Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

though I admit I do want to hear Bryan talk about WOLF Hawk-FIELD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan getting mad at WWE history docs is the most intrigued I have been at the Bryan and Vinny show in ages.

yeah, i might have to start listening to it again

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Really good old stuff is fun to watch but is dreadful to listen to someone review.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
A lot of people ITT weren't around for the "They had a match. It was fine"s of the weekly ROH reviews.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If were gonna make Bryan watch old Japan tapes why bother with All or New Japan from the 90's when we can go all in on indy scum promotions

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

B&V should review hustle

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MassRafTer posted:

Reviewing 90s All Japan sounds like the most boring listen in the world.

The mid card matches were okay. The main was excellent wrestling that slightly furthered the character of each involved in this mega plot of who is the ace. Next show will also be Okay!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Really good old stuff is fun to watch but is dreadful to listen to someone review.

The only reason you'd do that is if Dave wanted to revise his scores, which definitely isn't happening. Though it would be hilarious if he reviewed Undertaker-Michaels again and gave it ****1/2.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If were gonna make Bryan watch old Japan tapes why bother with All or New Japan from the 90's when we can go all in on indy scum promotions

Not enough batshit insanity mixed with good stuff that makes them disappointed it isn't all good. It's a fine line to try and find - the complete Urban wrestling federation would be the goal, wouldn't it?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Someone send them DVDs of 2002-04 OVW and go through that again, because I've never seen it nor heard it outside of sometimes seeing it reviewed in old F4Ws.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan got so riled up by the first episode of the Monday Night Wars that he didn't just spend all of B&V bitching about it, he spent most of WOL bitching about it too. It was great :allears:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
the solution to this conundrum is clearly DDT Street Pro Wrestling shows: perfect combination of batshit insanity and good stuff

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Like the time they watched a few UWF shows?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Angry_Ed posted:

Like the time they watched a few UWF shows?

*Alvarez voice* HOOD JUSTICE

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
https://youtu.be/s8kXGK81GSg

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

They should do more bad movies. The one with the two headed shark is one of my favorite clips from them

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
What are the good "review <x> wrestling PPVs/shows" podcasts? I really enjoy the Attitude Era Podcast, and I've listened to Let's Go to War, but I know I'm missing some good ones.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CVagts posted:

What are the good "review <x> wrestling PPVs/shows" podcasts? I really enjoy the Attitude Era Podcast, and I've listened to Let's Go to War, but I know I'm missing some good ones.

Open The Voice Gate just finished a months long series on the 5 year run of Dragon Gate USA, probably the biggest failed project in Gabe "the reason you know who CM Punk and Samoa Joe are" Sapolsky's career.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CVagts posted:

I just listen to the attitude era podcast from start to finish and then go back to the start, I’ve been doing this for about four years :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

do all the times kefin makes poo poo up or just lies about things stand out more on relistens or are they just as jarring as hearing them fresh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dunno

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I still like Billy

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Alaois posted:

do all the times kefin makes poo poo up or just lies about things stand out more on relistens or are they just as jarring as hearing them fresh

This is why I hesitate to listen to his How2Wrestling podcast, because I know his inaccuracies would make me too upset to listen there since it's supposed to be a factual biography for new fans.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How2 stinks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CVagts posted:

ThROH The Years have been going through ROH from show 1 & are now at show 64, in depth and I really enjoy it.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
*10 minute rant on how announcers mis-pronouncing Japanese names are ignorant at best & racist at worst*

"So anyway, the promoter of IWA Puerto Rico was a man named Victor Qwee-no-nose..."

Hope you enjoyed my review of the Attitude Era Podcast.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kefin is no wrestling historian but he's a good lad who means well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Insertnamehere31 posted:

They should do more bad movies. The one with the two headed shark is one of my favorite clips from them

Bryan should review The Mickey Mouse Club again :hai:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

then he should probably stop trying to be a wrestling historian!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He should try even more

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I just listen to the attitude era podcast from start to finish and then go back to the start, I’ve been doing this for about four years :v:

The GAB 2006 episode is an all-time great. "gently caress you, Billy."

Gonzo McFee posted:

Honestly, it comes off more like he misremembers stuff, more often than not. But because it's the internet and it's full of crybabies, it becomes "Kefin is an evil evilman and I must defend myself from the lies."

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 1, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan should review The Mickey Mouse Club again :hai:

If he's never seen it I'd love to hear Bryan and Vinny reviewing Lost.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

If he's never seen it I'd love to hear Bryan and Vinny reviewing Lost.

Walt sold for the polar bear!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

Honestly, it comes off more like he misremembers stuff, more often than not. But because it's the internet and it's full of crybabies, it becomes "Kefin is an evil evilman and I must defend myself from the lies."

there's misremembering stuff and then there's talking about the great and historic Ouillet Wrestling Family from Canada

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I always try to get into it when they release an episode that I think might be interesting but it's always profoundly boring and a slog to listen through.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have never met a single other person in Ireland called “Kefin”

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

IceAgeComing posted:

the solution to this conundrum is clearly DDT Street Pro Wrestling shows: perfect combination of batshit insanity and good stuff

Bryan and Vinny almost certainly have no patience for watching something entirely in Japanese. Like maybe the Chris Brookes produced shows, or even better yet the TJPW english shows, but I really don't think they'd listen to all Japanese insanity.

Plus their goal of trying to mainly review things that are legally accessible to the vast majority of their listeners is good in theory - but asking their viewers to sub to a service for a month with them while they review a bunch, and then move to another would also be good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have never met a single other person in Ireland called “Kefin”
if you Google “kefin” he’s the only human who comes up, including his linkedin where he’s called kevin :psyduck:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What the gently caress

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

see i told you he's a liar

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dafe Meltzer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro