Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kosmo Gallion posted:

This guy is having a meltdown after being called out for his lovely opinion.

Yeah SRS was like "wow look at this stupid take" and the guy went from 0 to corncob immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WWEGareth lists himself as a Sports Entertainment Shareholder so I am a big fan.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Edit: Spoiler tag is messing up the post, it wasn't that funny anyway lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
holy poo poo is that literally baron corbin

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lmao now that's some sad poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
MRT posted that himself and then photoshopped that blue checkmark in.

But he is actually Baron Corbin.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
edit: poo poo I meant to emptyquote this one:

MJeff posted:

MRT posted that himself and then photoshopped that blue checkmark in.

But he is actually Baron Corbin.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Corbin says “cult leader” but the real scandal is that all the AEW EVPs hate each other but everybody is too scared to report it or even mention it!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Seams posted:

Corbin says “cult leader” but the real scandal is that all the AEW EVPs hate each other but everybody is too scared to report it or even mention it!

We have a right to know

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I wanna know who the cult leader is. Tiz Kiz?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The cult leader he’s talking about is Meltzer.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Zero chance Corbin has met any AEW executives

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Jon Moxley Constantly Threatening To Murder Opponents In Promos

It's stupid. And indy.

He alludes to murdering people using all sorts of metaphors and direct threats. Over. And over. And over.

It has to be plausible to click.

Threaten to hurt them. Threaten to cause them pain. Threaten to make them regret doing the thing they did to elicit this promo from you and the ensuing match.

Don't keep threatening to kill your opponents.

It's stupid. And it's indy.

It works in a Marvel movie because those characters can die.

It doesn't work in wrestling because when wrestlers die, they actually die. One percent of wrestling "deaths" are Fiend / Undertaker style angles which are usually regarded as non-wrestling and absurd. 99% of wrestling deaths are the deaths of real people in real life.

Stop threatening to kill people.

Stop talking like you actually want an opponent to die. You don't. Of COURSE you don't. It's unbelievably implausible, counterintuitive and baffling that you would say otherwise.

Stop it.

Indy level bullshit. You sound like an idiot. It undermines all the other good qualities of your promos.

STOP.

If for no other reason other than you make your character completely impotent when you allude to causing permanent injury and even death to opponents on a regular basis yet never actually do.

Even if just for that reason alone.

Stop making dumb threats. Fans in the bubble may call you a great promo, but you take a person walking by who is a fan of action movies or MMA fights and they see you talking like that, they'll sneer and say "that's stupid."

Because it's stupid. Wrestlers don't "kill" each other. This isn't Avengers Endgame. It's professional wrestling.

Idiocy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Showing the person walking by this Moxley promo. Perhaps at the hipster coffee shop?

I wonder what that person thinks about the Seth vs Rey eye for an eye match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ali Bomaye is indie poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lance Archer changes catchphrase and theme song to “Everybody Gets Beat Up But Only For Pretend Because Everything You See Is Happening Within The Limits Of A Predetermined And Choreographed Fight Scene”

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Can't one just have murderous intent on their opponent? It's like that old classic Taz Quote: Beat Me if you can, Survive if I let you.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Lance Archer changes catchphrase and theme song to “Everybody Gets Beat Up But Only For Pretend Because Everything You See Is Happening Within The Limits Of A Predetermined And Choreographed Fight Scene”

Wikipedia editor spotted.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ali Bomaye is indie poo poo

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I must have missed the scene in avengers when Cap cuts a promo on how he's gonna murder the gently caress outta Thanos.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

JT Smiley posted:

I must have missed the scene in avengers when Cap cuts a promo on how he's gonna murder the gently caress outta Thanos.

Nope, just Thor.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

they do hate each other, the cult leader is dave meltzer who plays them against each other, and who don callis is based off of

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they do hate each other, the cult leader is dave meltzer who plays them against each other, and who don callis is based off of

The whole meltzer thing is really starting to fall apart post that report on figure 4 about the ratings breakdowns showing women actually tuned in in droves for the Britt/Rosa match and arcade anarchy. Basically the entire arcade anarchy show was sabotaged by the boring old man wwe style wrestling time that stunk up the first half hour. He's about as out of touch as all the boomers due to his 'what women want from wrestling' sources being over 50s women who started watching in the 80s.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cagliostr0 posted:

The whole meltzer thing is really starting to fall apart post that report on figure 4 about the ratings breakdowns showing women actually tuned in in droves for the Britt/Rosa match and arcade anarchy. Basically the entire arcade anarchy show was sabotaged by the boring old man wwe style wrestling time that stunk up the first half hour. He's about as out of touch as all the boomers due to his 'what women want from wrestling' sources being over 50s women who started watching in the 80s.

Women did not tune in in droves for Britt/Rosa, it wasn't even the high point of the night for women and that was the quarter where NXT tied for its best quarter with women. They were down with women for the week too. The show did not perform well with women. AEW was oddly very strong with women last summer when the women's division got the least attention.

The match was overall a success story in terms of viewership but not because of women tuning in. It was a huge success with men 18-49.

Edit: I think I got got by an unsourced quote because I forgot which thread this was.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 10, 2021

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
This is like when Meltzer argues with an account with 10 followers.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

MassRafTer posted:

Women did not tune in in droves for Britt/Rosa, it wasn't even the high point of the night for women and that was the quarter where NXT tied for its best quarter with women. They were down with women for the week too. The show did not perform well with women. AEW was oddly very strong with women last summer when the women's division got the least attention.

The match was overall a success story in terms of viewership but not because of women tuning in. It was a huge success with men 18-49.

Edit: I think I got got by an unsourced quote because I forgot which thread this was.

Bryan was talking about this on WOL after debating the validity of Dave's ideas about booking. Paul Fontaine had actually gone through all the metrics and compared year on year and segment by segment and the idea women are being turned off isn't correct. The viewers per home is down but the number of homes is slightly up and the 34-49 women is stable. The women loss is entirely below 34 and is consistent across every wrestling show, not just dynamite so it's an industry problem not a booking problem.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s extremely reductive to think women’s viewership is going to live and die on what’s happening in the women’s division

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

jesus WEP posted:

it’s extremely reductive to think women’s viewership is going to live and die on what’s happening in the women’s division

It's even worse to generalise that all women faint at the sight of blood.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Marvel characters don't die.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Uncle Ben says hi. :colbert:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The last movie ended with a funeral for one of the main characters who died. Checkmate, skeptics.

e: after extensive research, turns out there was a Spiderman film i forgot about after Endgame

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Marvel characters don't die they just get written out once the actors cost too much money

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

The last movie ended with a funeral for one of the main characters who died. Checkmate, skeptics.

e: after extensive research, turns out there was a Spiderman film i forgot about after Endgame

The Spider-Men film is all about how Spider-Man is sad about the guy dying, you're still good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cagliostr0 posted:

It's even worse to generalise that all women faint at the sight of blood.
agreed

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why does he have a hyphen when most other superheroes don’t?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ant-Man has one, maybe it's only when the heroes are bug-centric.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What about that moth lady? What was her name? Moth-Lady?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Because Stan Lee wanted him to stand out among the hyphenless losers at DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

Ant-Man has one, maybe it's only when the heroes are bug-centric.

Counterpoint: She-Hulk