Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Does dalong not go in chronological order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

There used to be a website that listed all the master grade releases in order. Anyone have that handy? Google brings up a Fandom wiki page for this but I have never been able to actually get a Fandom wiki to successfully load.

Dalong.net has galleries for all the wide release ones. If you can't use a wiki, it should suffice.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Veotax posted:

That's the HG Beyond Global. One of the like dozen Grandpa's they release last year.

Oh, doy. Sorry! The desaturated colors got me screwed up.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Phy posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, what's the latest formulation of Future floor polish? I've got a bottle still labeled as "Pledge with Future" that will last me until all the chemicals degrade, or the sun burns out, cause I just use little toothpick dabs of it to stiffen up Transformer joints, so i'm good, but it'd be nice to know other people can still get it.

"Pledge Revive It Floor Gloss."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hoping the Double X winds up being good.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 27, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I built it recently, it's pretty nice. Colors are good and the satellite panels look great when flipped out.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Justin_Brett posted:

I built it recently, it's pretty nice. Colors are good and the satellite panels look great when flipped out.

Satellite panels are stickers, right? Is there texture under them if I wanted to try painting?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Satellite panels are stickers, right? Is there texture under them if I wanted to try painting?

Yes, the same kind of pebbly grid that the X had. Look at the photos near the bottom of the page: http://www.dalong.net/reviews/hg/h163/h163_i.htm

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yeah, the actual panels are textured with little dots. I haven't tried yet but I imagine some gold paint on them would look fine.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Yeah, the actual panels are textured with little dots. I haven't tried yet but I imagine some gold paint on them would look fine.

Gold paint + wash would look good.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Still waiting for the Unit 01 with the transport platform kit to be available, so I got myself a 02 and mostly didn't mangle it.

Ordered the Beyond Global RX-78-2 since it's my birthday next week.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Halman posted:

Still waiting for the Unit 01 with the transport platform kit to be available, so I got myself a 02 and mostly didn't mangle it.

Ordered the Beyond Global RX-78-2 since it's my birthday next week.

The RG Evas look sooo good, I've got 00 and 01 but I'll have to pick up the rest some time. (By the way you've got a tab left over there on the top of the pallet rifle)

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Hehe I leave those tabs on purpose sometimes bc they look cool. One of my Hyakurens has a tab on the assault rifle, I pretend its like one of those tungsten nubs on car window smashers. Gunpla is freedom!

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Marx Headroom posted:

Hehe I leave those tabs on purpose sometimes bc they look cool.

Haha yeah I missed it when I was originally snipping and then liked how it looked

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

ok this gimmick rules. A great prize

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

y'all want a new Unicorn kit?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Gripweed posted:

Is this from Build Real?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wdarkk posted:

Is this from Build Real?

Yeah. Sorry if that's spoilers, there's literally no way to know if it's a big reveal or something in the show.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wallets hate it! This beautiful son of a bitch is getting another kit, and basically, you're buying it!

Burns
May 10, 2008

I just built the MG unicorn (the 2010 MG). I had to pry open the chest transformation with my teeth. Its a nice kit but kind of rough. Still working on the decals for it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Looks like an RG to me. Pretty dope, I like the RG Unicorn baseline and that's a nice shade of dark teal.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Emphatically no.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gripweed posted:

Can someone please take the Unicorn Gundam mould away from Bandai for a few years and put it where they can't find it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Keep the inner frame though.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Gundam Zebracorn

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Make a straight up black and white frame you cowards enough with the really dark shades of blue/purple/red

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Gripweed posted:

So they basically got the green inner frame, the Unicorn "bright white" sprues and the Banshee "off blue" sprues?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It looks more like an ANA version Gundam unicorn than the actual ANA version Gundam Unicorn

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can someone please take the Unicorn Gundam mould away from Bandai for a few years and put it where they can't find it?

This.

Solkanar512 posted:

So they basically got the green inner frame, the Unicorn "bright white" sprues and the Banshee "off blue" sprues?

Looks like you could build this from kits already on shelves.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Midjack posted:

Looks like you could build this from kits already on shelves.

When they're coming up with customs built by high schoolers for the Build anime it's full of complex conversions and scratch built parts. For Build Real they are being a bit more pragmatic. A Gundam that has been fully painted, a Zaku with the shoulder of a Tallgeese, and a Unicorn mix-n-match.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
this rules, it's the realest unicorn kitbash you could do for a live action build show

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Should've had the Armed Armor VN instead of the shield to use the coolest Unicorn weapon.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I didn't care much for the design of the Unicorn, but then I brought the MGEX like an idiot and now it's grown on me. Though maybe that's my brain trying to justify a dumb purchase.

On the up side, I brought the best Unicorn so it's not like I'll be getting another any time soon.

Maybe the RG though.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
The MGEX Unicorn fuckin rips, and easily makes up for Bandai's sins with the previous MG Unicorns. I also hope they stop making them because there are enough fuckin' Unicorns now. The RG is also good, I guess, but the MGEX is way sturdier and comes with insane amounts of accessories.

Anonymous Robot posted:

There used to be a website that listed all the master grade releases in order. Anyone have that handy? Google brings up a Fandom wiki page for this but I have never been able to actually get a Fandom wiki to successfully load.

I usually use the Gundam Wiki, but if that doesn't work, https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/678/0/1 seem to be in order, or there's http://dalong.net/.

EDIT: I missed that there were entire pages of thread between this question and now, oops.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 30, 2021

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

New arrival How best would one go about getting a Flying Armour and G-defender that works with the kit?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gripweed posted:

When they're coming up with customs built by high schoolers for the Build anime it's full of complex conversions and scratch built parts. For Build Real they are being a bit more pragmatic. A Gundam that has been fully painted, a Zaku with the shoulder of a Tallgeese, and a Unicorn mix-n-match.

Why though, when real actual custom builders have made far cooler things? :nallears:.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Onmi posted:

New arrival How best would one go about getting a Flying Armour and G-defender that works with the kit?

There was a P-Bandai set that had both but I don't think it's seen a reprint in a long time so your best bet is to just buy the relevant kits and live with having an extra Mk-II or 2. That said, while the Flying Armor is still basically good, the G-Defender is pretty awful looking compared to modern stuff. I got the aforementioned P-Bandai set (through auctions) and while I had the Flying Armor set up on the shelf until it started taking up too much space, the G-Defender went straight in the spare parts drawer.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 30, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why though, when real actual custom builders have made far cooler things? :nallears:.

Because one of the things they're doing is releasing instructions for kits from the show online, so that it's an easy enough build for viewers without too much experience. Showing something that requires extensive modification in that spot might intimidate rookies, while veterans who can do it probably have their own ideas they'd prefer to work on.

Also, episode 1 is out.

No subs, so if your Japanese isn't much better than mine, you're going to be out of luck, but cheap CG transcends the language barrier.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Because one of the things they're doing is releasing instructions for kits from the show online, so that it's an easy enough build for viewers without too much experience. Showing something that requires extensive modification in that spot might intimidate rookies, while veterans who can do it probably have their own ideas they'd prefer to work on.

Ahh, gotcha :hmmyes:. I thought it was just another Build series like the anime ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I always like the build series where they used modified versions of the kits, instead of basically inventing a whole new mecha out of thin air, so I'm glad they are going the more pragmatic route.

Also resin detail up kits are really neat and I'll probablly buy more of them. The detail really improves the sinanju stein.