Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am not against shortening the field it I just wanted to see what other people though because I am also not against leaving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i want 2 be in the playoffs so whatever format includes me. altho it would be funny to end up 3rd in pts scored and not get in i guess

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Red Rox posted:

You Tolkien About Practice??? You talkin bout winning?

:dukedoge::grin::toot: the playoff push has begun! Watch out y’all

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Can we just all be in the playoffs?

EDIT: oooooh top of the table clash Saruman vs the Balrog!

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 30, 2021

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

my team's fraud quotient is steadily declining after lucking into a couple early wins. now to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs whenever those start

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
TJ McConnell is gonna be a 4th round pick next year holy poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Maestro posted:

TJ McConnell is gonna be a 4th round pick next year holy poo poo

I am definitely kicking myself for not adding him like a month ago when he started to get minutes again.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
He’s my Hayward replacement lol.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm having a lot of fun with this league/season and am totally glad I did it. Way more fun than fantasy football imo, probably because with the amount of games you're less likely to be torpedoed when a star lays an egg, and you don't worry as much about favorable/unfavorable matchups. The initial draft is obviously key, but you can make up a lot of ground by hustling on the free agents. Thanks for putting this together, Rick, it's dope and I'm definitely in for next season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with this league/season and am totally glad I did it. Way more fun than fantasy football imo, probably because with the amount of games you're less likely to be torpedoed when a star lays an egg, and you don't worry as much about favorable/unfavorable matchups. The initial draft is obviously key, but you can make up a lot of ground by hustling on the free agents. Thanks for putting this together, Rick, it's dope and I'm definitely in for next season.

That is good to hear, I'm glad you're having fun, I am as well and think next year will be even better.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
My fun/not fun status hinges on if I can successfully derail this unbeaten season so I'll let you guys know how I'm feeling Sunday night

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It turns out, like the Nets, my team is not very good without James Harden pouring in 400 points a week. Especially not since Beal kind of fell back to Earth and is pretty much a slightly above league average player right now.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s always tough when you get to this point in the season and you can’t rely on certain superstars to do the superstar thing. And then you have guys like Gary Trent Jr good God.

A couple close ones today! Will the last undefeated team finally succumb?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I lost this matchup by four first time 'round, and I entered today trailing by 4. Most of my studs are off/injured so I don't think I'm gonna pull off the upset but I caught a break with Trae sitting so maybe if Dame goes off and my tall stiffs grab a bunch of rebounds...

My main takeaway though is we're all fuckin stupid for letting Russ fall to pick 40 lol, it's been incredible watching him 80 on me every other night while I watch Ben Simmons put up 40-year-old J-Kidd style statlines

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I've done some poking around on best value, biggest reach etc on this league's draft and yeah he's by far the steal. Chris Paul at #69 also sticks out. Honestly there were very few colossal gaffes in the draft

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

fox and zion were both huge 4th round steals too. but yeah i was insanely lucky to get russ back after picking brogdon 20 spots ahead of him

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I drafted guard heavy at first and probably started trying to fill out the front court a little too soon. You can’t leave CP3 and Westbrook on the board like that! drat. I thought Harden dropping “all the way” to 2.2 was the biggest miss. Lots of good players to pick from though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Drafting so late definitely influenced things, like James Harden is normally a top 5 pick in any format and even I didn't grab him the first shot I had at him. It looked like he was only going to play half the games at the time.

Murray also was awful at that time but ended up roughly where he was the year before the bubble.

Rick fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 12, 2021

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Good point. I was prioritizing positional versatility too but you always gotta put availability above that. PG13 and Hayward so high may not have been my best choices. CJ was supposed to be my iron man. If it were predictable it wouldn’t be as fun.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dutchy posted:

I lost this matchup by four first time 'round, and I entered today trailing by 4. Most of my studs are off/injured so I don't think I'm gonna pull off the upset but I caught a break with Trae sitting so maybe if Dame goes off and my tall stiffs grab a bunch of rebounds...

