Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Droyer posted:

I got another Diaclone in the mail:

https://imgur.com/a/JRqbBoy

That's awesome. The hypermodular design language, as well as turning the truck cab into a separable VTOL vehicle, go a long way towards making this jamoke look different from one of the most well-known mecha of all time.

Of course I still absolutely want to see what they'd do with Starscream and Sunstreaker and Ironhide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The whole 30 Minute Mission line just feels like fancier Bionicle.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

It doesn't have the extremely deep lore, yet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zurtilik posted:

High praise.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Is there any specific reason why Mandarake doesn't accept order cancellations? I impulse bought a bandai scopedog from them, decided I didn't want to pay the shipping fee and then I saw on their website that they don't accept order cancellations or refund requests. I haven't confirmed the purchase yet and only got the email confirming they've got the kit a little while ago. Is there a good way to deal with this? I thought about sending an email but what they say on the website makes it sound pretty clear that they don't want you to do that. I can also accept not buying from them anymore if they decide that too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

No offense, but they probably just got tired of people doing exactly that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

From what I remember they're a real small retail operation hand packing orders, they're not amazon where all this stuff is sorted by robots and a million staff, someone had to tag and bag that order by hand and prepare the labeling and everything. Canceling would mean they wasted hours of time for no reason. I doubt they have the margins to support that especially for international clients, just take it and see if you can flip it on SAmart or ebay, who doesn't love a scope dog

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
HLJ has 30mm Option Parts Set 3 (aka; BIG SWORD) back in stock if anyone's wanting it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I built some more stuff!

First was the High-Resolution God Gundam, which was a really interesting kit- the internal frame's already all done, including some metal parts and some very nice joints, and you just do the rest. I enjoyed it a lot and it's a pretty gorgeous kit.

And then, continuing my newfound love of SD kits, I did the SDCS Sisquiede with a CS frame and the Silhouette Boosters thrown in because I love the proportions they get with those.

I love the Gundam aesthetic paired with a monoeye.

bandai please give me an HG or MG Sisquiede. it's so good.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Sea Lily posted:

Seconding this! I made the Titans color variant with a CS and it's just such a cool design- I'd love to see it bulked and scaled up to 1/144

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It's definitely my favorite of the SD original designs (gag MS aside) because so many of them feel either too fan-arty or feel too super robot but the Sisquiede manages to take cues from existing designs and make something both unique and convincing.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So after about a solid week of Fedex spamming my inbox daily with new tracking numbers from Bluefin, my glow-in-the-dark Beyond Global arrived.

I get that Bluefin was probably swamped shipping all these prizes, but seriously Fedex, do you REALLY need a new tracking number if something doesn't get picked up that day? And did you REALLY have to require a signature with ZERO option for me to say "Nah, we good, just drop it" like other couriers?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I completely missed that give away and I'm jealous of the prize, that glow in the dark gimmick looks really cool.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

So after about a solid week of Fedex spamming my inbox daily with new tracking numbers from Bluefin, my glow-in-the-dark Beyond Global arrived.

I get that Bluefin was probably swamped shipping all these prizes, but seriously Fedex, do you REALLY need a new tracking number if something doesn't get picked up that day? And did you REALLY have to require a signature with ZERO option for me to say "Nah, we good, just drop it" like other couriers?

Mine showed up a couple of days ago too. The signature required thing was weird but I think the last thing I got from Bluefin directly was the same deal. FedEx used to let you leave a signed note with the tracking number on your front door in place of a live signature but I don't know if they still do that. At one point if you signed up on their website you could also "sign" for an incoming package there but they now seem to have walled that option off behind some sort of address verification where they send you a postcard with a code on it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

:yeah:

There was actually a 1/144 non-SD Sisquiede produced, but it was a Gundam Rise action figure rather than a model kit. Also P-Bandai exclusive. :sigh:

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
So I cracked a little while ago and got myself an HG Phenex with the gold coating, bad nubs and all, and I can say I don't regret it. The gold paint marker I picked up for my MG Hyaku-Shiki saw a lot of use and when you look at all closely you can see the difference between coat and paint, but it's just... so... shiny...

You can see the reflection of my hand on the boosters back there! That's nuts!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jakub Rozalski desktop you have good taste in tin can robits.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Speaking of Hyaku-Shiki, how's the revive HG of it?

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

wdarkk posted:

It's basically fine. I think the gold-ish plastic looks nicer in person than it does in photos, but it's still a shiny gold mobile suit translated into metallic yellow plastic. The proportions are really sleek at least, and getting a pair of 1/144 scale golden beam saber blades is pretty great as well.

