

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Ogre Battle 64 is also probably the best in that extremely up and down series

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna play Perfect Dark right now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Someone said there were no good British games but Batman: Arkham Asylum and Theme Hospital exist

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

another good british game is the first rome: total war

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bluedeanie posted:

One of my hotter n64 takes is that Goldeneye is better than Perfect Dark, (or at least has aged better.)

They've both aged like milk.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Timby posted:

They've both aged like milk.

In the sense that it has been pressed into a fine cheese, you are correct

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Perfect Dark had too many mysteries that plagued me as a child. The username/password earned for getting a perfect rank in multi, the cheese, weird glitches that allowed you to enter room storing the cutscene characters, creeped me out as a kid. Rare was always loving with people, I once racked up a huge phone bill calling nintendo power demanding answers for the Ice Key in Banjo Kazooie and spent literal entire Saturdays trying to cop it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

they both run at 2 fps and perfect dark was way too ambitious for its own good but i still like PD more

Perfect Dark was loving awesome and my friends and I played the multi on that way more than GoldenEye.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

tried to get into mtg arena

after the tutorials i lost about 20 straight games, almost won one, and then topdecked 7 straight lands to lose that one too

very cathartic uninstall

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I picked up Elder Scrolls Online to scratch my MMO itch. Enjoying it so far, even though I've never played Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

I picked up Elder Scrolls Online to scratch my MMO itch. Enjoying it so far, even though I've never played Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim.

I've given up on that itch. I get let down every time. The closes any have come was SWTOR but that was mostly a Bioware itch and the MMOness drives me away eventually.

My biggest problem with MMO is that everything is too big, it takes too long to get anywhere and you are too underpowered.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jiro posted:

Perfect Dark was loving awesome and my friends and I played the multi on that way more than GoldenEye.

Farsight 🤤 Crashing the game with Mines 🤤 Weird poo poo like Laptop Gun 🤤

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

some of my fondest memories are teaming up with 3 of my friends and holding down the fort in king of the hill against a full team of darksims. good times

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked throwing grenades onto the halo car in halo so that my friend would blow up and fall off a cliff and then we would switch out. don't have friend anym ore due to death

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Yakuza 6 is finally available on Steam as of today, same price as 3-5, so if anyone plans on marathoning all of the games, the time is now.

Though having a sale on the games would make it a bit easier.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

holy poo poo paramount+ has all the nickelodeon poo poo from my era

gonna watch me some ren and stimpy. yes i am almost 40

if they added wild and crazy kids it would be almost everything i liked as a kid

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

the entire country of Great Britain has never produced a good video game, why do they even have a game dev industry

You will never take away the probably hundreds of thousands of hours I have spent with the Championship Manager & Football Manager games over 24 years which definitely aren't just fancy spreadsheets.

Which is a shame because I might have done something with my life if not for them. Probably not but you never know.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Critical posted:

holy poo poo paramount+ has all the nickelodeon poo poo from my era

gonna watch me some ren and stimpy. yes i am almost 40

if they added wild and crazy kids it would be almost everything i liked as a kid

If you like that stuff check out PopArena on YouTube, he’s doing a complete history of Nickelodeon show by show. It’s really cool.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
After spending a year or so working at it, I beat Into The Breach on Hard with every squad, including the Secret Squad, on every game length (2, 3, and 4 islands). I got all the achievements and did all the things.

Now I need another, better mech chess game.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
There has never been a racing game as good as Diddy Kong Racing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Diddy Kong Racing is not even the best racing game with Banjo in it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Diddy Kong Racing is not even the best racing game with Banjo in it

I love this take

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Penguin Patrol posted:

Super Mario Kart is the best racing game, because there's no rubber-banding item bullshit and a good Koopa player can beat a good DKJR or Bowser player.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked dirt trax fx. this isn't the same thing as stunt race fx but it was only about 2 more fps

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rock N Roll Racing, which you can get on the switch now. Also Sega Virtua Racing, which is also on the switch.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My fav driving game was Stuntman, the most unfair ridiculous bullshit game ever, it infuriated me but beating it is a crazy powerful feeling

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

My fav driving game was Stuntman, the most unfair ridiculous bullshit game ever, it infuriated me but beating it is a crazy powerful feeling

it rules that it was essentially just made as a driving physics test/demonstration for Driv3r and then it probably ended up having a much longer shelf-life than Driv3r.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

it rules that it was essentially just made as a driving physics test/demonstration for Driv3r and then it probably ended up having a much longer shelf-life than Driv3r.

I forget that Driver games existed, they were kind of cool before GTA3. Similarly, The Getaway to me was a pretty cool game i'm surprised Sony didn't follow up on much, the first one had a lot of ambition and pretty solid story telling, it was probably the first game I remember that tried to minimize the HUD as much as possible, knowing how much health you had by looking at how bloody your character was was a pretty cool concept.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I forget that Driver games existed, they were kind of cool before GTA3. Similarly, The Getaway to me was a pretty cool game i'm surprised Sony didn't follow up on much, the first one had a lot of ambition and pretty solid story telling, it was probably the first game I remember that tried to minimize the HUD as much as possible, knowing how much health you had by looking at how bloody your character was was a pretty cool concept.

the Getaway was the brainchild of Brendan McNamara, who would leave Team Soho to move to Australia and create Team Bondi, the company that developed LA Noire.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I have been playing Forza Horizon 4. Back in the Xbox360 days the Forza Motorsport games were my "I've got 20 minutes to kill so let's get a race in quick" game & also my "I want to just veg out & play something low effort while listening to music or podcasts" game & since this came out on Steam I have finally got a new one of those. Just cruising around the fake British countryside in the snow in a Subaru Impreza trying to hit dumb signs setup all over is remarkably zen. Though it only took 2 days for me to get bored of the in-game soundtrack & just launch Winamp to play some non-drum & bass tunes before launching the game.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Yeah Horizon 4 is really fun, I just ignore all the race stuff and just mess around with different cars, though I think at some point I'm forced to do some racing to unlock stuff.

Speaking of Microsoft, I finally caved and gave them their blood money for Minecraft for Windows 10 so I can check out the RTX stuff, that poo poo is real wild.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Speaking of racing I just started watching F1: Drive to Survive on Netflix and it’s really awesome.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the Lego DLC for Forza Horizon 4 rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Karma Tornado posted:

the Lego DLC for Forza Horizon 4 rules