My main takeaway though is we're all fuckin stupid for letting Russ fall to pick 40 lol, it's been incredible watching him 80 on me every other night while I watch Ben Simmons put up 40-year-old J-Kidd style statlines

update: Dame scored 12 points. Welp

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dutchy posted:

update: Dame scored 12 points. Welp

Ouch.

Love to get the second highest score and be playing the guy with the first. Soul shattering.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Rebounding from a 1-4 start and loss of my top two picks to claw my way to a first-round bye = intensely satisfying ngl

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I kind of like watching these four teams battle personally this week, what do you all think? Next season do we stay like this or maybe eliminate the last two teams? Or tighten it up even more?

The Maestro posted:

Ouch.

Love to get the second highest score and be playing the guy with the first. Soul shattering.

When I was talking about games against the median this is what it is designed to prevent. So you would get the loss, but you would also get a win for beating the median.

I see the benefit for sure. I worry that it is too brutal for the low teams but then again several of those teams have had many weeks above the median.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
PS Shai might be a top 8 player next year. Definitely worth a draft pick if you don't already have a keeper . . .

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh drat good thing I remembered the MIN/BKN game was going to play today. What’s that? It’s already over? But it’s only 3:30 on a Tuesday

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Rick posted:

I kind of like watching these four teams battle personally this week, what do you all think? Next season do we stay like this or maybe eliminate the last two teams? Or tighten it up even more?

When I was talking about games against the median this is what it is designed to prevent. So you would get the loss, but you would also get a win for beating the median.

I see the benefit for sure. I worry that it is too brutal for the low teams but then again several of those teams have had many weeks above the median.

Hey I’m all for this format if it means I can get in the playoffs. I doubt I’ll upset in the 2nd round if I even get there. I think we have a good amount of teams to keep it this format - if we get a few more people next year, maybe pare it down then.

I get what you mean about median wins now. I struggle to think far enough ahead to see how it could negatively affect top teams. Those teams would get two wins if they win and beat the median, right? But then two losses if you lose to both, that could be brutal like you say, but primarily for owners like Dejan who forget about it. If it’s fun, competitive, and most importantly helps me out, then I’m all for it

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

I'm a Small Playoffs Guy so I'd wanna see 4 or 6 but I'll go with what the group likes and find a way to finish 5th every year no matter what

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Hey I’m all for this format if it means I can get in the playoffs. I doubt I’ll upset in the 2nd round if I even get there. I think we have a good amount of teams to keep it this format - if we get a few more people next year, maybe pare it down then.

I get what you mean about median wins now. I struggle to think far enough ahead to see how it could negatively affect top teams. Those teams would get two wins if they win and beat the median, right? But then two losses if you lose to both, that could be brutal like you say, but primarily for owners like Dejan who forget about it. If it’s fun, competitive, and most importantly helps me out, then I’m all for it

It pretty much can only help the top teams, correct. They either get two wins, or if they are in a situation you are in where they finish high but lose to someone who finished higher, they get a win and a loss for the week.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Let’s go.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Good time to be missing five of my top six draft picks.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i agree

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It’s rough out there. Had to give up on somebody that might come back before we’re all done, but if I don’t win this week, it doesn’t matter. Sorry if it screws somebody else over

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
:420:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Mortgage your future for a chance to win now. All serious offers (that include picks) are considered.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’m gonna defeat the undefeated and win the whole thing. You’ve all been put on notice. Batum be damned.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Hey he's league average I would've been better off picking him up than rolling the dice on KCP.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
League average really could be the big difference.

I think this was the first time this year where I had literally every player available besides my IR. Very happy I happened to check to see PG was resting, but that left me with a tough decision.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If you are wondering about the roster move I made, I activated a player whose game started at 1:00 but then I realized I had an illegal roster so I moved the player back out because while I have consistently helped people put players in for missed start times it felt unfair to do it when my roster would not have allowed me if I had made the time and I didn't know it would just let me do that anyway.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if u somehow win im appealing this all the way to the supreme court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

if u somehow win im appealing this all the way to the supreme court

You would be within your right.