Edit: Do I have a gold mobile suit problem?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

wdarkk posted:

I know the proportions were a sticking point for some people but other than it's absolutely fine.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The Hyaku Shiki revive held a prominent display on my shelf until I moved, quite posable and flashy. Randos thought it was cool, none of them were like "Looks great but wasn't it shinier in the anime?" (even though I said these words to myself often) so I don't think you'll have issues there. Someday I'll go hog wild and try for that mirror sheen with fancy metallic paint layers but not today!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/protocraft_bg/status/1375057380010954752?s=20

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Reminds me that I should pre-order that upcoming Hexa-gear sometime, pretty sure it's the first Explicit Crab molded in plastic for a model kit audience.

A shame it doesn't have a lot of empty space, it would have been nice to add a bunch of lettering to it ("romanticize" in the left pincer, "carcinicize" on the right, "unionize" in the back)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Unfinished crab gang.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hey you know what I woke up and found today? God drat ASMR model building on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMZSdLwXMb4

Thanks internet!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

This was a fun as gently caress build and my only regret is not getting a Beyond Global kit sooner.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Midjack posted:

Hey you know what I woke up and found today? God drat ASMR model building on youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMZSdLwXMb4

Thanks internet!

Oh, yes. Those are awesome. I'm subscribed to a few channels.

I also recommend MusasinoPLAmodel and MOMO Modeling for that.

I hadn't seen the channel you linked yet, so that's one I'm adding to my list. Thanks!

If I ever get my YouTube channel off the ground, that's the kind of thing I'm planning. The world needs more ASMR gunpla.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

New Armored Core looking good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Thinking of getting a R9-Arrowhead.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

New Armored Core looking good.

Looked more Cyberbots to me.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I built another SDCS I've been looking forward to getting, the Barbatos Lupus Rex

And for fun I mashed him up with the Sisquiede to make the Sisquiede Lupus Rex! Which ended up looking pretty good?

Had to mod the monoeye and the lupus rex 'helmet' to get things to fit together, but neither kit was hurt by it so it was fun to screw around with for a lil bit.

also notably the Lupus Rex comes with a CS frame in addition to the SD frame, and with these lanky arms and funky legs the CS frame really is what makes this lil dude shine. good kit

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Made my first gundam!

http://imgur.com/a/HEdIcxD

Does anyone ever glue stuff? It's a pity the weakest but is the connection between the body and legs but no way you could glue that.

Also I'm used to games workshop stuff, would you paint these? How would you prime them?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

by.a.teammate posted:

Made my first gundam!

Does anyone ever glue stuff? It's a pity the weakest but is the connection between the body and legs but no way you could glue that.

Also I'm used to games workshop stuff, would you paint these? How would you prime them?

Is that the MG One-Year-War? I built that a ways back, it was a good kit at the time!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

by.a.teammate posted:

Made my first gundam!

You can prime them if you want, but you don't need to. Like a lot of games workshop stuff you can slap paint right on it and be fine unless you are trying for some effects with the undercoat.

Yeah sometimes you end up gluing things. I try not to, but poo poo snaps and unfortunately some of the joints will be loose or weak in such a way that gluing them isn't very helpful. You can try using a base coat (matte) or some acrylic nail cover to tighten some of those things up but be careful and be ready with a file to get them to fit right.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Notorious ZSB posted:

You can try using a base coat (matte) or some acrylic nail cover to tighten some of those things up but be careful and be ready with a file to get them to fit right.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, what's the latest formulation of Future floor polish? I've got a bottle still labeled as "Pledge with Future" that will last me until all the chemicals degrade, or the sun burns out, cause I just use little toothpick dabs of it to stiffen up Transformer joints, so i'm good, but it'd be nice to know other people can still get it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Phy posted:

Is that the MG One-Year-War? I built that a ways back, it was a good kit at the time!

That's the HG Beyond Global. One of the like dozen Grandpa's they release last year.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Phy posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, what's the latest formulation of Future floor polish? I've got a bottle still labeled as "Pledge with Future" that will last me until all the chemicals degrade, or the sun burns out, cause I just use little toothpick dabs of it to stiffen up Transformer joints, so i'm good, but it'd be nice to know other people can still get it.

I think it's just "Pledge Floor Care" now but I haven't had to buy any since the Future label was still on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
There used to be a website that listed all the master grade releases in order. Anyone have that handy? Google brings up a Fandom wiki page for this but I have never been able to actually get a Fandom wiki to successfully load.